Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2007, 23:52   #1
BANNED

Does mileage plus work??

Have heard about an circuit which is connected to MPFI engines, its brand name is mileage plus, they boast that it reduces engine heat by 10% and increases fuel eficiency by 60% to 100% without even 1% pickup loss..they give 1 lakh kms or 3 yrs guarantee for that kit, and assure the mileage through bond paper!!!

they charge 18.5k for that kit? but i wonder if its real why is not used by OEM's so that mileage doubles, and sales increases. WIll it work? If yes on which principle?
Old 2nd December 2007, 07:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

rajivanoj, do you think those kind of figures are plausible ? Anyway, how can any one anywhere comment on something they dont have details about ? Pls try get more details about what this product is.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Have heard about an circuit which is connected to MPFI engines, its brand name is mileage plus, they boast that it reduces engine heat by 10% and increases fuel eficiency by 60% to 100% without even 1% pickup loss..they give 1 lakh kms or 3 yrs guarantee for that kit, and assure the mileage through bond paper!!!

they charge 18.5k for that kit? but i wonder if its real why is not used by OEM's so that mileage doubles, and sales increases. WIll it work? If yes on which principle?
The price for the 'Mileage Plus' & their FE claims looks quite impractical.

If that contraption does even half of what it claims, all our desi car companies would've definitely offered it & would've sold a few million cars more than what thay've been doing now.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:14   #4
BHPian

i think it is something like the iat trick instead would use a lower resistance to make it run lean and increase mileage.
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:41   #5
BANNED

@ condor
i know its impossible and even its possible by some means we can increase by 2-3 kms by using sum additives or adjustments in carb vehicles...

also i have attached an mobile cam copy of the hand notice...

DSC00227 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 3rd December 2007, 02:49   #6
BANNED

The notice says that if you have "doubts" about the working of the product then you could contact them and they would be more than happy to clarify your doubts. They ask you not to convince yourself that it will not work without first checking it (lol pay 18k to check? ).

But
if you prove that it really "doesnt" work then they would shower you with gifts worth Rupees 50,000!!

Rajivanoj why dont you pay them a visit and ask them about the details of the product and clarify about the principle it works on.

Anyways here's their email address i got from that notice maskelectronics@yahoo.com
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:15   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post

Hi Ravi,

Can you share official link for above mentioned product ?
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:26   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the leaflet / hand-out, I dont expect the company to have any website of their own.
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:19   #9
BHPian

Too much enthusiasm. If anyone wish to buy, do so fast before the guys disappear

Ad says "Can be fitted on MPFI and Carb models"- Now what do you do with a Microprocessor on a carb model?
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:27   #10
BANNED

am not going to buy, am in search of used lancer diesel, but am sure its impossible to achieve that mileage. I think he may later tell , that its mileage for 2 lts of petrol..

have searched through net, but have not found one reliable source abt it...
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
The price for the 'Mileage Plus' & their FE claims looks quite impractical.

If that contraption does even half of what it claims, all our desi car companies would've definitely offered it & would've sold a few million cars more than what thay've been doing now.
Absolutely, brilliantly said. Buyer beware. But why only desi, why not all global manufacturers. This tech. deserves a Nobel Peace Prize or is it the Con of the Millenium.
Old 17th December 2007, 13:13   #12
BHPian

maybe some similar kit already existed like Magnetic Mileage booster i dont know the exact name or company but its waste
Old 17th December 2007, 13:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
and assure the mileage through bond paper!!!

the mockery people make out of the law.

I am sure that the bond will never be signed, and even if signed would come with 110 clause and one of them may read you should not drive in ordinary traffic....
No offence meant

But to me sounds more like a gimmic.

Do you see the products on TVC etc that try to sell you products that can help you reduce your weight etc. And they do come with a money back policy, do you ever get any money back??
I am somehow sure this one is just as credible as those products.
If you have faith then you can fall for it .

Not that i am a heavy weight but I know a few people who try anything that says weight loss.

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 17th December 2007 at 13:33.

Most Viewed