Team-BHP - MPFI Esteem missing with full tank.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   MPFI Esteem missing with full tank. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/31546-mpfi-esteem-missing-full-tank.html)

Hi,

On my recent drive to Himachal I found that if I fill up full tank the car starts missing a lot till the fuel falls to around 75% of the tank. First I thought it was bad fuel but after comming back to delhi and filling up from my regular pump the problem still exists. It misses in high gear a lot and gets difficult to drive but once the fule level comes down its back to normal.

I tried the following things:

Opened the fuel cap to see if it was air locking.
Reset the ICU by disconnecting the battery terminal.
Maruti service station guy in Rampur tried to check the fuel flow on the injector by removing the fule line and said that the fuel flow was fine and it was not a clogged fuel filter. He advised to get the injectors cleaned.

Well for now im not filling up full tank and looking for help ..

do check the fuel pump also

As Jaggu has pointed out, please check the fuel pump too. This could be the culprit in most cases. I am not sure why the MASS advised you to get the injectors cleaned. If they were dirty, it doesnt really matter if the tank was full or half full for the engine to miss.

By the way, the title of your thread made me think for a second that your car was stolen with a tank full of petrol.:D

Quote:

By the way, the title of your thread made me think for a second that your car was stolen with a tank full of petrol.:D
Same here, and on further reading I further assumed that it becomes invisible on a full tank. LOL, Just kidding!!

:OT How does one identify/notice misfiring? I've never experienced this... but then my driving experience is just under 10k km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 631885)
Same here, and on further reading I further assumed that it becomes invisible on a full tank. LOL, Just kidding!!

i thought mpfi esteem along with a full tank ( of whatever ! ) is missing..

anyway it looks like fuel pump issue only

Quote:

Originally Posted by k36 (Post 632104)
:OT How does one identify/notice misfiring? I've never experienced this... but then my driving experience is just under 10k km.

not only you but the whole world will know,
just wait till your Miss becomes your Mrs and starts firing.lol:

btw.

an engine misfire or ignition failure (causing unburnt fuel to enter the exhaust)

Engine misfires can overheat and destroy the converter as the excessive amounts of unburned fuel are broken down within it, especially when the engine is under heavy loads. Vehicles equipped with OBD-II diagnostic systems are designed to alert the driver of a misfire condition, along with other malfunctions, using the Malfunction Indicator Lamp or "Check Engine" light. If the misfire and engine load can produce heating severe enough to cause catalyst damage, the MIL will flash until the misfire or engine load is reduced.

read more at the source: Catalytic converter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia