Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 06:57   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Unfortunately my house was robbed while i was away and I have lost some major electronics and stuff (1.5 lacs). So right now concentrating on getting police to do their job, have lost all hope though of recovering stuff with our useless police

my time seems to be bad - must get car sorted out asap atleast!!

will keep you guys posted on the air intake

-j
So sorry to hear it man! OMG! What a reality check when coming back from vacation! Wish you all the best & hope those @#&^%* will be caught & you will get all your stuff back!

Last edited by 1self : 13th November 2007 at 06:58.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:16   #47
BHPian

Real sorry to hear about your house Jassi. How unfortunate!
Old 20th November 2007, 13:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
will keep you guys posted on the air intake
any updates on the air intake??
Old 20th November 2007, 15:20   #49
BHPian

oops sorry guys haven't been able to update as was busy trying to sort out the robbery at my place - I did make sometime to goto the hyundai service center and it is infact the MAP sensor air intake.

I then went to the K&N dealer car shringar and they took 2 hours to find a pipe which can be used to connect this map inlet to the K&N CAI for filtered air. The guy who fixed was shouted at real bad by the owner and he said he thought it was PCV outlet. But when he put his hand there and it almost got sucked inside, he agreed it was maf intake.

I will post a pic soon on how the install was done!!
Old 20th November 2007, 23:56   #50
BHPian

Alls well with what ends well! Any updates on the theives btw?
Old 21st November 2007, 09:39   #51
BHPian

ya the CAI thing was a huge tension as I was constantly feeling I am wrecking my car by driving it like that!!
nothing so far on thieves cos bangy police sucks - i am tracking that here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hts-shine.html
i think this link is in my signature too
Old 21st November 2007, 10:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Would installing a K&N CAI, void the warranty of your car?
Old 21st November 2007, 10:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Would installing a K&N CAI, void the warranty of your car?
Technically any simple aftermarket mod voids warranty such as Headlamp upgrade, stereo etc.

Its upto us to come to an understanding with the dealer to honour warranty in genuine cases.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:44   #54
BHPian

Generally the dealers do not create a problem but that again is dealer specific.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:05   #55
BHPian

Guys - just to ensure the thread is updated - I am attaching a pic here which indicates how the map sensor inlet pipe was connected

K&N Cold air induction system RC-5052AB-p140808_16.42.jpg

Update is the car is performing great - more so with the new headers from shabbir which cannot be seen though in pics as it is covered !!

The only problem i have is the cold air intake pipe (which takes air from front grill) is rubbing against the wire going on top of it and slowly cracking up, also on the side the engine oil stick is rubbing it and causing some cracks I am not sure how I can adjust this or maybe I should keep changing the air intake pipe every 1 yr or so??

Also update on house robbery - the stuff was recovered after few months by police and they didnt ask for any bribe - offtopic to this thread and detailed here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hlight=robbery
Old 17th August 2008, 21:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

alls well that ends well, thx for posting the pic
Old 27th September 2008, 15:51   #57
BHPian

guys - I felt that I need to get my universal air filter cleaned. Since I don't have the cleaner kit
(99-5000 - K&N Filter Cleaning Kits and Accessories, Filter Care Service Kit Aerosol),
I decided to goto car shringar (authorised K&N dealer), who installed my filter for cleaning. The guy there said "I can't do it on weekends, please come on monday" and the more troubling part was that it will take 24 hrs for the job, so I will either need to leave my car with them or use my old filter
I was not sure if it takes that long, so checked the instructions and it says nothing about taking 24hrs.
http://www.kandn.com/instructions/18627A_inst.pdf

Can someone here tell me, how long it takes to do this. If this guy is fibbing with me, i can take my car to my hyundai service station (trident) as they are authorised K&N dealers too. The only reason why I didn't approach them was, as I am not sure if they sell and know how to clean K&N universal filters. I think they just sell replacement K&Ns filters.
Any one else who can do it in kormangla and in less than 24 hrs or should I get a kit and do it myself

Last edited by jassi : 27th September 2008 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks