Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 23:56   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
AFAIK, even a stock OHC 1.5 is faster than the Baleno. Period.

manson.
I think you know wrong
Old 28th November 2007, 00:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
yup, my thoughts are same. I would be quite happy to know that Baleno can outrun a car with 9 bhp more
Extra 9bhp or otherwise doesn't mean a thing. At what rpm, what gearing? Going by that the 77bhp NHC should be far behind. The truth lies in the Torque spread. Your happiness will take a dip considering that the Baleno has a 100cc advantage over the non-vtec 1.5.

On top of it, I still have that Overdrive issue, that Baleno had non-stock tyres.

0-100 is one thing (which we can always debate), but the overall experience of even a non-VTEC OHC is completely different. The way the chassis is setup, the way the car feels like one, right from the tyre contact patch, to the seat of the pants as well as the palm on the steering. The only other car that comes close to that experience in that bracket, stays parked in my garage. Only it takes subtle sensibilities to arrive at that judgement!

Last edited by 1100D : 28th November 2007 at 00:10.
Old 28th November 2007, 00:33   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think you know wrong
Maybe you think wrong then
Or maybe i think wrong, but the Ohc atleast feels faster than a baleno, that was essentially the reason why i picked an Ohc.

Quote:
yup, my thoughts are same. I would be quite happy to know that Baleno can outrun a car with 9 bhp more
Heck if thats what makes you happy, you surely have a reason to celebrate. I am told your baleno can outrun many Hyundai accent vivas & tornados with much higher bhp ratings.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 28th November 2007 at 00:38.
Old 28th November 2007, 10:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'm searching for some of my pre NHC OD/ACI mags. I'm sure i'l find some 0-100 timings in the car data index.

Shan2nu
Old 28th November 2007, 10:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Baleno - 975kgs
VTEC - 985kgs
Shan2nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
IIRC, the Baleno LXi weighs 975, whereas the VXi weighs 985. These were the figures when I bought mine.
Can somebody please confirm this? If this is true, then weight-wise VXi = VTEC (and I'm assuming pretty close to the non-VTEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Forget the 1.3L City.. what I want to know is
Baleno 1.6L - 91/94Bhp Vs Honda 1.5L - 100Bhp = ????
According to these figures, isn't the 1.3L City @ 90 bhp (and not the 1.5L @ 100 bhp) closer to the Baleno @ 91/94 bhp ?
Old 28th November 2007, 11:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversteer View Post
Can somebody please confirm this? If this is true, then weight-wise VXi = VTEC (and I'm assuming pretty close to the non-VTEC)
The 985kg VXi was for the EIII new model with wider tyres and bigger 14" wheels. Not sure about the earlier VXi. But then, I guess a 10kg variance is not going to matter much for all practical purposes. Different drivers, different fuel loads etc could easily affect that amount of weight difference.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:48   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Extra 9bhp or otherwise doesn't mean a thing. At what rpm, what gearing? Going by that the 77bhp NHC should be far behind. The truth lies in the Torque spread. Your happiness will take a dip considering that the Baleno has a 100cc advantage over the non-vtec 1.5.

On top of it, I still have that Overdrive issue, that Baleno had non-stock tyres.

0-100 is one thing (which we can always debate), but the overall experience of even a non-VTEC OHC is completely different. The way the chassis is setup, the way the car feels like one, right from the tyre contact patch, to the seat of the pants as well as the palm on the steering. The only other car that comes close to that experience in that bracket, stays parked in my garage. Only it takes subtle sensibilities to arrive at that judgement!
what you drive makes you happy and what I do makes me, but I dont like to consider the one parked in your garage as even close to mine
Old 28th November 2007, 12:07   #53
BHPian

Sorry to say, Baleno owners looking for affirmation is a sad sight.

OHC VTEC 0-100
BSM= 10.56s (here)
OD= 10.12 (here)

Quote:
Heck if thats what makes you happy, you surely have a reason to celebrate. I am told your baleno can outrun many Hyundai accent vivas & tornados with much higher bhp ratings.
manson.
. May be one should run Baleno against a Volvo B7R. Maximum happiness derived
Old 28th November 2007, 12:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
what you drive makes you happy and what I do makes me, but I dont like to consider the one parked in your garage as even close to mine
My stock VTEC is sure faster, and I wont even have to argue on that point. But to add to the current arguement going on,... the OHC looks better even when it is parked in the garage.

P.S.: My neighbouring parking lot has a Baleno, hence the comparison. LOL
Old 28th November 2007, 12:21   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe you think wrong then
Or maybe i think wrong, but the Ohc atleast feels faster than a baleno, that was essentially the reason why i picked an Ohc.

manson.
I did not know that you own an OHC . beating other cars or not is not the point because you never know the capabilities of the other drivers. I started this thread to know the true potential of my car and whether it can be compared to an OHC vtec or not. but after the replies from the members I have a feeling that I had over estimated my car's capabilities. but whether my car can beat an OHC, OHC vtec, ikon 1.6, accent 1.6 or not will not have any effect on my love for her
mods can close this thread as I have a feeling that it will end up in members arguing about whose car is better.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
^^ And which is that?
Old 28th November 2007, 12:25   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
My stock VTEC is sure faster, and I wont even have to argue on that point. But to add to the current arguement going on,... the OHC looks better even when it is parked in the garage.

P.S.: My neighbouring parking lot has a Baleno, hence the comparison. LOL
sorry to say that your assumption about which car I compared to was wrong. you should have seen 1100D's gallery before jumping into any conclusion . and obviously the ohc looks better than the baleno. no point in arguing over that

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th November 2007 at 12:27.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
sorry to say that your assumption about which car I compared to was wrong.
sorry, that was surely a misunderstanding of your statement and of course not of 1100D's garage.

Quote:
and obviously the ohc looks better than the baleno. no point in arguing over that
thanks for seconding that
Old 28th November 2007, 12:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
^^ And which is that?
Check out 1100D's garage. You'll know what he is referring to.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:53   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
^^ And which is that?
oh I had not mentioned the name to avoid further arguments. but it seems that you are not liking that . ok, its an ikon 1.6
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks