Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 01:34   #16
BHPian

A person from jc road autoparts shop told me that shell spirax G-90 for 180/litre. thats sums up around 450 for an oil change for sx4. showroom guys use servo oil for gearbox and it costs about 850. I am totally confused . Anyway I am going to pick if it is shell spirax fully synthetic. I am not going for synthetic blindly, I am really impressed with mobil synth s oil with which I am riding for the last 9k kms. super smooth engine and great pick up without any strain from engine. I really love that feel from engine. I think its worth every penny. I never got this feel while I was riding with the old semi synthetic oil which maruti put on the first service.
Old 1st October 2009, 07:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not going for synthetic blindly, I am really impressed with mobil synth s oil with which I am riding for the last 9k kms. super smooth engine and great pick up without any strain from engine. I really love that feel from engine. I think its worth every penny. I never got this feel while I was riding with the old semi synthetic oil which maruti put on the first service.
We're talking about synthetic gearbox oil here, and not synthetic engine oil. As I mentioned in my previous post, in terms of experience, synthetic engine oil has a significantly noticeable positive side to it when compared to switching over to synthetic gearbox oil.
Old 14th April 2010, 17:57   #18
BHPian

I want to try out the OWS gear-oil additive for my baleno..

Of late I have been facing problem with the gearbox, I find it hard to operate and it makes a lot of noise during gear shifts..

When does this happen?
Driving in city after a highway run, on the highway I maintain the revs between 4000-5000 rpm in 4th gear, typical drive last for 2-3 hours.. The clutch shudders a lot during that time..

In normal city driving I don't notice any of these problems..
Old 6th May 2010, 12:05   #19
BHPian

The GM A . S. S have told me that the gearbox of Optra comes prefilled with synthetic gear oil which lasts for the lifetime of the vehicle . Is such a thing possible ?
Old 6th May 2010, 12:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
The GM A . S. S have told me that the gearbox of Optra comes prefilled with synthetic gear oil which lasts for the lifetime of the vehicle . Is such a thing possible ?
Not a lifetime but they should be good for 80k ~ 100k kms.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:28   #21
BHPian

Re: Synthetic Gear Oil

It's gear-oil-change-time in my Octy. The gear oil specified for Octy is 75W-90. However the only gear oil from Shell that I am able to get my hands on is 75W-85. Can someone please advise what would be the difference between the two grades and whether I can go in for 75W-85 for my Skoda?
Old 19th June 2013, 11:30   #22
BHPian

Gentlemen,
Digging up an old thread. Sorry if there is a better thread to ask my question. I have to change gear oil in my Tata Indigo (Petrol/MPFI) car. May I pour Mobil Delvac Synthetic (75W-90) gear oil into it? Presently I am using Castrol (EP-80) oil, as is recommended by the car manufacturer.
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Old 15th September 2014, 00:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

I just can't find fully synthetic gear oil here. Any leads would be appreciated.
Old 15th September 2014, 10:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I just can't find fully synthetic gear oil here. Any leads would be appreciated.
The only fully synthetic gear oil that I've "heard of" was from Schaeffer, but I've no idea where to buy it from, or even where to search for it. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th September 2014, 10:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

I did find Xado, a Ukranian brand but its bloody expensive!

http://xado.co.in/product_details.php?product_id=56

Also found Petronas which is much more reasonable but don't know about the shipping from this site.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oils-fluid...75w-85-1l.html
Old 17th September 2014, 11:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I did find Xado, a Ukranian brand but its bloody expensive!

http://xado.co.in/product_details.php?product_id=56

Also found Petronas which is much more reasonable but don't know about the shipping from this site.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oils-fluid...75w-85-1l.html
99 RPM is a reliable Indian site. I guess a few BHPians including myself have bought oils from here already.
Old 17th September 2014, 17:46   #27
BHPian

I can vouch for www.99rpm.com .Though I haven't bought anything from it but it's founder is my friend and he is a great guy(we worked together before he left to do 99rpm full time). Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 17th September 2014, 23:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
99 RPM is a reliable Indian site. I guess a few BHPians including myself have bought oils from here already.
Thanks. Can you tell me about their shipping methods? I added the oil to cart but there were no options or charge for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
I can vouch for www.99rpm.com .Though I haven't bought anything from it but it's founder is my friend and he is a great guy(we worked together before he left to do 99rpm full time). Let me know if I can be of any help.
I guess you could inform him that they could carry more grades of oil and keep the site more updated . The engine oils seem to be Tata and Fiat specific.
Old 18th September 2014, 04:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Tutela Technyx 75W-80 is the only GL4+ Fully Synthetic Gearbox oil available in India. All the rest are GL5 which are bad for gearboxes with synchro rings. The only other GL4+ Full Synth oil I know of is the Redline MT

I'm using Tutela Technyx in my car and its a marked improvement over whatever was there before

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 18th September 2014 at 04:15.
Old 18th September 2014, 10:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can you tell me about their shipping methods? I added the oil to cart but there were no options or charge for it.

I guess you could inform him that they could carry more grades of oil and keep the site more updated . The engine oils seem to be Tata and Fiat specific.
There are no extra charges for shipping as far as whatever I have bought from them so far. i.e. price includes shipping cost.

Further, it is actually a site specific to Fiats in terms of spares and consumables, but products such as oils are common throughout, as long as you know and stick to the specification you need. So we, non-fiat users can also buy from here at their reasonable rates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks