Team-BHP - Mahindra Logan 1.4 GLX- power steering info needed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Mahindra Logan 1.4 GLX- power steering info needed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/32098-mahindra-logan-1-4-glx-power-steering-info-needed.html)

Dear friends:
Just became the owner for the Logan 1.4 GLX, currently I am facing a weird sound, as soon as I start my engine and my A/C turned ON. The sound comes from the left front portion (Engine left side if you are in the drivers seat) of the Logan.
I called up with the technicians they seemed to say sound is because of the OIL pump which pumps oil to produce enough pressure for the power steering and that is not an problem.

The problem seemed to be true in variants of 1.4 petrol and 1.5 diesel and not in 1.6 petrol variant.

Very Weird, does any one has answers. please:

Hi Vinod,

Just digged out this year old thread.

Have you got any solution or answer to your problem?

Can you describe the sound a bit more precisely?

Even I get a sound in the morning after starting the car for the first time in the day and when I start moving. It comes from the front left side of the engine compartment. And the sound is somewhat similar to flow of water or water being shaken inside a bottle. Is it the same in your case? From the sound I thought it might have something to do with the coolant circulation - though not sure, because the coolant reservoir is also in the same location.

I also feel the power steering pulsating a little bit for the first few minutes in the morning, when the wheels are turned to extreme right or left. Have you noticed anything similar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinodvv (Post 644452)
Dear friends:
I am facing a weird sound, as soon as I start my engine and my A/C turned ON. The sound comes from the left front portion (Engine left side if you are in the drivers seat) of the Logan.
I called up with the technicians they seemed to say sound is because of the OIL pump which pumps oil to produce enough pressure for the power steering and that is not an problem.

This is not a common thing in all 1.4s.

Wierd that even before looking, they identified the problem. I suggest you go to the workshop and get it seen by a technician.

Also, see if there is any other 1.4 in the garage, ask them to switch the ignition on. Obviously, that car will not make the same kind of sound. And then they will have to do something about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tMax (Post 1095880)
Even I get a sound in the morning after starting the car for the first time in the day and when I start moving. It comes from the front left side of the engine compartment. And the sound is somewhat similar to flow of water or water being shaken inside a bottle. Is it the same in your case? From the sound I thought it might have something to do with the coolant circulation - though not sure, because the coolant reservoir is also in the same location.

I also feel the power steering pulsating a little bit for the first few minutes in the morning, when the wheels are turned to extreme right or left. Have you noticed anything similar?

Even I hear the water bottle sound! I will ask the Mahindra guys the next time I go to the workshop.