Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 02:16   #31
BHPian

I am a santro user, and i do a oil, coolant, brake fluid, steering fluid, air+petrol filter check up at every 5k kms, while full service at 10K by A.S.S.

This much is enough for 5K run until you are experiencing some problems.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:58   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftsuzuki71 View Post
Hey Guys, Still holding the confusion whether to opt for the 15K service or not. This is the service suggested by the dealer and not the manufacturer. The engine Oil should be able to sustain 10k Kms of drive and the as said the air filter should only needs to be cleaned, where the car has been driven in dusty area needs a cleaning. I would go for 10k Service for my Swift Diesel though recommended for 5k by the dealer. Happy driving
Please go by what the manufacturer says.

Also please remember that brake fluid must be changed every 1.5 years(in the larget interests of the brake components) as brake fluid tends to absorb moisture and then polymerise.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Trying to match up with Punto's manufacturer recommeded service interval of 15,000 Kms?

You should go by what the manufacturer says. Service guys want to reduce the crowd in their place I guess.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:24   #34
BHPian

Hi - I own a Swift petrol. I was asked to come in for a service at 15K, but since I was out of town I could not take the car to service during this time. Once I came back, I replaced the engine oil, oil filter, and got the wheels balanced and aligned. I suppose that would be enough until you take it in for the 20K service.

All said and done, it is your discretion whether to service at 15K or not, although it is not recommended.

TC - Kiran
Old 6th January 2010, 15:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

You can be pretty safe by following Manufacturer's recommended service interval. I have done so on Swift D and have been servicing every 10000 kms since 20K kms service and now at 52K I do not have any issues with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks