Team-BHP - Calling all you Swift Diesel users out there!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Calling all you Swift Diesel users out there!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/30736-calling-all-you-swift-diesel-users-out-there.html)

hi guys i am Rijo from kerala. Recently my dad brought me a brand new Swift Diesel VDI version and that too a Black beauty.

Till now i have done approx 3500km on the road. I am writing this to you guys to know about the mileage part. I am right now getting a mileage of around 15-16 kmpl in city driving conditions with AC on at level 2.

What I mean by city driving conditions is that, its not like the big cities like Banglore or Mumbai or Chennai. The traffic is pretty moving out here. But i need to mention it has got a very big share of potholes for that matter.

I think the mileage I am getting for my car is a bit low than what i would have expected at this stage,sumwhere around 17 kmpl is what i hoped for. i have completed my first service only.

I would like the advice of the esteemed technical gurus out here in this forum as to how i should drive my car to get the best possible mileage out of the vehicle.

-->What should be the ideal gear changing ratios?

-->Should i maintain the very often mentioned 2000rpm on each of the gears or is that applicable to only the fifth gear?

-->Is the fuel being used an important criterion in deciding the mileage? I use the IBP petrol pump's fuel right now.

-->Is the road conditons i mentioned i drive in regularly in any way decreasing my mileage?

-->Will the car's mileage increase after the forthcoming services?

Other highly valuable suggestions on how to drive the car to get the maximum out of the car in terms of Fuel Efficiency would be highly appreciated.

And one more thing is that i havent changed the tires of my car.Also no performance modd devices are attached

Cummon guyss i really hope you woudnt dissappoint me.....
please:

Quote:

hi guys i am Rijo from kerala. Recently my dad brought me a brand new Swift Diesel VDI version and that too a Black beauty.
Congrats rito. Good choice.

Quote:

I think the mileage I am getting for my car is a bit low than what i would have expected at this stage,sumwhere around 17 kmpl is what i hoped for. i have completed my first service only.
How are you measuring the mileage ? Do you go by the fuel indicator or do a tankfull to tankfull method ?

17+ with ac in the city is acceptable for a car that has done 3.5k kms.

-
Quote:

->What should be the ideal gear changing ratios?
For maximum mileage, you should shift between 1600 to 2000 ROM approx
Quote:

-->Should i maintain the very often mentioned 2000rpm on each of the gears or is that applicable to only the fifth gear?
Ideally, you should change before 2k. But you will not be able to enjoy the turbo band but would get the max mileage.

Quote:

-->Is the fuel being used an important criterion in deciding the mileage? I use the IBP petrol pump's fuel right now.
It is damn imporatant. Not only the company, the bunk matters too. Try out a couple before you find the one that suits you the best

Quote:

-->Is the road conditons i mentioned i drive in regularly in any way decreasing my mileage?
If the road you travel does not allow you to shift to higher gears ( 4 / 5 ), then the mileage will be lower.

Quote:

Will get better by at least 1 kmpl

Quote:

Other highly valuable suggestions on how to drive the car to get the maximum out of the car in terms of Fuel Efficiency would be highly appreciated.
See this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...fficiency.html

All the best mate and enjoy the drive :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rijo_tj (Post 612345)
-->What should be the ideal gear changing ratios?

2500 to 3500 rpm, depends on normal or slightly spirited shifts

2000 rpm and engine will just struggle, dont baby the engine too much during run in

yes, smooth roads and 60 kmph you will see good mileage, not in a city like cochin

1 km increase after 5k kms for me

smooth acceleration and deceleration, proper use of gears

And one more thing is that i havent changed the tires of my car.Also no performance modd devices are attached

bad for handling

Cummon guyss i really hope you woudnt dissappoint me.....
please:

Hope you are not dissapointed

You have posted it here too?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post611707

Best to read this thread for tips on improving your fuel efficiency.

Thread closed.