Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 22:46   #1
Team-BHP Support

Diesel Owners: Please share maintenance Experiences / Advice

The purpose of this thread is to get some gyaan from diesel owners, especially the ones who have had long experiences of owning diesel vehicles, to share their experiences of maintaining their cars. They have done so in pieces in a lot of threads but just wanted one consolidated thread of what they did with their cars to keep them running for long.

I know Tanveer has clocked in thousands of miles in his Indica, Amey in his Lancer D, Jaggu, GTO etc. I just want to know how they went about their servicing intervals, preferred engine oil and fuel type, any particular precautions they took and so on.

Since I am a new diesel owner, I am sure it will help me and many more on the forum and be a ready reference.

Please do share your inputs.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I just want to know how they went about their servicing intervals, preferred engine oil and fuel type, any particular precautions they took and so on.

Since I am a new diesel owner, I am sure it will help me and many more on the forum and be a ready reference.
Eddy, since you already have a diesel car, do a search for ownership / Long term reports for that car. We would have something already. Also do a search for your car model, and you are sure to get a good deal of information.

About how these guys went about their servicing intervals, preferred engine oil & fuel type etc, they started off with what's written & specified in their owner's manual.

Reg fuel type - it is diesel, . Try different brands, see which you like best. Stick to that. It's quite simple, actually.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:49   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Eddy, since you already have a diesel car, do a search for ownership / Long term reports for that car. We would have something already. Also do a search for your car model, and you are sure to get a good deal of information.
Absolutely correct. Ton of information in our forums on diesel ownership.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks