Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 10:17   #1
knp
BHPian

Problems with my Santro

Friends,

I went through the most of the threads under "Technical Stuff" and could not get the clear reason for my problem.

I am having a 2002 Santro and driven only around 32000 kms. Had a 30k service at Advaith Hyundai, j.p.nagar, bengaluru and they charged me around 9k for this service.

Now, I am finding the following issues, which are really bothering me a lot:
1. Very bad suspension: Even on even roads, I am feeling the suspension is very bad. I drive from B.g.road to EC through NICE road and having really tough time. I feel like to sell this car and get a new one, but I am so much attached to my first car. We treat this car as one of our family members. When I bought my car, I had HR alloys and tube-less tyres. I got new tubless tyres almost a year back.

2. Bad pick-up and tight gearshift: I am seeing a sudden drop in power. Also, the gear-shift is pretty tight, esp. when i shift from 2nd to 3rd.

3. Bad sounds: I am hearing a knocking sounds at the rear, when I go through bumpy roads. Initially, I felt that something lying in my trunck and causing this noice. Is is something due to bad suspension?

4. No sound proof: Most of the times, I drive with my windows-up and A/C on due to dusty roads and polluting vehicles.
Even then, I could hear the sounds very clearly and it's bit noisy. I could hear very loudly my honking sound. Is there anyway, that I can improve this sound proof?

I don't want to loose my car and am also thinking to go for the following upgrads:
1. Suspension
2. Filters
3. FFE

I really don't like Advaith service..as they are not even doing the basic checks. I had to spend almost 2 hours to check everything and ask them to correct them.

I would request you to help me to direct me to some good service station in Bengaluru (pref in south bengaluru), who can help me to solve the above problems and do the required mods.
I really need your advices on this,
Moderator, Please approve this Thread as I am in real need.

thanks,
-pk
Old 19th November 2007, 11:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I would request you to help me to direct me to some good service station in Bengaluru (pref in south bengaluru), who can help me to solve the above problems and do the required mods.
Trident hyundai on the Kanakpura road 0.5 to 1km beyond the ring road junction is my best bet.
I had mine serviced with them every single time till I had my car and the service was really good.
Old 19th November 2007, 11:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have owned 4 Santros in the past 7 years - and currently have a Santro Xing 2003 July Model - Done 52000 Km's.

I live in Agra and drive over some pretty bumpy roads at certain stretches. I would agree that it is a bit harsh and does Bounce a bit - I noticed this only after I got Michelin Tubeless 2 months back.

I think the solution to this also is getting your shocks checked once at the Hyundai Service Centre.

As far as Knocking goes - I had this problem once - I took ot for service where they did - ' De Carbonisation ' of the engine. Did cost me around 1500 Rs extra for it I think. But have had no problem since.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:44   #4
knp
BHPian

Thanks @DieselFan and @vkochar for your inputs.
I will take this to Trident J.P.Nagar and have it checked.
Old 19th November 2007, 15:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

5 yr old vehicle and done only 32K and giving problems as if has done a lakh or more.

Did these problems come up after the 30K service that costed 9K? What all they did for 9K? Please give details. Maybe then the problems could be addressed.

Quote:
Friends,

I went through the most of the threads under "Technical Stuff" and could not get the clear reason for my problem.

I am having a 2002 Santro and driven only around 32000 kms. Had a 30k service at Advaith Hyundai, j.p.nagar, bengaluru and they charged me around 9k for this service.-pk
Old 19th November 2007, 15:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Was any of the problems were encounterd before givng to service? Pls elaborate...
Old 19th November 2007, 17:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

I am having a 2002 Santro and driven only around 32000 kms. Had a 30k service at Advaith Hyundai, j.p.nagar, bengaluru and they charged me around 9k for this service.

When I bought my car, I had HR alloys and tube-less tyres. I got new tubless tyres almost a year back.

-pk

So you bought a used car? Did you find out the car was maintained well by the first owner?

32k in 5 years seems to be very little running; maybe the odo was tampered? BTW, when did you buy the car?
Old 19th November 2007, 17:39   #8
Team-BHP Support

Replies inline in bold

Is it a first hand buy or used one?

1. Very bad suspension: Even on even roads, I am feeling the suspension is very bad. I drive from B.g.road to EC through NICE road and having really tough time. I feel like to sell this car and get a new one, but I am so much attached to my first car. We treat this car as one of our family members. When I bought my car, I had HR alloys and tube-less tyres. I got new tubless tyres almost a year back.

Define bad/more specific. is it bouncy, noisy or pulling the car to sides or something?

2. Bad pick-up and tight gearshift: I am seeing a sudden drop in power. Also, the gear-shift is pretty tight, esp. when i shift from 2nd to 3rd.

Sudden drop of power after the service? or while driving at particular rpm. Get your airfilter and fuel filter checked

3. Bad sounds: I am hearing a knocking sounds at the rear, when I go through bumpy roads. Initially, I felt that something lying in my trunck and causing this noice. Is is something due to bad suspension?

Can be faulty bushes or rear shocks or even can be a loose exhaust pipe

4. No sound proof: Most of the times, I drive with my windows-up and A/C on due to dusty roads and polluting vehicles.
Even then, I could hear the sounds very clearly and it's bit noisy. I could hear very loudly my honking sound. Is there anyway, that I can improve this sound proof?

Thats how its designed, nothing much one can do

I really don't like Advaith service..as they are not even doing the basic checks. I had to spend almost 2 hours to check everything and ask them to correct them.

I really need your advices on this,
Moderator, Please approve this Thread as I am in real need.

Hyundai owners please suggest if Trident or others are better
Old 20th November 2007, 10:23   #9
knp
BHPian

Thank you ALL for your responses and suggestions.

This is a first hand car and I bought it for my parents when I was in US.
They have not used it much.
I have not seen these problems before I gave this to service. I used to get it regular services for every six months.
They have done servicing based on 30k service checklist, like the oil change, etc. They have also done wheel alignment and balancing. When I went to pick-up my car after 30k service, I could see that wheel alignment was not done properly, as it was pulling me to sides and also, I could see the steering wheel is not in alignment when I park my car straigh. I compalined to them immediately, and they did something and I could still feel that. But, that service guy was so rude and he was telling me that it was my mental feeling that wheel alignment was not good.
Then, I went to other local wheel alignment guy and he had done it correctly.
So, I am thinking whether these advaith guys had messed-up with my car or replaced the parts?
The car is very well maintained and only now, I am seeing these issues.
Old 18th March 2010, 22:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine is facing sudden loss of power (stumble/hesitation) in his Santro Xing, sometimes it feels as if there is no power even with full throttle and suddenly it comes back to life, any one who has faced similar problems? the car has run 22000 kms. suggestions will be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks