Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 15:16   #1
BHPian

"Clonk Clonk Clonk" goes my Swift

greetings to all team bhpians from the city of JoY,

I bought my Swfit a couple of months back and was really getting into the feel of driving until yesterday when my swift started rattling all of a sudden as I was descending a flyover. It was clearly the sound of metal against metal and the source seemed to be somewhere near the rear left door.

As I reached my destination ('home sweet home' after watching 'om shanti om'), I detected a flat tyre. I am still confused as to what could be the source of this clanking sound (READ: it sounded similar to a chain of tin cans tied to some stray street animal)

does the swift (or any other car for that reason) rattle out of a flat tyre?? or is it some loose nutjob. please suggest some remedy

the sound of nuts (perhaps or flat tyre) is driving me nuts!!!

PS: i clocked my top speed (110) the same night
Old 26th November 2007, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like the nuts are loose. Just check if all the nuts are tight. If you still cant fix it, I suggest you get the problem investigated by a service center mechanic ASAP as it could be a serious problem.

Last Friday, I had the sound coming from my left rear wheel. This was like couple of days after I got the wheel balancing done. Me and my cousin tried to figure out the source of this sound, but failed. Took the car to the guy who did the wheel balancing. He just took one look and he was able to turn the nuts with his hand !!! I was shocked beyond words and thanked god that the wheels didn't come off when I was driving the car for 2 days (no sound for 2 days, it started on the 3rd day). Told him to be more careful in the future.
Old 29th December 2007, 21:17   #3

I think Swift comes fitted with tubeless tyres. The tubeless tyres do not go flat when pierced with a nail. I am surprised.

Most Viewed