Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 17:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
my solution lies in getting a eye test.

But I don't think you are to blame also.

I have had this feeling with the WagonR also. Thought something was wrong with the suspension. Later realised that, since the height is more and suspension is soft, any road inclinations (banking) are felt more in these tall-boy designs.
Old 5th November 2007, 15:50   #17
BHPian

Dude, get it checked. Its not normal for a car to lean. The suspension is meant to return to normal when the load is taken off
Old 29th May 2013, 15:02   #18

Jeep leaning towards driver side

Hi,

My jeep(CJ500) has a lean towards the driver side. It gets corrected when I stand on the passenger side, but my jeep starts leaning again while driving. This is more evident on flat surface roads. I got the leaf springs reset and tried swapping the left and right rear sets so that any weak set would balance out. But the lean is still present. Is it time to switch to new sets ? Should the driver side be compensated with any additional lift ?

Thanking You
Satish
Old 29th May 2013, 21:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

If the lean persists even after swapping the leaf springs, then maybe the problem is with your shocks. Swap them too and see.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is it normal for a car to lean on one side?

You have checked the "horizontal-ness" by using a spirit level, right?
We have cases on this thread itself where the eye tricked the brain ...
Old 5th June 2013, 09:36   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep leaning towards driver side

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.rpr View Post
Hi,

My jeep(CJ500) has a lean towards the driver side. It gets corrected when I stand on the passenger side, but my jeep starts leaning again while driving. This is more evident on flat surface roads. I got the leaf springs reset and tried swapping the left and right rear sets so that any weak set would balance out. But the lean is still present. Is it time to switch to new sets ? Should the driver side be compensated with any additional lift ?

Thanking You
Satish
Please check the body bushes.
Old 30th July 2014, 00:36   #22
BHPian

My santro leans to the right. It is pretty significant I feel. Noticed right after I got the tyres replaced and wheels realigned n balanced. will measure the height in either side and post. Will also use the spirit level test too. I've gotten the tyre pressure checked a few days ago. It was leaning than too.
Old 19th May 2016, 13:34   #23

All New Honda City suspension problem

Hello BHPians,

THANK YOU ALL for making me a part of this Auto mobile community.

This is my first post. It is regarding couple of problems faced by me in my ANHC 2014 i-Dtec VXMT. It has covered 30K Km, two years, all periodic services and been through a PUD recall and replaced the fuel system including fuel pump.

The First problem I am facing is with the suspension and the right side suspensions, both back and the front appears to be lower and the height of the wheel arch from ground is less by more than half inch than the left side.

I have checked it with the service centre and they said the suspension is all right with no leaks of any kind and the shift is due to the heavy diesel engine positioned on the right side. Other diesel models also have it. But the i-Vtec models are perfectly balanced.

When I drive the car I feel that the right side is lower and the body is more diving to the right side when I take turns and the rough roads. Also the right side of the under body is more scraped than the left side. I noticed this recently only.

I wonder how come a Honda car is not balanced in weight distribution and the service guys have not been able to identify the problem.

Second problem is a small oil residue continuously appearing at the joint between engine head and the engine block and appears to be increasing with time. First appeared at the 10000 Km service and since then the leak is increasing.

Again the Service guys say it is normal in diesel variants.

Please advice guys. I am about to leave for a LEH trip with my car soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2016 at 21:19. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 19th May 2016, 16:49   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All New Honda City suspension problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balz of Fire View Post
Hello BHPians,

THANK YOU ALL for making me a part of this Auto mobile community.
Youre welcome!

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

The First problem I am facing is with the suspension and the right side suspensions, both back and the front appears to be lower and the height of the wheel arch from ground is less by more than half inch than the left side.

Thats a lot, and definitely something that needs to be looked into.

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

I have checked it with the service centre and they said the suspension is all right with no leaks of any kind and the shift is due to the heavy diesel engine positioned on the right side. Other diesel models also have it. But the i-Vtec models are perfectly balanced.
Please ask them where they buy whatever they're smoking. It sounds potent.

I would suggest writing to Honda, and connecting on facebook to have them send across a mechanic/technician rather than the tantric babas who seem to have taken a look at your car so far.

Additionally, you could have a local mech take a look at the suspension, so that you can guide the babas in the general direction of the problem.
mayankk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 20:28   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Please ask them where they buy whatever they're smoking. It sounds potent.

I would suggest writing to Honda, and connecting on facebook to have them send across a mechanic/technician rather than the tantric babas who seem to have taken a look at your car so far.

Additionally, you could have a local mech take a look at the suspension, so that you can guide the babas in the general direction of the problem.
Absolutely.

My iDTEC V crossed 50000km today and I can assure you that the suspension is perfectly balanced and the car does not sag towards right or left side at all. Something is definitely wrong with your car's suspension. Most likely a shot damper.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 20:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously off-topic, but couldn't resist.

This deserves to be here :

Quirky logic and funny comments from non-petrol head friends

Last edited by biggrin : 19th May 2016 at 20:44. Reason: Correcting link
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

When I drive the car I feel that the right side is lower and the body is more diving to the right side when I take turns and the rough roads. Also the right side of the under body is more scraped than the left side. I noticed this recently only.

I wonder how come a Honda car is not balanced in weight distribution and the service guys have not been able to identify the problem.

Second problem is a small oil residue continuously appearing at the joint between engine head and the engine block and appears to be increasing with time. First appeared at the 10000 Km service and since then the leak is increasing.

Please advice guys. I am about to leave for a LEH trip with my car soon.
I think you should get your tyres checked along with the rims. But that is one peculiar problem to have. Update in the thread if you find a problem and a solution for it.
Old 20th May 2016, 10:31   #28

Thanks alot guys for the suggestions. But I have personally measured the other cars at their service center and the i-dtec models do show some difference between left and right wheel arch height while i-vtec stays balanced .

I am currently in contact with the service guys. I will say they are very co operative and assured full support. The investigation is on and I will update you guys about the developments ASAP.
Old 21st May 2016, 19:10   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot guys for the suggestions. But I have personally measured the other cars at their service center and the i-dtec models do show some difference between left and right wheel arch height while i-vtec stays balanced .

I am currently in contact with the service guys. I will say they are very co operative and assured full support. The investigation is on and I will update you guys about the developments ASAP.
This is very strange. Are you saying that these diesel Hondas are coming out of the factory lopsided??
That's extremely Maruta if it's happening out of production.
On the other hand, if this happening on all diesel citys after some period, it's still not confidence inspiring. You had better get some pictures of these other cars as well and put up a new thread.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st May 2016 at 19:22.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 00:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have personally measured the other cars at their service center and the i-dtec models do show some difference between left and right wheel arch height while i-vtec stays balanced.
That's quite normal to have posture difference between LH & RH. Reason being mass is not uniformly distributed between LH & RH and across all variants. OEs chose the best possible suspension spec to suite all the variants (mostly) with minimal difference in overall vehicle performance and dimension (here it the vehicle posture / height) Some OEs allow as much as 20mm posture difference between either sides (+/- 10mm on either side as tolerance from the design spec)

Saying all these, in unladen condition vehicle leaning on left side should be the considered to be normal (adding driver mass will compensate the posture difference) Do you observe similar trend on all the vehicles that you measured? (RH height is less than LH?)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks