Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 09:06   #46
Team-BHP Support

amit - the bosch hes giving you for 7.5k is most likely the same fake bosch youve seen elsewhere. considering the genuine philips cost 20k theres no way a bosch could be available for so much less.
Old 17th August 2008, 23:44   #47
BHPian

hid mess..

Note from Team-BHP Support : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

hey guys i need a hid kit for my ikon...and im getting really confused about the pricing..i need the fog lamps and the headlights as well..but will tht include the high and low beam as well..im reallly getting confused...and where in delhi can i get it cheap..

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2008 at 21:59. Reason: See note.
Old 18th August 2008, 01:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

crash bro, are you sure you want ALL those lights? That is blinding and plain obnoxious for everyone on the road.

Use fogs (karol bagh has chinese stuff for 2k a bulb incl ballast) and sparingly. And please, nothing above 6k colors.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:04   #49
BHPian

Hey guys, i have some great news for anyone on the lookout for HID's for their rides. Philips has slashed the prices of its HID kits recently. The Philips H4 Hi/Low HID Kit can now be had for 9.5k, yes its the same kit that used to sell for 20k until last month. Philips recently announced new pricing for their HID kitsand these are with official Philips B&W. In reply p4 which is another big player in the HID market has slashed prices of their kits as well. Now a P4 HID H4 Hi/Low kit can be had for 8.5k with B&Wcheers:

Cheers
Old 18th August 2008, 13:27   #50
BHPian

Here is the link that gives good information on HID Headlights.

HID Headlights | J.D. Power.

Btw, has anyone tried these on their New Honda City? If yes, please pm me so that I can also go for the HID Headlights for my ride.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:28   #51
BHPian

phamily man..

Note from Team-BHP Support : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

hey phamilyman..but where in karol bagh...i really dont knw any places there..and yea obviously im going for the 6000k only..and i have no intention to blind anyone..its just lot of my driving is on the expressway...so i need some upgrades ..

Last edited by aah78 : 27th August 2008 at 21:56. Reason: See note.
crashoverride9x is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th October 2008, 00:28   #52

hi everyone....please help me out i want to buy xenon for my swift should i buy 6000k or go for 8000k please help me out ....which one is better in look???
Old 17th October 2008, 10:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
and yea obviously im going for the 6000k only..and i have no intention to blind anyone..its just lot of my driving is on the expressway...so i need some upgrades ..
I know a lot of folks will disagree with me... but if you do a lot of highway then 6000k alone might fail you at times. Especially rains during rains. The only HID which offers no compromise if 3000k and your not going to find genuine bulbs at that colour temperature.

Have you tried a good 100/90 setup (focussing also) ? You could even get 130/100 and a nice pair of bumper mounted fogs for the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbuddy_anuj View Post
hi everyone....please help me out i want to buy xenon for my swift should i buy 6000k or go for 8000k please help me out ....which one is better in look???
Get 4300k

Why dont you set it up and compare both (1 6000k bulb vs 1 8000k bulb) you will know how it looks.

Last edited by s0uljah : 17th October 2008 at 10:37. Reason: added multiple quote
Old 17th October 2008, 10:48   #54
BHPian

i bought philips 5000k, for around 900 rs. It's the white light, i think crystal vison along with fog lamps for rs 850(don't know the company), but with focusing done it's really quite good, bright and looks nice as well
Old 17th October 2008, 13:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
i bought philips 5000k, for around 900 rs. It's the white light
Those are decent bulbs for city driving.

This thread is about HID Systems (High Intensity Discharge). Not regular bulbs.
Old 17th October 2008, 14:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hey guys, i have some great news for anyone on the lookout for HID's for their rides. Philips has slashed the prices of its HID kits recently. The Philips H4 Hi/Low HID Kit can now be had for 9.5k, yes its the same kit that used to sell for 20k until last month. Philips recently announced new pricing for their HID kitsand these are with official Philips B&W. In reply p4 which is another big player in the HID market has slashed prices of their kits as well. Now a P4 HID H4 Hi/Low kit can be had for 8.5k with B&Wcheers:

Cheers
Yes, the news is correct. I got H4 Xenon HID fitted on my SX4 - 6000K for 9800 Rs. The result is awesome and I have done quite a lot of highway driving and it is working like a song....
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Hi Prince
Could you let me know where could I get P4 HID kit as I got the same with B&W for 12 k from Final Touch - Juhu tara rd.

Thnks
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:14   #58
Team-BHP Support

Wow, thats good news. I presume the Single beam kit(H3) no high low should be even cheaper?
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Well a correction. I just checked out the prices of HID kits and the P4 kit (35w H4 Hi/Low) with thin digital ballasts cost 11.5k(B&W) is what i am told. Alternatively P4 also makes a more powerful 50w version of HID's and it costs 14k for a 50w H4 Hi/Low kit!

The price of 8.5k (35w H4 Hi/Low) which i mentioned sometime in August in one of my earlier posts in this thread was the cost for a set of P4 HID kit with now-discontinued thicker and bigger analogue ballasts! I am told that the new digital ballasts are superior than the analogue types in terms of reliability and performance.

Whereas Philips continue to sell at 9.5k for their 35w H4 Hi/Low kit! But i always wondered how was it possible for Philips to sell an HID kit for 9.5k which they used to sell for 20k some months back. On further research, i came to know that the earlier Philips kits costing 20k had thin digital ballasts and their present kit costing 9.5k come with older tech fatter analogue ballasts.

I have been using the P4 HID kit (50w H4 Hi/Low) with digital ballasts for almost 5 months now and am very happy with it!

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd December 2008 at 16:58.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
look at your laura headlights. you wont see a reflector but youll see a lens sort of thing. that is the projector.

the projector helps in focusing it onto the roads better. without the projectors the xenons might not focus properly and will blind the other traffic due to their birghtness. this depends from car to car as their reflector design in different.
for example in my innova the xenons focus just as well as normal bulbs and do not blind other traffic.

Hi Akshay,

I guess I dont understand, are you saying that innova has the reflector already in place?

I am still not very clear about what a refelctor is and how to spot if one already has it in the car? Does new Zen has reflector? Does nissan xtrail has reflector?

I got a set of HIDs with ballasts et all, not sure if I can go ahead and change it in one of my drives...

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks