Team-BHP - Short Shift for Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Short Shift for Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/31393-short-shift-baleno.html)

I am planning to get a short shifter installed on my Baleno. Can somebody help me out with the brands, prices and where I can get one in Bangalore??

Get in touch with v1p3r .. he knew some for sale for the baleno.

Do u have a really long arm? otherwise, I think its difficult to short shift comfortably in the Baleno. I have difficulty reaching the gear shift with the seat fully pushed back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 628390)
Do u have a really long arm? otherwise, I think its difficult to short shift comfortably in the Baleno. I have difficulty reaching the gear shift with the seat fully pushed back.

Short shift does not necessarily mean that the shifter will be short. The 'throw' of the lever will be short. In fact it will be easier to shift as the you dont have to stretch too much and ofcourse faster shifts.

By the way, am curious what other mods do you have on your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 628631)
Short shift does not necessarily mean that the shifter will be short. The 'throw' of the lever will be short. In fact it will be easier to shift as the you dont have to stretch too much and ofcourse faster shifts.

Ahh.. Didn't think about that.. Any idea about the costs involved?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 628631)
By the way, am curious what other mods do you have on your car?

OT: None whatsoever, Just the K&N filter and carPC. Decided against any more performance mods like FFE. I am planning to repaint the front grille entirely in black (DIY stuff.. lets see how it goes. Hope it doesn't make it to the wierd and wacky thread :)).

I wanted a short-shift too for my Esteem and found that a Bangalore-based company called tanay engineering was making short-shifts. Their website is home.

However, their contact contact info is incorrect. The telephone has 9 digits and I haven't received a reply to my email....It has been a week now. Try your luck.

Keep us posted on your search.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# (Post 628674)
However, their contact contact info is incorrect. The telephone has 9 digits and I haven't received a reply to my email.

Visited the website and some links dont work. I just get a "page not found" error. Also some product link's dont seem to be active yet. I guess its wait n watch for now. I'd love to get the shoft shifter and the strut braces for my esteem too. Upgrades in brakes are also something I am pondering with.

Here you go guys:

The phone number for Tanay Engineering : 080-41686282

They dont sell direct but have two dealers:
1. Exel Racing - Contact Akash - 080-28565040
2. FRK Raicing

cheers

hey how about modding the gear box with short ratio gears and short shifter would that be a good upgrade. Yes if you really want torque dont you think this is a good combination, shorter gear ratios would some what increase the performance and good for city traffic?

Do the rally Balenos use short shifters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo
In fact it will be easier to shift as the you dont have to stretch too much and ofcourse faster shifts.

Umm. Not quite true. Unless accompanied by the correct bushings & correctly modified selector, throws can get stiffer whilst getting shorter....most local kits keep the mechanicals intact, whilst shortening the lever & knob, resulting in shorter throws- but heftier shifts. But those are cheap, though....

Visited the Tanay website and found this interesting statement.

"There are so many short throw shifters on the market, however, only Tanay Engineering has a short shifter available that stands out amongst all others without compromising on any exhaust modification."

I'm curious to know how it affects the exhaust. :)

BTW, does anybody know of a short shifter for BOLERO? Please let me know.

-- Torqy

If short shifter is good why doesn't it come as factory fitted? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 629340)
Visited the Tanay website and found this interesting statement.

"There are so many short throw shifters on the market, however, only Tanay Engineering has a short shifter available that stands out amongst all others without compromising on any exhaust modification."

I'm curious to know how it affects the exhaust. :)

-- Torqy

Was intrigued by that as well. Techies help please.