Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 17:14   #1

Airlock Problem

Hi

I have purchased new Indica TC DLG model. From beginning onwards I faced problem with starting my car if I staying idle for more than 5 hrs. I contact my dealer and informed to this. They did something..!!!. Now I solved little bit earlier problem. But if I stay a day idle in cooling environment/ rainy, again I faced airlock problem. So I manuly pumped and getting started. Is this problem with all India TC cars or only my car, I dont know?. If anybody faced same issue, lets share to everybody.
Old 30th October 2007, 22:15   #2
BHPian

Not heard of this as a common issue, there is some leak somewhere from where AIR is coming in the line.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2007 at 22:46. Reason: thread moved.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

There certainly is a air leak in the fuel supply line or else this wouldn't have happened. Whe you pump manually then you slowly remove the air from the lines and the vehicle starts.

Please check if the 'O' rings of diesel filter unit are properlu seated and tightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemshivakumar View Post
Hi

I have purchased new Indica TC DLG model. From beginning onwards I faced problem with starting my car if I staying idle for more than 5 hrs. I contact my dealer and informed to this. They did something..!!!. Now I solved little bit earlier problem. But if I stay a day idle in cooling environment/ rainy, again I faced airlock problem. So I manuly pumped and getting started. Is this problem with all India TC cars or only my car, I dont know?. If anybody faced same issue, lets share to everybody.
Old 31st October 2007, 16:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

It should not happen unless you run out of fuel or there is a leak in the lines. Certainly not in a new car. Get the O-Ring checked.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:18   #5
BHPian

If its a new car, it should be under warranty! Insist to the service people to have this rectified. Shouldn't be happening. It's not a common issue.

Leakage in the air lines seems to be a possible reason.

cya
A
Old 31st October 2007, 20:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Somethings wrong with ur FIP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks