Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 14:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb
BTW, I dont think the WagonR success has much to do with the Duo model. Of all the WagonRs around us, how many are Duo ? I don't see many of them around in any case.
Initially,there were hiccups. Now, the duos are very very reliable and popular.today, apart from the Swift Diesel and the SX4, WagonR is the only other car for which U can't demand a discount. It almost has a waiting period.
Why because, today there's no other option at <4 lakhs for a Rs.2 per km car with maruti reliability and service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb
And as far as Cedia goes, how many Cedias (lpg or otherwise) are around ? Not enough to say anything about LPG being in vogue there also.
They've just launched. And the auto journos are all praise for the sequential injection system which fools people into thinking they're driving on petrol.
And logically, it shouldn't fail provided proper publicity is done.
Old 30th November 2007, 16:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Finding a used Baleno is getting more and more difficult these days.. I dunno why your friend wants to destroy a perfectly good Baleno for the sake of milage!!

Ask him to sell the car and buy a used Fiesta Diesel instead !!
Old 30th November 2007, 17:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

I can see only one advantage of an engine transplant, One Baleno engine in Market for a Zen/Alto/Esteem
Old 30th November 2007, 17:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

OT : Can the Alto take the Baleno engine ? Never heard of E-Alto or B-Alto like we hear about E-Zen and B-Zen.
Old 30th November 2007, 17:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

OT- I hope it does (am still a fan of the 1.1 variant) I added this as I heard someone was going for a B-alto, may be a rumour. Btw never understood why there were no E-B Altos.
Old 30th November 2007, 18:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
OT- I hope it does (am still a fan of the 1.1 variant) I added this as I heard someone was going for a B-alto, may be a rumour. Btw never understood why there were no E-B Altos.
Sorry OT:

As far I remember saw a car done here was an alto / wagon r with a 1.3 gti engine. The alteration was done about 2 yrs ago. Have also seen 2 b - 800's and 2 e - 800's.
Old 30th November 2007, 18:15   #22
BHPian

A friend of mine had done this transplantation on a Cielo. Threw away the petrol engine and put in a diesel engine. After 2 months i spoke to him and asked how it was performing. He said "Yaar aag lag gayee".

Nothing beats factory stuff. IMO going for performance mods is fine but this is going too far.
Old 30th November 2007, 19:18   #23
BHPian

ok so according to u guys i would recommend him to better stick with the same engine and go for lpg. Can any body recommend the best lpg fitters in trivandrum and approximate cost of normal and sequential kitssssssss. Thanx in advance. But one of my frends WagonR is giving problems after 15k in LPG. missing problems or low mileage and frequent visit to LPG fitter.
Old 30th November 2007, 19:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv
But one of my frends WagonR is giving problems after 15k in LPG. missing problems or low mileage and frequent visit to LPG fitter.
Exactly my point against going for alternative fuels on an engine designed for gasoline.

IMO if you want better FE, get a good diesel car or get a FE petrol car (if he is looking at 15kmpl city FE, unfortunately the choice is small cars like M800, Alto etc). What good is having a car which reduces your per km cost, but which no longer is as reliable (as it would have been if left to run on petrol alone) ?

For me, reliability is key. I should be able to take the car out at the drop of a hat and be able to drive down to Kerala (from Chennai) without worrying about whether it will give up on me midway. I could do this with our 18-year old Type-1 M800 till the day I made the mistake of going for LPG conversion.

Disclaimer : Maybe there are good LPG-kitters today or the technology itself has improved (as nitrous mentioned), in which case the cons would be minimal.
Old 30th November 2007, 19:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

WHY WHY? would you do that to a Baleno. Its out of production and there are guys who would want to buy it. Buy a Swift DDsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Sorry OT:

As far I remember saw a car done here was an alto / wagon r with a 1.3 gti engine. The alteration was done about 2 yrs ago. Have also seen 2 b - 800's and 2 e - 800's.
B-800? This I need to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
hmmm.. i wonder how that 1.6 would feel under my swift hood !!??? if i could fit it in there that is!!;-)
Not too different from a Baleno esp with all that weight to tug along. plonk it in a Zen to see the difference.
Old 30th November 2007, 21:12   #26
BHPian

hmmm what's sounds interesting is that there's a Baleno Engine for sale!!
Please let me know the price.... ;-)
Just kidding mate...
Swift DDiS engine may be sourced if you try hard with some insurance/service center guys. But it might take a long time...
Like all others have suggested an LPG Kit would be far more feasible & economical....
Old 30th November 2007, 23:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

i hope your friend has calculated the total cost of conversion to diesel and the kms he will take to recover the money back. sure you are not looking at used diesel engines. i think diesels for the same power are more heavier, so see that the engine does'nt falls of.
as such due to the torque of petrol 1.6 occasionally the front shock mounts tears of, thats why a fifth one on top is installed aftermarket. do look into this as diesel is going to be more for same cc engine.
how much are you selling the petrol 1.6?
Old 30th November 2007, 23:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Please open ur mind to alternative fuels.
I agree. Its the better, more seamless option than a diesel powerplant sitting on springs not designed for it
Old 1st December 2007, 00:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
i hope your friend has calculated the total cost of conversion to diesel and the kms he will take to recover the money back. sure you are not looking at used diesel engines. i think diesels for the same power are more heavier, so see that the engine does'nt falls of.
as such due to the torque of petrol 1.6 occasionally the front shock mounts tears of, thats why a fifth one on top is installed aftermarket. do look into this as diesel is going to be more for same cc engine.
how much are you selling the petrol 1.6?
totally with you gigy..no point in converting it ..i dont think it would be economically beneficial.the cost incurred would be too much and it will take some thousands(maybe a lakh) of kms to recover.ad then after that the actual savings will start.

best options available.
1. go for lpg
2. sell baleno and buy a diesel sedan
Old 1st December 2007, 00:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
totally with you gigy..no point in converting it ..i dont think it would be economically beneficial.the cost incurred would be too much and it will take some thousands(maybe a lakh) of kms to recover.ad then after that the actual savings will start.

best options available.
1. go for lpg
2. sell baleno and buy a diesel sedan
Agree. Sell the baleno and maybe go in for a verna. Because baleno without the engine is no baleno at all.(the interiors are nothing to die for)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks