Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:33   #1
BHPian

Sudden Drop in Fuel Efficiency. What could be the cause?

Guys,

I drive a Verna 1.6xi, which i purchased in June '07. I got Free Flow Headers installed in august '07, and have been driving it in heavy Bangalore traffic on a daily basis. I used to get a fuel efficiency of around 8 to 8.5.

My driving style does include sudden acceletration and heavy breaking, with the AC on all the time. Inspite of this, i used to get an FE of 8 to 8.5 (320 to 340 kms for 40 Ltrs of petrol).

However, since the last two fillings, my FE has come down to 7 (280 kms for 40 Ltrs once, and 266kms for 37 Ltrs the second time). There has been no change in my driving style, nor have i changed my petrol pump. I get my petrol from the Shell station near Kasturba Road.

My car has now completed 54xx kms. I am about to give my car for the second free service. I will ask the service guy to check the following. Please let me know if there is more stuff i need checked.

1 - The filters
2 - the tyre pressure
3 - the clutch plate
4 - damages/signs of tampering with the fuel tank

Any ideas on what can cause this sudden drop in FE??

MODS: I did a search for similar queries but i could not find a thread. If there is one, please redirect my thread there.
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

A clogged/filthy air filter / tyre pressure is a potential reason. On such a new car, clutch problems can be considered rare. Check to see if any spark plugs might have gone loose.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:49   #3

Drop in fuel efficiency for my Honda City model 2007

my honda city is giving me very less average ,as it was giving good fuel economy but from last few months its drinking fuel like anything ,so i wanted the help as to what might be the problem rest all the car is superb and its become 5and half years old year 2007 .
i wanted the suggestion to what to do as to get goood fuel economy pls do help me and i also use synthetic oil

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th June 2011 at 11:58. Reason: @Samloveu123 - please search before creating new threads. Many similar topics exist. Threads merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks