Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 10:32   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indica - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcj3b View Post
Calling all the Audiophiles esp green horn,

I want to change my indica v2 audio setup changing frm dash + rear speakers to dash + door ones mainly dur to the clattering rear parcel tray

Any one has any idea of how to lay a wire from the door to the console , i mean is there a designated space for it?
I hate seeing wires dangling around.
1. for the clattering rear tray -
are you still using your plastic tray? switch to MDF, reduces your rattles
Use double sided foam tape around your tray hinges and apply liberally where the tray rests on the bracket - you'll reduce a lot of clatter

Which year is your car? Mine came pre wired to both the dash and door. Yours should too. You'll lose a lot of bass if you lose your rear speakers. Front, you will need 5.25" speakers which are a bit rare and have vastly lesser bass. you can fit 6.5" but then you will need to fit directly to your door using spacers, and will complicate door pad removal

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th December 2012 at 10:33.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 18:38   #1067
Senior - BHPian

*small correction - for the hinge around the rear parcel tray, and the bolt onto which your rear seats latch, you need to wrap with insulation tape. TASC's usually do this by default, and the tape gets worn out after a while, which leads to more rattling. Just sit in the back, let someone drive, figure out where the rattles are coming from, and then fix
Old 24th January 2013, 15:27   #1068
Senior - BHPian

I've been given an estimate of 12K for an FIP overhaul. Can anyone point me to a lucas tvs service center, preferably in south chennai ?
Old 24th January 2013, 18:54   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I've been given an estimate of 12K for an FIP overhaul. Can anyone point me to a lucas tvs service center, preferably in south chennai ?
The quote seems to be on higher side. What are the problems you are facing ?

Heres a approximate cost of servicing the FIP in detail along with the parts to be replaced as per the problem.

1. General servicing of the pump. This includes parts such as Blade & Liner and the service kit costing around 1850/-
2. Bearing if required Rs1450/-
3. Head & rotor Assy. required only in case of starting trouble cost around Rs8000/-
4. Sundry parts Rs500/- if required.
5. Labour charges ranging from 500-800
6. Injectors servicing (set of 4) 300-500
7. Nozzles if required Rs2100/- set of 4

I again repeat the Head & Rotor is required only if you face starting trouble and nozzles are to be replaced if you are getting consistantly low mileage.

You can get the FIP serviced at the company workshop address as below

Lucas Indian Service Ltd,
28, Poomagal Main Road,
Ekkattuthangal
Chennai 32
Ph. (044) 22255032

Kindly let me know of you require any other assistance

Regards

Samir
CRDIsamir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 19:38   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Thank you!
I am getting consistently low mileage (12kmpl is pretty bad for an indica), but hadnt thought about the FIP...
Currently the issue is that my rpm's are hunting/oscillating at idle/low engine speeds. I've decided to wait to see if its still there after all the filters are changed.

I too was shocked because the last time i got my FIP overhauled, it cost me just 3.something K
Old 24th January 2013, 19:57   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!
I am getting consistently low mileage (12kmpl is pretty bad for an indica), but hadnt thought about the FIP...
Currently the issue is that my rpm's are hunting/oscillating at idle/low engine speeds. I've decided to wait to see if its still there after all the filters are changed.

I too was shocked because the last time i got my FIP overhauled, it cost me just 3.something K
12kpl is certainly too low for a Indica. How much has your car run after the first FIP calibration. Was it done at a authorised Delphi-TVS dealer ? A properly done up FIP should give trouble free service for about 1 lakh kms.

Regarding the issue of hunting does it give white/ blue smoke when idling ? If so then the pump to engine timing is retarded. Get the timing advanced.

Does the engine misfire and give white smoke when you race the engine ? This also shows the retarded engine timing.

If the problem of white smoke, missing and the hunting persists even after the advance engine timing then you may require to calibrate the FIP.

Changing the filters wont be of much help but you can try.

Regards

Samir
Old 24th January 2013, 20:01   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
currently the issue is that my rpm's are hunting/oscillating at idle/low engine speeds. I've decided to wait to see if its still there after all the filters are changed.
Is there a cold advance system in the Indica's FIP? Your symptoms are exactly the same as when that fails.
Old 24th January 2013, 21:09   #1073
Senior - BHPian

got my FIP overhauled the first time sometime before 30K, and that was when I complained about lack of pickup above 90+ Km - the overhaul didnt fix it, and the car maxes out at slightly above 120. some may claim this is normal for a 6 year old indica, but it has always been like this since it was around 2 years old.
Really havent not looked for smoke, though there is a small hint of white smoke when it starts, but goes away quickly. It revs smoothly with no gears engaged
Old 11th February 2013, 00:01   #1074
Senior - BHPian

got it fixed from the myTVS mentioned above. damage came to about 11k 7k for FIP overhaul, and 4K for a nozzle overhaul. apparently it was damaged. everything seems to be fine
Old 11th February 2013, 08:57   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
got it fixed from the myTVS mentioned above. damage came to about 11k 7k for FIP overhaul, and 4K for a nozzle overhaul. apparently it was damaged. everything seems to be fine
Thanks for sharing that greenhorn. Pardon me if you have already mentioned it in earlier messages, but was the max speed topping @ 120 kmph the only reason for the FIP overhaul or you were facing other issues, like lower than normal pick-up etc? Also could you please share the invoice details or least the parts & labor break-up for the benefit of all members. Last time I inquired @ FIP overhaul at my nearest TVS center, they quoted me a figure of INR 15K, which included the replacement of the pump rotor, not sure if injector nozzle cleaning was included in that.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:18   #1076
Senior - BHPian

nah, the top speed/low pickup/low mileage issues was manageable. the big problem was the rpm hunting, and jerking during acceleration/release which was making the car a bit hard to control. I didnt get a detailed breakup. My bill had just three line items - FIP remove/refit, FIP overhaul and nozzle overhaul. If you want you can find the bill here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3037888

The mech diagnosed the FIP rotor as bust because at full rpm's, it was making a clattering sound. But even after the FIP overhaul, the rpm issue was there, so they did another round of checks and found that one of my nozzle's body was damaged, so that was replaced too.
I thought by nozzle, it would be some component of the FIP itself, but turns out to be part of the injector assembly. The one that is at the rightmost on the engine block, with the wire going in - the wire and insulation were pretty damaged.

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th February 2013 at 09:20.
Old 13th February 2013, 18:23   #1077
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I want to get the driver's side ORVM mirror ( only the mirror part & not the entire assembly) for our 2002 model Indica DLS but I am unable to get it here in Jaipur. I know the mirror is separately available as I had previously purchased it from a Tata parts shop about 1 year ago for Rs.475/- but now the dealer is telling me that tata has stopped supplying mirror for older model. Mirrors for newer model, the triangular ones were available.

I dont want to change the entire assembly as it costs Rs.900/-. Local after market mirrors are available for Rs.50/-, but they are just plain mirrors.
So if anybody can source me this mirror it would be of great help for me.
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:48   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK1 View Post
Hello everyone,

I know the mirror is separately available as I had previously purchased it from a Tata parts shop about 1 year ago for Rs.475/- but now the dealer is telling me that tata has stopped supplying mirror for older model. Mirrors for newer model, the triangular ones were available.

I dont want to change the entire assembly as it costs Rs.900/-. Local after market mirrors are available for Rs.50/-, but they are just plain mirrors.
So if anybody can source me this mirror it would be of great help for me.
Hi BLACK1,
You seem to have some idea about the ORVM s for the Indica. I own a 2008 Indica V2 DLS and it did not come along with a passenger side ORVM. I think that's spoiling the looks. Do you have any idea about the price of the passenger side ORVM, i mean the entire assembly including the adjustment mechanism from inside?

Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:54   #1079
BHPian

Dear bharatbits,

Our own Indica dls did not come with passenger side orvm and I have not yet fixed it but I know that the entire assembly along with adjustment mechanism is available for around Rs.900/- (plus taxes if purchased from TASS.)
Old 19th March 2013, 22:59   #1080
mgh
BHPian

I bought a pre-owned Tata certified 2007 model Indica DLX turbo 3 years ago. I have generally been happy with the car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...t=indica+turbo

I was getting a fuel efficiency of 11.5 kms/ltr or more after initial problems were settled. Now the fuel efficiency averages about 11 kms/ltr.

The pick-up is too good. The car tends to zoom at the slightest touch of the accelerator.

Today I had taken it to the private workshop I have been using for some time based on my neighbour's recommendation. I told them about drop in FE.

After the small work I had was over, the guy who runs it took it around and said that the injectors were delivering too much fuel and have to be attended. He said that he would remove them, send them to injector workshop, and that it would cost about Rs 7000.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks