Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 14:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
4. After I drive for few kms (more than 7-8 kms) and park the car, I find the Fan in the bonnet still runs, even after switching off, for few minutes. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem.
That is normal.If you are still confused you can check with the dealer.
It happens on my Fiesta too sometimes. Not to worry.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:54   #17
BANNED

this whole thread has no problems technicaly. its just u who is not used to it. have a 1.4 glx too and no issues at all.
Old 5th December 2007, 15:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

1. The Right side rear fog light is in RED while the left side has it is WHITE (I noticed that it is same with all Logan variants..) Any clue on is this product feature or a manufacturing defect/oversight?

its a rear fog lamp even early ikons matiz sx4 have them

2. When I engage the Right/Left indicator, both indicator LED's on the instrument panel start blinking. According to me only the correct indictaor LED should blink.

Haven't really seen it personally will check my logan for it

3. The car headlight intensity is very dim, but when you engage the high beam it is OK. Accordingto me, the intensity should be better?

Mine is the fully loaded version with fog lamp i find the lights to be ok

4. After I drive for few kms (more than 7-8 kms) and park the car, I find the Fan in the bonnet still runs, even after switching off, for few minutes. Is this normal? If not, what could be the problem.

same here nothing to worry
Old 30th December 2007, 09:50   #19

The issues are true

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushakh View Post
I have bought Mahindra-Renault Logan 1.4 GLX about a month back. I found some issues with it:
I too own a 1.4 GLX

1. The Right side rear fog light is in RED while the left side has it is WHITE (I noticed that it is same with all Logan variants..) Any clue on is this product feature or a manufacturing defect/oversight?
True

2. When I engage the Right/Left indicator, both indicator LED's on the instrument panel start blinking. According to me only the correct indictaor LED should blink.
bad usability

3. The car headlight intensity is very dim, but when you engage the high beam it is OK. Accordingto me, the intensity should be better?
Did you try to adjust the light beam adjusting knob which is actually unreachable while riding

YES, I guess it is normal

I would like to know any of the Logan owners had these issues? Were you able to get it rectified?

share any information you have!

I will be anyway taking the vehicle to service centre for getting above issues problems (if it is indeed a problem) fixed.

You found less problems on your logan
I had made couple of posts on my personal blog, but not sure whether team - bhp members would like this on listing the blog link
I am posting only one link, rest if interested please read.
Mahindra Renault Logan - Usability Explored, Review « vinodvv aka vcube
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:48   #20

In Mumbai, I have noticed most of the Logans have a white patch of paint / coating / sticker (1 foot long) just below the driver side door. Is this a manufacturing defect or what? It looks pretty ugly.
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:18   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Could be a factory paint-protection sticker that someone forgot to take off?
Old 24th January 2008, 01:22   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadictraits View Post
In Mumbai, I have noticed most of the Logans have a white patch of paint / coating / sticker (1 foot long) just below the driver side door. Is this a manufacturing defect or what? It looks pretty ugly.
its just for protection u can remove it when u want but most of the indians dont like to i guess the same way they love plastic on the seats to show its a new car.
jesal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th January 2008, 08:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

All that you experience is just how they manage to give that car at that price!!!

The RED(instead of the White on other side) is supposed to be your Reverse Fog Lamps. Ford gives them on both sides for the fusion (not sure about others). The indicator lights blinking together is to avoid a little bit of circuit and wiring. The headlights must be of low wattage to avoid higher grade wiring.(probably you could try to fix higher wattage bulbs with ceramic holders and better wirings). The fan runs so as to regulate the temperature. Its a safetyfeature. Never knew it was on the Logan. I've never seen it anywhere other than on FIAT cars.
Old 24th January 2008, 09:14   #24

I did not rule out the possibility of it being a "paint protection sticker". But then why would be just a foot long & uneven.

Lolz...Jesal...know about the obsession of Showing of a new car but this looks too awful for that.

Maybe, I am looking into it a bit too much. Nevertheless, will take a picture & post on this forum or even better talk to the actual owner with such a piece, if I can.

Logan was my first option for a new car as its a perfect deal for my usage. Technically, I think its the best option for the price it offers now. Now that they have declared to launch a factory fitted LPG version of the car....shall wait.
Old 16th December 2008, 20:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Could be a factory paint-protection sticker that someone forgot to take off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
its just for protection u can remove it when u want but most of the indians dont like to i guess the same way they love plastic on the seats to show its a new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadictraits View Post
I did not rule out the possibility of it being a "paint protection sticker". But then why would be just a foot long & uneven.
The Logans that you have seen with these white strips must be the GLE/DLE versions.
In the *LX and *LS trims they stick a scuff plate in those locations. And these plates are stuck by a very strong adhesive. So I feel that those white strips are essentially to cover up the adhesives in the base trim. Otherwise imagine the mess that exposed strip of strong adhesive will create in such a location with all the dust and mud sticking to it.
Old 17th December 2008, 00:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
The Logans that you have seen with these white strips must be the GLE/DLE versions.
In the *LX and *LS trims they stick a scuff plate in those locations. And these plates are stuck by a very strong adhesive. So I feel that those white strips are essentially to cover up the adhesives in the base trim. Otherwise imagine the mess that exposed strip of strong adhesive will create in such a location with all the dust and mud sticking to it.
I dont really know the answer to this but I wouldnt imagine that they would apply the adhesive to the base model which doesnt come with the scuff plates. Infact I would be inclined to believe that the white strip is some sort of transit protection for the scuff plates which owners are disinclined to remove - just like the awful plastic seat covers .
Old 4th October 2010, 01:40   #27
BHPian

Some clarifications required.

Digging up an old thread to clarify a couple of issues with my logan, which I have noticed only recently.

1. Engine check warning light - does it glow when you switch on the ignition key?

Does the engine check warning light on the instrument panel glow for a few seconds when you turn on the ignition key? The light looks like the picture below.

Usually when you turn the ignition on, all the warning lights glow for a few seconds and then goes off. In my case now it is the fuel level, battery charging, oil pressure and coolant temperature warning indicators which glow on initially and then goes off after a couple of seconds. And my memory is so great that I am just not being able to remember whether earlier I have seen this EGM indicator on or not, after switching on the ignition.

The owners manual simply says that this indicator, which they are calling as toxic fume filter system warning light " will glow and then go off, in vehicles which are fitted with the system". But nowhere it is mentioned whether my version, i.e. 1.4 GLX, 2008, is fitted with the same or not. But being a 2008 vehicle I would presume that it certainly is fitted with that, because my 2003 Omni had the same warning light. I think that normally it should come on and then go off to assure you that the warning light is functional. But I am worried since it is not coming on at all. So the other petrol logan owners, can you please check whether this light comes on or not when you switch on the ignition. Please confirm ASAP. So that I can go to the service centre if required.

2. When I put the wiper on intermittent mode, there is a slight click click sound of the relay activating and deactivating when the wiper starts and stops, and I don't remember whether I used to get this sound earlier or not. The sound is just audible in the passenger cabin when there is no music playing on your ICE and it comes from the front left hand corner of the cabin. Now though it may be normal but still I want to confirm it from others.

Fellow Logan owners, please help with your replies.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Issues in Mahindra Logan-check.jpg  

Old 4th October 2010, 01:54   #28
BHPian

No need to worry 9tMax. My car (Logan 1.6 GLS) behaves the same way.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:25   #29
BHPian

^^
Thanks Sush, that's a great relief.
So essentially you also never get to see the engine check light glowing, right?
But then how are we going to know if there a fault in the engine control electronics? Any idea?
Old 4th October 2010, 23:36   #30
BHPian

If there is a problem then the light will keep on glowing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks