Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 21:46   #31
BHPian

This is the reply that I got from Liqui Moly tech support on how to use the Jetclean Fuel System Cleaner.

Quote:
This product should be used with a Jetclean Fuel System Cleaning Machine. The product can be used by directly pouring the product into the fuel tank of a Petrol Vehicle. The fuel tank will need to have a minimum of 1/2 a tank of fuel. The product will then clean through the fuel system eliminating any carbon / gum deposits from the fuel system. The product will be taken through the fuel system by the fuel. This will clean the fuel system but not as directly as the Jetclean machine. Please do not hesitate in contacting us for any further advise.

Regards

Liqui Moly Technical.
liquimoly-direct.co.uk Forum
Old 11th August 2011, 18:48   #32
BHPian

Injector cleaning with external machine in Pune ?

I did a search but could not find anything.
Where in Pune can I get the injector cleaning done ?
I'm not looking to use the liquid which is poured into the tank.. but using the injector cleaning machine.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Injector cleaning with external machine in Pune ?

Pune is a big place. Any big A.S.S. should have these. And injector cleaning machine is rather cheap now.

PS: Also please post details of cars, model year, Odo reading, and problem you are facing in details.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:55   #34
BHPian

Hi Chetan,

Tapia Motors is the best place you can get your injectors in Pune.

Its on Solapur road just after the Croma Showroom.

Incase you need any more details please PM me.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:21   #35
BHPian

Kindly excuse if I am in the wrong thread,

I am having a Chevy Optra 1.6,2005 model done 45000kms.
There is slight jerk in the power delivery in the 2 and 3 gear between 1-2.5k rpm.
I reset the battery and changed the air filter but still the problem was there.
I felt that the injectors were dirty and used ABRO injector cleaner along with fuel.
I am almost at quarter tank now.
The issue is if the car is driven sedately there is no jerk but if the driven hard the jerk is back but not as much as earlier.

Shall I go for injector cleaning with machine or is it anyother problem?
Old 11th August 2011, 22:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Recently I had to replace the injectors on my Marina Dicor. I was given to understand that cleaning the injectors is not a very good idea as they blow compressed air at high pressure which only momentarily declog the pores but doesnt last long. The only lasting solution is replacement. But before you decide you can get your injectors checked at your *** and see if its the issue. I am told even exposing injectors to air contaminates the pores and leads to injector failure. How true I dont know.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Pune is a big place. Any big A.S.S. should have these. And injector cleaning machine is rather cheap now.
The 2 A.S.S I went to flushed tank with liquid and said it was more than enough and the other said there is no need

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
PS: Also please post details of cars, model year, Odo reading, and problem you are facing in details.
Car - 5 speed 12 valve maruti 800
Its about 11 years old and with 85000 Kms so far.
There is no specific issue at all, I'm seeing my car after 6 years and was in process of restoring it to factory like peak condition..
Just wanted to refresh the whole car-it just make me feel good to see the small car running well
I just finished doing these - New yoko tyres,TB cleaning,tappet setting, synthetic oil, new air filter, new AC, new brake pads, gearbox oil,bushings, new free flow exhaust, timing belt, new bulbs etc
Just wanted to make sure the injectors are also clean..
Old 12th August 2011, 14:53   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
Just wanted to make sure the injectors are also clean..
Co-incidentally, I picked up a 2003 5-Speed 800 two weeks ago and have to get injectors, TB cleaned, Plugs changed. Will be heading to Tune Up Plus Baner this weekend to get it done. Link.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 19:55   #39
BHPian

Advice needed on injector cleaning?

Hi everyone, I urgently need some help with my Swift Dzire. Please excuse if this question has been asked somewhere else. Maruti guys are awaiting a call from me to confirm the repairs.

Here is the issue. After my last service around two months ago, I didnt drive the car much except for a few very short trips on weekends. When I did start driving the car, a light came up. The mechanic said the engine oil needed to be changed. The mechanic also said that the oil filter needs to be replaced. I got that done and the light wasnt blinking anymore. However, when I started driving the car, I noticed a sound in the first two gears. It felt as if something was either loose or getting stuck somewhere. Also, my car had starting trouble for the first time in last two years. It would take ten to fifteen self to get the car started. The pick up and mileage is affected and the car is making different noise while reversing and taking sharp turns.

Here is what the Paramount service station for Maruti in Mira Road is telling me. They have told me that one out of the four fuel injectors is choked up very badly and will need to be cleaned. They said that in entire mumbai there are only two machines to clean the injectors and they will need to send it to Vashi. I have been told that the cost to clean this will be 11000 which I will have to pay. If the issue still persists, then they will talk to Maruti and claim it under warranty. They have also said that this may also be causing the starting trouble because fuel isnt getting injecting properly. As per them, if this doesnt sort out the starting issue, they will talk to maruti to replace the battery.

I need a second opinion. I am not sure if I have been told the right thing and that I am getting charged correctly. I bought this car in Dec 2009 and it has done 30,000 kms. When I asked what may have caused it, they said either rain water or adulterated diesel or may te tank got rusted and choked the injector.
Old 14th September 2011, 20:01   #40
BHPian

Re: Urgent - Help needed on injector cleaning

I got the Fuel Injectors cleaned of my Swift-LXi as a part of regular service 8 month ago and I was charged Rs 400 for it by Maruti Auth. Service Station. Now I am not sure if it is the same cleaning in your case.
Old 14th September 2011, 20:27   #41
BHPian

Re: Advice needed on injector cleaning?

You should read this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-cleaning.html

From what I gather the machines indeed might be rare and the other option is a using a liquid solution into the fuel to do the cleaning. Folks with prior experience on either might be able to better help
Old 14th September 2011, 20:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you take your car to Vitesse for second opinion. 11k for injector cleaning is way too high. I suspect the person whom you are talking to, means something else.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

did you put in an extra zero, by mistake?

I would strogly suggest a second opinion, or even a visit to something like a bosch/tvs centre.
independent.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Threads merged. Please search before creating new threads as a similar thread might already exist.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th September 2011 at 11:03.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:47   #45
BHPian

Re: Advice needed on Injector cleaning

@ Mayank - I didnt add an extra zero. MASS in Mira Road is charging that much for the job. As per them, the price difference is due to my car being diesel.

Update - I have a friend who used to work in a MASS. He did some digging around and spoke to the service supervisor on my behalf. He used some contacts and now they are quoting 8500 for all the work that needs to be done. My friend recommended to get it done as something as critical as injector cleaning shouldn't be left to unauthorized mechanics in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks