Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 15:12   #31
BHPian

Of late the engine light on the OHC vtec comes ON. turn off and start it disappears, again drive for 200 mts then the light comes ON... Now restart the engine... it disappears. This is been happening.. So I think now its my turn to worry about the O2 sensor..

Anyhow, I have couple of friends visiting in Thailand now, and I myself plan to go Malaysia, but I really need to know what to ask for.. from this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...en-sensor.html) I could pickup that D15B is the engine spec. anything else I need to specify??

How about bangalore aftermarket spares?? how many have tried it and how is it?
Old 12th March 2008, 17:56   #32
BHPian

Hi,

I've been facing a similar kind of issue. When I do a cold start,after sometime I ocassionaly feel the engine jerking a bit, after sometime the revvs automaticaly rise for a second and the jerking goes but the yellow light comes on!

95% of the times I don't get the jerking but the light does come on after sometime.

In both the cases if I switch off the engine and restart the light never comes back on.

Any clues as to what could be the proble. Cuz if it were the o2 sensor the yellow light would have comeback on!

Cheers
Shrey
Old 12th March 2008, 19:41   #33
Team-BHP Support

SSJ

I had the same problem that too after a service. It is most probably loose wires on the sensors. Check the connections and it should be okay.
Old 13th March 2008, 09:07   #34
BHPian

this happens only in cold start.. the engine light doesnot shutoff.. and after restarting ... driving for 200 mts it comes back again..

only when the engine is heated the engine light goes off ...
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
this happens only in cold start.. the engine light doesnot shutoff.. and after restarting ... driving for 200 mts it comes back again..

only when the engine is heated the engine light goes off ...
hi
check for the iacv you dont need scan tool u can do it your self there are two wire u can self diagnose the engine
Old 24th March 2008, 13:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armotosport View Post
hi
check for the iacv you dont need scan tool u can do it your self there are two wire u can self diagnose the engine
Thanks armotosport, but what is iacv, where are the 2 wires located, what is the procedure??

Iam not understanding how to do this.. pls guide me
Old 24th March 2008, 16:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
Thanks armotosport, but what is iacv, where are the 2 wires located, what is the procedure??

Iam not understanding how to do this.. pls guide me
IACV is the idle air control valve- which regulates idle by allowing air to bypass the throttle plate when throttle is closed. It is located right behind the intake manifold- on the TB. Get access to it somehow, and try dismantling and cleaning it with TB cleaner or something- its a long shot but might help.

@armotosport- couldn't understand the bit about self diagnosis and two wires... Can you please elaborate??

Last edited by doomsday : 24th March 2008 at 16:04.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

one more reason for engnie check light on the OHC. I got scared when i took delivery of my vehichle after "honda service". I had asked them to fix the speedo malfunction and check the rear suspension. (my speedo doesn't like low speeds ). they had asked me to replace it and i asked them to wait before they can order the new part.
so just i was driving, the warning light came on. I hard warned the service engineer of the 'turbo' and related electricals and he had promised me not to touch anything other than i have mentioned he can.
i thought it might be a loose emanage connection. reconnected all the emanage connections and reset the battery. the light used to switch on after 5 mins of driving. if i switch off, the light will be off and i can keep the car idle for any length of time without any problems.
So took the car to honda service today and tracked the guy who had 'analysed' the speedo problem earlier. We went for a drive and he stopped the vehichle to check the speedo cable. he reconnected it and we went for a boosted test ride and the car it is OK now. Well enough of 'excitement' for three days...
now i am in search of "absolut"?
so loose speedo cable can be a problem??
Old 16th June 2008, 19:06   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had asked them to fix the speedo malfunction and check the rear suspension. (my speedo doesn't like low speeds ). they had asked me to replace it and i asked them to wait before they can order the new part.
Is this a case of the speedo needle shaking inconsistently at lower speeds, say less than 30 kph? If so, my Vtec as the same problem.
Old 16th June 2008, 19:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday
Can you please elaborate??
I think he means shorting the jumpers in the fusebox in the engine bay. The same technique is used in almost all cars today for simple troubleshooting.

LCD displays show sensor codes (00001, 00010 etc), whereas analogue speedos respond with engine check light & blinks...
Old 16th June 2008, 19:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is this a case of the speedo needle shaking inconsistently at lower speeds, say less than 30 kph? If so, my Vtec as the same problem.
Same here. So is it an issue with all Vtecs?

What is the exact purpose of O2 sensor. I mean if it goes bust, then why should I replace it?
Old 16th June 2008, 20:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It started something like that. Then it stopped working totally at low speeds. Now it works only about at 100 or so. If it works, it starts virbaring at lower speeds as you said. Anyway, i am leaving it like that.
Old 16th June 2008, 22:34   #43
BHPian

Amazing how parts of the same car wear out with the same consistency across different usage patterns. Therefore, confirmed bugs in the OHC Vtec:

1. O2 Sensor. Luckily, mine hasn't given away yet. At 60K kms.

2. Blower switch malfunction. 1st and 2nd blower setting don't work.

3. Speedometer fluctuating. Started at about 55K kms in my car.

4. Loose exhaust : I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, but my stock exhaust went loose about 3 - 4 times. No problems since I switched over to Automech's custom pipes.
Old 16th June 2008, 23:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
i have the same problem with my vtec too gto. it has had the problem since 55,000 kms.

my earlier 1.3 ohc also had the same problem at around the same odometer reading.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

CEL Problem

Guys i am facing the same problem. My CEL has come on and the ideling has gone up to 1400 from 900. The ideling drops to 1000 as soon as i switch on my ac. Morning starts funny. There are air gaps while reving the engine, they clear out in like 5 minutes. Dont know what i shoud be doing. Could it be just a moisture problem? coz i had parked my car the previous night with everything ok. Next morning i get up and the CEL is on.

First thing i need to do is clean the o2 sensor and reset the ECM.

BUT WHERE IS THE O2 SENSOR LOCATED????

Also plz tell me if you guys think i shd be checking something else also.

Should i continue driving the car like this???

H E L P . . .

Most Viewed