Team-BHP - Mumbai + Honda Accord Accident
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Mumbai + Honda Accord Accident (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30571-mumbai-honda-accord-accident.html)

Hey people in a hurry but this is it in a nutshell

new 8000 km accord :: a goood friend's had an accident

my Maruti authorised service center friend estimated damage at 185 000 rs
Ichiban honda 465 000 rs !!

will find out how much insurance will pay tomorrow 180 000 just for the airbags 95000 rs on labour is in the estimate

he doenst want to void his warranty but this is my query >

can anyone help me with the best most honest honda repair people in MUMBAI ??

heard horror stories about workshops of maruti etc etc even SKODA !!

disgusting stuff but can anyone give me good advise please??

highly appreciate it
thanks & take care

cy

ps
the accord went into the rear of a NHC the city had no trunk left but the accord only had minor body damage and of course the SRS worked
but the cars running fine gearbox brakes ac and all
!!

I guess Airbag Claims are paid in full...So 100% claim from Insurance. Getting it done from outside might not prove the best action in terms of safety and assurance...I'm sure your friend would like the device to work in the future if any untoward incident arises.

Then about the Body Damage, that could be done from outside, along with claim made to the insurance, which is 50 % on Plastics, 30 % or so along with Depriciated value for Metal and 100 % on Labour including Paint and body works.

Hey there, Im with wolfinstein on tht one. Doing repairs on saftey features from outside is not advisable. As for the body work you can get that done from the outside as it wil be much cheaper. Its usually company policy of all automobile companies to replace parts rather than repair them which is what leads to the extra cost. My NHC got damaged, which was quite average you would say, over the rear right fender when one of those gas cylinder guys on a cycle banged into my parked car. Honda gave me an estimate of 55k saying they would replace the parts. Since it was only body damage, Got it done for 5k form a garage in coloba. Did a DARN good job i must say!!! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein (Post 608349)
I guess Airbag Claims are paid in full...So 100% claim from Insurance.

Only 50% is paid for all rubber nylon/ plastic parts, tyres and tubes, batteries and air bags.

Linkway Honda is good for body work, especially when they repair at their sister concern : Auto Hangar, Andheri.

8000 km old Accord. Don't take a chance with other workshop. Fixing airbags and all are not very simple jobs. Suggesting the same as GTO.

Besides, do not tarnish service/repair records. There will be question during selling this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 608660)
8000 km old Accord. Don't take a chance with other workshop. Fixing airbags and all are not very simple jobs. Suggesting the same as GTO.

Besides, do not tarnish service/repair records. There will be question during selling this car.

hey all you guys thanks alot

especially rudra & GTO

will tale it to linkway honda perhaps...got an interesting PM too will follow that up too

cheers guys thanks a ton

I'm sure I heard that Airbags are paid in Full 100 % including Labour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein (Post 608717)

not sure yet man still awaiting a quote
will let you know mate
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein (Post 608717)

No only 50% of the Airbags cost will taken care off by the Insurance co.