Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 10:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

This is what is mentioned on their website, from the looks of it, it seems like a cleaner only and not a booster to the fuel.

Quote:
Benefits :

Cleans Fuel Injectors and carburetors of dirt, gum and varnish deposits without taking them apart.

Cleans intake manifolds and intake valves and restores proper compression.

Eliminates rough idling, hesitation, stalling, hard starting, lean surging and poor throttle response caused by deposits in the fuel system.

Restores engine performance and lost engine power.

Increases fuel efficiency by keeping the fuel system, including the combustion chambers clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghaviyengar View Post
Since we are discussing additives, i thought i would ask a question about System G. I have a ford ikon and i was recommended i use System G by BP. I do see some improvement in the performance of the engine but i am really not sure what i does and how it does it . Can anybody clarify this for me please?? thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2007, 13:52   #17
BHPian

Hi, I once allowed myself to be persuaded by a BP pump attendant into buying a bottle of System-G. And like others it did seem to make a difference to me. However, at the next refill when I asked the attendant (a different person) to add System-G, he told me that BP does not recommend using System-G with Speed97 !?!

I used to be a believer in Motor-Up, that is until I read that they'd been sued by the FTC for false advertising. In my defense however it has to be said that the late-night infomercials made it impossible to not buy this product. I remember one particular test for a product called X1R (I think) in which the car is put on a lift, & the oil pan removed - with the engine running !?! You could see the crankshaft spinning ! But that wasn't all, they then proceeded to hose the spinning crankshaft with water, & the engine kept on running ! After a demonstration like that, wouldn't one be desperate to lavish their own car with such a miraculous product ?

As an aside, I had a school friend who owned a 5-series E28, I think it was a 1983 or 1984 model. He decided to try an experiment to see how long the engine would run without oil (he was junking the car, so didn't matter). He started the engine, drained all the oil, left the engine idling, & went inside to watch TV ! He told me that he was dumbfounded to find the car still idling - after an hour & 20 minutes !?! I guess we still apply old rules to modern engines when it comes to lubrication & cooling, not realizing that modern engines are inherently pretty resilient.

P.S. - To those who are wondering, he finally managed to kill the engine by draining the radiator !
Old 13th November 2007, 14:30   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi, I once allowed myself to be persuaded by a BP pump attendant into buying a bottle of System-G. And like others it did seem to make a difference to me. However, at the next refill when I asked the attendant (a different person) to add System-G, he told me that BP does not recommend using System-G with Speed97 !?!
Speed 97 already has cleaning stuff in it and hence no need to add system g over it.
Old 13th November 2007, 17:47   #19

Thanks dadu.. if it is only a cleaner, it will not hurt the performance of the engine like the power boosters do. In that case i presume i can continue to use it. Thanks again..
Old 14th November 2007, 00:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
As an aside, I had a school friend who owned a 5-series E28, I think it was a 1983 or 1984 model. He decided to try an experiment to see how long the engine would run without oil (he was junking the car, so didn't matter). He started the engine, drained all the oil, left the engine idling, & went inside to watch TV ! He told me that he was dumbfounded to find the car still idling - after an hour & 20 minutes !?! I guess we still apply old rules to modern engines when it comes to lubrication & cooling, not realizing that modern engines are inherently pretty resilient.

P.S. - To those who are wondering, he finally managed to kill the engine by draining the radiator !
AN HOUR WITH THE OIL DRAINED!!?
Probably that's because the engine wasn't loaded! Still, it's shocking! We all know what happens if there's no oil, don't we?

And as far as the video goes - Aren't octane boosters completely different from other additives? Oct. boosters arn't supposed to boost power!
Old 14th November 2007, 01:01   #21
BHPian

Was reading through the fiesta manual yesterday recommended fuel is 91 octane with system G.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:24   #22
BHPian

how is this SYSTEM D product? any reviews? i need to know before i use it in my 2002 nissan sunny 2.2diesel
Old 5th January 2008, 04:31   #23
BHPian

OWS 360 : gas & diesel treatment

killer stuff
Old 8th January 2008, 13:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghaviyengar View Post
Since we are discussing additives, i thought i would ask a question about System G. I have a ford ikon and i was recommended i use System G by BP. I do see some improvement in the performance of the engine but i am really not sure what i does and how it does it . Can anybody clarify this for me please?? thanks in advance.
I have been using System G on my Esteem MPFI for almost a year now and the only real helpful thing I have found by its usage is the smooth idling when compared to using regular petrol. So I guess it does keeps the injectors relatively cleaner.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:09   #25
BHPian

any consequences of putting in extra system G

The instructions on the bottle said that I must put in 1ml of system G to every liter, dope head that i am i put in exactly the double, Will this have any effect on my car?
Old 5th September 2015, 08:09   #26
BHPian

Re: Fuel additives and octane boosters....do they really work?

Just happened to see the Page 1 video link when one user referred this link in another thread. The test cycle shown here seems to measure the power with the additive actively dosed in the fuel. I think the manufacturers should have claimed these figures based on tests post one or two tankful usages and not when the chemical is run in-situ. What ever said, its an error though.

Most Viewed