Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 17:34   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Launch control only keeps thr rpm steady for a launch.

Traction control is what does not let your wheels spin.
Wouldnt a factory-fit launch control have some sort of collaboration with the traction control?
Old 19th November 2007, 17:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

A launch control system works with both the TCS and the Engine management system to set the optimal RPM(depending on the engine characterisitics like torque and power curves) and TCS settings for the perfect launch.For cars without TCS only the RPM is controlled such that the wheels dont spin and lose traction.There can be multiple settings for DRY,WET etc.LC works best with Sequential and Automatic transmissions.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 19th November 2007 at 17:58.
Old 1st December 2007, 15:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
LC works best with Sequential and Automatic transmissions.
Completly agree with you but, If you know how to let go of u clutch at a preset rpm for you m/t car u can still have a good launch without spinning the wheels, i know a few guys who r very good at doing this and they have proved it at the speedrun's both at bangalore and bombay. I do like to mention i am also one of them who uses this launch methods and have clocked an et of 16.7 in an all stock (engined) baleno which had only an air filter and suspension work and was all stripped for the drag running 195/60r14 in front and stock tyres at the back, used the same sort of launch while driving the lgb swift at mmst and had a 4 car pass on the start until my car's front left sway bar gave way, ohh by the way i am not a very great fan of screeching tires......

Last edited by memo45_m : 1st December 2007 at 15:34. Reason: additions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks