Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 20:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
what you drive makes you happy and what I do makes me, but I dont like to consider the one parked in your garage as even close to mine
Ignorance is a bliss! Good that it works for you.

As far as my knowledge goes, you had never even driven the cars you are comparing your car with. On the otherhand, some people weigh their options. The interpretation of the term "driving pleasure" is also left onto imagination of different minds. Moreover its quite obvious who is the one seeking patronage for his phased out piece of metal.

Last edited by 1100D : 28th November 2007 at 20:42.
Old 28th November 2007, 21:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

*reaches out for popcorn, puts legs up, waits for punches to fly*
Old 28th November 2007, 21:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

* wonders which side to take - considering he owns a Baleno, but forsees OHC winning this battle *

On a more serious note, I have never driven an OHC. But I have heard many who have driven it say it feels light and not so confidence inspiring at high speeds. So to me, 0-100 kmph barely matters.. its whats happens after you get to 100 that matters.
Old 28th November 2007, 22:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

I think the (Vtec vs Baleno) question has already been asnwered and the (OHC 1.5 vs Baleno) question ain't going anywhere (Unless some mag gets these outdated cars together and does a proper test). So, why is this thread still open?

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 28th November 2007 at 22:40.
Old 28th November 2007, 23:01   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Ignorance is a bliss! Good that it works for you.

As far as my knowledge goes, you had never even driven the cars you are comparing your car with. On the otherhand, some people weigh their options. The interpretation of the term "driving pleasure" is also left onto imagination of different minds. Moreover its quite obvious who is the one seeking patronage for his phased out piece of metal.
are Sir dil pe kyun le raha hai?? I was joking... perhaps you are feeling insecured that it is taking a toll on your sense of humour . As far as my knowledge goes it was you who had finalised on this piece of phased out metal but changed your mind as Maruti was not giving warranty for fatter rubber. so I have enough faith on you to belive that you had almost made a right decision.. anyway, this is really not getting anywhere. the conclusion is that vtec is faster than baleno (which it should be due to higher bhp unlike accent 1.6), between ohc and baleno - it remains undecided and far as your car is concerned, you can start another thread if you are feeling that insecured .
Old 28th November 2007, 23:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

I confess i have not read the entire 5 pages in this thread, but isn't the MPFI esteem faster than both these like-fat(Fatso) cars ? sorry for my limited vocabulary.

P.S Yes, i did read a few posts & that suggests figure wise that the OHC is quicker than the esteem/baleno, but the Vtec is something different, it could eat all these comparisons hands down on a stretch of 2 Kms max maybe even much lesser.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 28th November 2007 at 23:15.
Old 28th November 2007, 23:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
are Sir dil pe kyun le raha hai?? I was joking... perhaps you are feeling insecured that it is taking a toll on your sense of humour . As far as my knowledge goes it was you who had finalised on this piece of phased out metal but changed your mind as Maruti was not giving warranty for fatter rubber. so I have enough faith on you to belive that you had almost made a right decision.. anyway, this is really not getting anywhere. the conclusion is that vtec is faster than baleno (which it should be due to higher bhp unlike accent 1.6), between ohc and baleno - it remains undecided and far as your car is concerned, you can start another thread if you are feeling that insecured .
Some people just dont fail to amaze!

Anyway, coming back to the topic, is there an answer to the 100cc advantage that the suzuki engine has and yet just about hold its own against even the OHC non-VTEC.
Old 28th November 2007, 23:20   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Some people just dont fail to amaze!
thanks for the compliment, its good to know that you are amazed at me but sadly the same cannot be said about you

Quote:
Anyway, coming back to the topic, is there an answer to the 100cc advantage that the suzuki engine has and yet just about hold its own against even the OHC non-VTEC.
what topic?? I think the result is out and clear... by the way, neither you work for Honda nor do I for Suzuki. but it would be great if you could throw some light on this as I am ignorant....
Old 28th November 2007, 23:31   #69
Team-BHP Support

Which is faster?. Thread exists in locked state! Please read through for answers. Going through this thread gives a Deja vu feeling.

Just to answer all you guys, the Palio 1.6 is fastest. ** Running out of this thread in full speed **
Old 29th November 2007, 00:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Well according to me - the Baleno will out run the city in lower RPM's and when we reach about 4000 RPM the city gets into the act and catches up fast and maybe just by a whisker is the faster of the 2.

Heck the ikon at lower RPM's will out run the Baleno but runs out of breath as fast.
Old 29th November 2007, 01:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

I never liked the frontal look of OHC so thanks to God it's faster . I love to see the backside of it when it zooms past my car very easily ;-)
Old 29th November 2007, 01:08   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Which is faster?. Thread exists in locked state! Please read through for answers. Going through this thread gives a Deja vu feeling.

Just to answer all you guys, the Palio 1.6 is fastest. ** Running out of this thread in full speed **
good find moralfibre... so the result had been decided two years back. after going through the other thread the conclusion seems to be somewhat like this -

Stock
1. OHC vtec
2. Baleno
3. OHC 1.5

Modded
1. Baleno
2. OHC vtec

seems that the heading of this needs to be changed so that the baleno gets the advantage
Old 29th November 2007, 09:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Modded
1. Baleno
2. OHC vtec
This was the belief 2 years ago.

Infact, during the last Speed Run in Blore, the first 4 fastest cars in the pro stock category were OHCs ranging between 16.3-16.5 secs while the fastest Baleno in that class was Mclarens car at 16.9 secs (have recorded all the runs "with timings" on Wolf's handycam). Madhu's Vtec posted a 14.5 sec run with a shot of NOS while the closest Baleno in the same class was running in the region of 15-15.2secs.

And even in Bbay, i think it was Mihir's Vtec that shocked us with that sub 16 sec time in the pro stock category.

No matter what you do to a baleno, there is always gonna be one OHC which will go quicker and all the Baleno owners who have modified their cars and taken part in Speed Runs/Drag events, maynot say it........but they know it.

Shan2nu
Old 29th November 2007, 09:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
This was the belief 2 years ago.

Infact, during the last Speed Run in Blore, the first 4 fastest cars in the pro stock category were OHCs ranging between 16.3-16.5 secs while the fastest Baleno in that class was Mclarens car at 16.9 secs (have recorded all the runs "with timings" on Wolf's handycam). Madhu's Vtec posted a 14.5 sec run with a shot of NOS while the closest Baleno in the same class was running in the region of 15-15.2secs.

And even in Bbay, i think it was Mihir's Vtec that shocked us with that sub 16 sec time in the pro stock category.

No matter what you do to a baleno, there is always gonna be one OHC which will go quicker and all the Baleno owners who have modified their cars and taken part in Speed Runs/Drag events, maynot say it........but they know it.

Shan2nu

Right said fred!!

Cheers,
Shrey
Old 29th November 2007, 09:57   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

Shan2nu
Guys,

I think its best you leave modded cars out of this discussion as no 2 cars are modded the same. Most of the cars that finished on the podium were running stroker kits besides all the other regular mods for a drag. No one knows what the engine capacity was changed to. So if you say for eg. Mclaren's car was fastest or Mihir's car was fastest they were not actually in the prostock category. Maybe from the rules point of view they were. If you want to compare then do it with two identically modded cars 1 baleno and 1 OHC or Vtec modded by the same tuner then that would be a fair comparison.

Viper
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks