Team-BHP - Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/31641-ford-ikon-owners-manual-available-purchase.html)

I've recently bought a used 2006 Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair through the Ford dealer here.

I didn't get an Owners Manual with the vehicle, since the dealer didn't get it from the previous owner. They say it isn't sold separately, but I'm not convinced that it isn't sold this way.

Is the Ford Ikon Owners Manual available to purchase? I couldn't get a downloadable PDF version either!
Though I managed to find a Spanish version on the Ford Mexico site:
Ford.com.mx Ikon descargar manual y catalogo

I found something else on these sites--it seems the Ford Ikon that was being sold in other countries had both driver and passenger side air bags as standard!

There are 2 ways of getting this.

1) One get it from any of the used cars sellers for some amount.
2) Somebody from Pune might be in this forum owning a flair (2006 Model). Maybe you can aske them a take a xerox of manual...works out cheaper.:)

Thanks.

I probably will try to get it from the dealer and get photocopies of the book.

Hi guys
I too am looking for one since a year for my Ikon 1.6... can anybody from Bangalore help me wit this?? Plzplease:

Bump..
Is there anybody who has an owner's manual for an ikon 1.6 who can arrange for a photocopy of it?

@cadaver_prad: Jaggu used to own an Ikon 1.6, though he has now sold it. You could probably get in touch with him to know if he still has the manual, although i would assume he has handed it over to the new owner.

shazikon on our forum also owns an Ikon 1.6. PM him as well. :)

Why don't you request Ford India to email the pdf version to you.

BTW, Maruti has its owners manuals on its web-site for download. Kudos to Maruti.

As a owner of the Ikon 1.6,the manual of the 1.6 holds areas applicable for the 1.3 version too as in the year '05. Now that the Flair is there,don't know if its changed or still the same. Xeroxing this book wouldn't be easy and it woudn't be clear unless the hind of the book is removed and each page scanned n converted to pdf directly i guess.

cya
A

FORD Customer Service:

Write to: custmail@ford.com
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Dhushyanth.R.J[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] , [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]Karthika.V, [COLOR=#000080]Lokesh.P, [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Aarthi, [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Sandeep Krishnan[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Customer Relations[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Ford India Limited[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Ph : 044 - 27459218[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Fax : 044 - 27455177[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I have written to the email address given by VC12. Lets see if they reply to it.

The Owners Manual should be available at the local Ford dealership. I've bought the Owners Manual for Rs.238.00/- at the local Ford dealership. It had the Part Number 1420084 printed on the packaging.

If it isn't available at the dealership--call the Ford Customer Care number. They probably can provide more information.

Ford India Customer Relationship Center: 1800 425 2500 (BSNL/MTNL)

The Owners Manual is the same for all the Ford Ikon variants.

I have recently bought an ohc1.3-had no owners manual as the guy had lost it somewhere. can somebody help me to find one in any form(hard copy/xerox/pdf)please: