Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 21:45   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
BUSA > Are you looking for some excuse to book the Getz-D , brother?
Whoa --- the totally stripped car doesn't look like an excuse does it ? I just hope that it gets fixed.

BUSA: It might not help but do send your feedback to MSIL.
Old 6th February 2008, 09:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
BUSA > Are you looking for some excuse to book the Getz-D , brother?
The Getz Diesel is something i want badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Whoa --- the totally stripped car doesn't look like an excuse does it ? I just hope that it gets fixed.

BUSA: It might not help but do send your feedback to MSIL.
Eddy, rrnsss meant to say the frequent gearbox problems as excuse, not the stripped car.

This is not the first time but third time the car has gone for warranty issues, first time oil seal, then 2nd gear problem and now 1st, have send feedback, they called and apologised for the inconvenience, but i appreciate them for being so straghtforward and having a good approach, that i am not complaining, if i buy a Hyundai i am pretty sure i wont get even close to MSIL type of After Sales Service. Ah, the peace of mind with a Maruti.
Old 6th February 2008, 09:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Oh looks like MUL mechanics need time to fix the problem, i wish speedy recovery and hopefully they will resolve once for all

I suggest instead of Getz CRDi wait for pailo D which might be VFM, or once Palio d is launched lets wait and see if price of Getz CRDi come down and then make a call.

All the best!

Ravi.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest instead of Getz CRDi wait for pailo D which might be VFM, or once Palio d is launched lets wait and see if price of Getz CRDi come down and then make a call.
Arre Swift is superior then Palio, if i have to buy a diesel after the Swift, it will be a Getz CRDi.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back yesterday, they changed 1st and 2nd gear. Last time when installing the gears back, they broke 4th gear, so i have 1st, 2nd and 4th gears as new.

Also got the car serviced, will put a report in the respective thread.
Old 10th February 2008, 07:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Also got the car serviced, will put a report in the respective thread.
Can you guide me to this respective thread please, man.

Hope you decarb ed your engine?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-engine-6.html
[
quote=BUSA;716514]Is decarb required for diesel engines? If yes, then at what kms, and normal diesel flush to be used right? I am using synthetic oil.[/quote]

Do diesels require valve adjustment i wonder? Flushed [OWS 210 ?] and changed oil ? And Oil Filter?

Last edited by cyneverdie : 10th February 2008 at 07:13.
Old 10th February 2008, 12:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Can you guide me to this respective thread please, man.
Here you go.

Old 26th April 2009, 08:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Now the car refuses to slot into first gear. Same problem as before but with 1st gear. The dealer checked and has told me its a problem with 1st gear synchro, apparently others are also facing similar issues. The batch to which my Swift belongs has defective gear synchros.

He has ordered the part and it will take 2 days for it to come. Damn MSIL and their cost cutting.
Which batch your car belongs too (i.e manufacturing year)?

I have problem with clutch for the past 20,000 kms, since Iam used to it, never felt like replacing the clutch set. Eventually shifting gears has become much tighter esp. have to fight for slotting the first gear. Read in our forum that worn out clutch plate could end up damaging the gear box, which has prompted me to replace with new clutch plate which costs me around 3.5k.

Even after the clutch set replacement, slotting of gear is very difficult and was suggested to replace the gear lever cable (costing around Rs.3k).

Now with you mentioning about synchronization issues, Iam confused whether its a gear lever cable or its a synchronization issue. Any pointers to some simple check or making it as two steps, makes sense (i.e first replace the gear lever cable and see whether the problems gets resolved else next step). Please help
Old 26th April 2009, 12:13   #84
Team-BHP Support

Surprise: BUSA hasn't been active on the forum for quite some time.

Btw, is yous a petrol ?
Old 26th April 2009, 14:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Eddy mine's is a petrol car (05).

Busa: Why there are no posts from you since Sep'08, though your last visit shows as 25th April 09.

Last edited by Surprise : 26th April 2009 at 14:08.
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I have problem with clutch for the past 20,000 kms, since Iam used to it, never felt like replacing the clutch set. Eventually shifting gears has become much tighter esp. have to fight for slotting the first gear. Read in our forum that worn out clutch plate could end up damaging the gear box, which has prompted me to replace with new clutch plate which costs me around 3.5k.

Even after the clutch set replacement, slotting of gear is very difficult and was suggested to replace the gear lever cable (costing around Rs.3k).
Even replaced the gear cable, but there are no improvements in movements of gears while shifting. I was not happy with its movement while taking delivery, but I was convinced that it will get smooth upon running few days/kms. The problems is getting worse...Any pointers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks