Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:02   #1
BHPian

Swift Remote Key Lost! please help

Hi,
Two days back one of my friend lost his Swift Vxi remote locking key ( Nippon), his father lost it some where near his house. Though he is using spare one right now he is scared that if some one with ill intentions who has found it might use the same to steal his car! if not atleast get away with audio system or any other belonging in the car for that matter.( as the key was lost pretty close to the house)

Can please anybody advice is it possible to change code of the existing transmitter and receiver to prevent remote locking from working for that old key which he has lost and configure for only spare key, I mean do we have to go to the dealer for it?

Anybody has a clue on how much does a swift key replacement cost? Along with the key he has to buy a remote transmitter as well as a spare just in case if he is unlucky for the second time. advice.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:22   #2
BANNED

for Auto cop it costs 750 rs ,,, call up Security lock guys they will reset the code so that key will be useless
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:20   #3
BHPian

Autocop costs around Rs. 800. Take the car to the dealer and he will fix everything
Old 17th November 2009, 10:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Spent a sleepless night & I can see this is going to be a major pain.

Yesterday I gave the key to our house-maid and now it has been misplaced. No hamky panky here, it could have been dropped in or around the house as I had just finished washing the car.

Anyone had the lock set changed and ignition too? Costs?

Plus getting the immobilizer codes reset.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

@S0uljah - Which car do you have? I can tell you the process for Hyundai cars.

You have to go to the service centre and inform them of the key loss. They will de-activate the current ECU code, and put in a request for a new key. The same will take about a week to come in. Cost is Rs 1000.

But there's a catch. Once the code is de-activated, you cannot use your duplicate key. That means either you leave the car at the service centre for those 7 days, or put in the request now and de-activate only when the new key comes in.

In the second case, you'll be at risk for 7 days.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:03   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

He has a Maruti Swift.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

While buying 3 months old Alto last year, owner had only one 1 key and 1 Nippon remote lock(He said lost it in office toilet). I decreased the offer by 5000/- towards this lost key and ownership transfer process and he agreed since I will take care and acknowledge him once I complete the process.

All I did was visit RNS showroom and technician has changed settings so that lost key cant be used. I ordered new key but it will come only in pairs from MUL factory in 3 weeks time which I received it promptly. Then technician added these 2 new keys so only 2 new keys and one old key which came with car can be used. I contacted Nippon guy and he sold me one remote and made adjustments to security lock as per my requirement. Total cost was like 3000/- odd I remember. I have 3 keys and 2 remotes.

I liked entire process since it ws staright forward one and safest one. It would be same process for Swift too as long as it has immobolizer like Alto

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 17th November 2009 at 14:32.
ravibhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2009, 19:39   #8
BHPian

@S0uljah
a new pair of keys will cost you around Rs.3500/-, to order you need the key serial number (it will written in your owner's manual)
Old 18th November 2009, 10:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Pledged Rs.10 to Lord Gulligan and the keys appeared miraculously. I kid you not.
s0uljah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 10:28   #10
BHPian

Lucky Guy.

Please take more care of your car keys the next time.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
@S0uljah
a new pair of keys will cost you around Rs.3500/-, to order you need the key serial number (it will written in your owner's manual)
I had bought an additional pair of keys for my SX4. It costed me less that Rs.2000/- at that time.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

You can a new set of remote form auto-cop. Yes, to change the code, you need not replace the car immobilizer and would cost you abt 15K to do that.

You can change with new remote locking system, so that the car cannot be opened.
Old 20th July 2012, 21:25   #13
BANNED

Re: Swift Remote Key Lost! please help

I lost my swift keys today,now what should I do. I have spare key but little skeptical about the lost key with remote.should I change the key set. What wil be the cost
Old 21st July 2012, 03:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I lost my swift keys today,now what should I do. I have spare key but little skeptical about the lost key with remote.should I change the key set. What wil be the cost
if you have lost it in a suspicious way, it would be wise to change the locksets. some insurance policies cover this change if your key is lost, check with them. typical cost of replacing the lock set should be somewhere between 5k-10k (for my OHC when i inquired, i was quoted an approximate figure around 8k).
Old 21st July 2012, 11:02   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
If you are referring to the immobiliser equipped keys, do not worry. Contact your maruti service centre(dealer preferred) immediately for a new set of keys. For the remote you can contact the respective manufacturer. Coming to the safety part, the old keys will no longer be able to start the car after the new keys are programmed into the ECU. They might be able to open the car, but cranking is not possible. Same is the case with the remote. The addition of the new remote will remove the old remote identity in the system so that it will no longer be able to command the car.
Untill you get the new keys programmed, better watch out for the car. If you do not have an immobiliser in your car, I am afraid you have to change the entire lock set.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks