|27th November 2007, 12:52||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 36 Times
Some issues with my esteem
I have 3 issue/problems with my Esteem, for which I need some advice..
1. Just yday I noticed that the car makes some sound like a helicopter. I can make out this sound is of some fan running(and its blades touching something), but what fan is it? Also the fan is not running always. Its runs periodically.
2. Almost all the times I start to drive, I forget to disengage the handbrake. Though I realize my mistake after a few seconds(when the car dosent buldge). How do I address this issue? I am thinking of putting up a postit on the sunvisor.
3. 3 times in last 1.5 months, I've tried to start the car again, when it was already running.This happened coz with the windows rolled up there is hardly any sound coming in, and the hand brakes were engaged(which made be feel that the engine has stopped). What damages will this cause? I guess this will stop once I when prob2 is solved, but then until then..what are the damages that i am making to my vehicle. Is it very alarming or is this mistake tolerable to some extent?
|27th November 2007, 13:41||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanked: 110 Times
He he, seems more problems are related to you than the car
1) Open the hood and check out yourself whether the fan blades are touching something. Do check both radiator as well as a/c fans.
|27th November 2007, 13:46||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 263 Times
So far, there is nothing very serious. Your sense of humour is appreciated.
What is worrying is the extrapolation to the future.
Please do not EVER forget which of the three pedals on the floor does what. And there are a host of little levers and stalks, buttons and switches and whatchamacallits all over the cockpit. They all do one specfic thing each. It is a good idea to remember what exactly each one does. No 3M Post-Its are needed.
It all becomes second-nature in a short span of a few weeks. What is important is to focus on the driving aspect in the initial stages and allow that to happen!
|27th November 2007, 14:03||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 1,844 Times
I appreciate your good sense of humour.
1. It is the radiator fan, it only switches on when the engine temperature exceeds a particular limit. Do check whether anything is blocking it.
2. No need for any Post It. There will be big red exclamation light glowing in your console, if the hand brake is engaged. Look for it every time you start moving.
Also if you keep driving with your hand brake engaged, it will wear out the brake liner easily and also adds additional stress to your engine.
3. Like Whiteknight said, look at the tacho meter before cranking up the engine if you are not sure whether its on or not.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Esteem AC Issues (Now Resolved) Edit: New posts added||esteem_lover||Technical Stuff||79||31st March 2010 13:08|
|2005 Model Mpfi Esteem - Acceleration Issues.||ganesh_bbr||Technical Stuff||19||4th March 2010 23:04|
|Esteem BS III Clutch issues||shreyasma||Technical Stuff||11||21st January 2009 10:55|
|Esteem handling issues.||Stig||Technical Stuff||8||26th January 2007 10:23|