Team-BHP - HID Xenon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   HID Xenon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30363-hid-xenon.html)

Attention To All Gurus & Others :D

Please help me as i need a HID Xenon setup in my friends esteem.please tell me the price and a good installer in delhi. the setup can be of 6000k or 8000k.i have asked two persons but the result was :-

first person -> "6000 mein sab ho jayega".(dont know what he is talking about)
second person ->"12000 mein sab ho jayega par koi garuntee nahin".

i am in great pain, somebody tells me it is of 8000, somebody tells me it's of 12000,25000,19000 etc :Frustrati

if there is a diffrence of 1000-2000 then we can accept but this is ......

please help me, i am waiting for your replys.......

HID kits sold in Delhi are mostly imported from Taiwan, HK etc.,
If you scout online you will find that a H4 kit costs around 160 USD. A more reputable site will sell kits for around 180 USD.
Translated to Rs(+ shipping) it comes to around 7000-9000rs as cost to dealer.
Now for 6000rs, that person will give you single mode Xenon, i.e. no high low beam, just a single setting.
Somebody who is demanding 12,000 is actually quoting the proper price. Maybe they will shell off around 1000rs.
but as they say no warranty. They import online, if it lasts good, if it does not then bad luck.
Recently I have seen some adverts from philips regarding HID, but they will cost atleast 18-20K, but you will get warranty and most probably they will last.

Bosch HIDs (motorised) are in the market for around 6.5K this is with 1yr warranty! And without warranty its around 5.5! But the prices keep fluctuating. Look around in Karol bagh lots of people are selling it.

one dumb question from my end -- can we have Xenons setup for an Indigo ( i own one and would love to do so on them)

aZa, what does motorised mean for HIDs? Does it refer to the starter?

Thanks
A

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpbhatt (Post 602738)
one dumb question from my end -- can we have Xenons setup for an Indigo ( i own one and would love to do so on them)

yes you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absar (Post 602741)

Thanks
A

i think he means its high and low beam.

Whats the best bet for a xenon stup on the swift; any recommendations?

i was planning to scoot around in Singapore for one.. is sourcing one locally(India) a better deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 602771)
Whats the best bet for a xenon stup on the swift; any recommendations?

i was planning to scoot around in Singapore for one.. is sourcing one locally(India) a better deal?

its about the same getting it in india. you probably wont get a warranty anywhere so its the same thing. try and get projectors for your swift and then put hids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absar (Post 602741)

Thanks
A

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 602759)
i think he means its high and low beam.

Wow! 6.5k for both high and low beam sounds good! I'm kind of tempted to put one on my Ikon.

Where do we get BOSCH HIDs in Madras?

Now, er..NOTORIOUS, sorry for hijacking your thread!

Thanks
cya
A

But aren't these soon going to be declared illegal?!

Yes? I guess it's considered illegal without Projectors! Looks like i'll have to drop this idea! If only the Projector market would improve in India or custom made Projectors available on request from a reputed dealer (or) person.

cya
A

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 602730)
Bosch HIDs (motorised) are in the market for around 6.5K this is with 1yr warranty! And without warranty its around 5.5! But the prices keep fluctuating. Look around in Karol bagh lots of people are selling it.

Thanx For Help sir ,any specific shop in karol bagh sir. will the BOSCH ones are comparable to philips 8000k or 6000k ones ?stupid:

There is a Motor which shifts the BULB front and back creating the double filament hi / low beam effect!

Color temperatures are same for philips and all!

Aza, that is a fantastic pic. (gives some wrong ideas too!):uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 603079)

There is a Motor which shifts the BULB front and back creating the double filament hi / low beam effect!

Color temperatures are same for philips and all!

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You lol: .please guide me to any shop also in karol bagh or pitampura etc.where i can get these hid's and projectors..