Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Issues in Mahindra Logan

What went wrong with you Logan would you please share it here for me
As for me mine is in good condition, no problem till date.

Uday

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi Uday,

i got the vehicle with only 8100km on odo. And things quickly start going wrong. Now with only 30356 km on board and a yr and 3 months later , i am selling it tomorrow for half the money i bought it for.

good luck with urs.
I know some taxi operator who has done 410000km on it on original engine running on cng . Has changed 3 throttle body assembly , 3 coils, keeps on buying side mirrors and stuff from scrap dealers around kurla.And the engine is still very good.
Old 6th February 2012, 00:35   #47
BHPian

@Uday,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2379255

add to that very hard clutch. and my bad back and Achilles heel which hurts after half an hour in logan.
The seating is quite low for a tallish sedan. I am six and have this recurring lumbar disc problem.
I can think of 3 vehicles which were very good but didnt do so well on account of manufacturer's greed , ineptness as far as after sales in concerned. also at the manufacturer's end quite low localization. if half of ur important components come from france , brazil, romania then the buyer is doomed as far as service is concerned. add to this fact that all these vehicles were launched atleast half a decade to 1 decades late in india.
Uno, palio , logan. good sturdy well engineered vehicles done to dust because the flawed policy of the makers.
anyway so much for my logan.
good luck with urs.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:12   #48
BHPian

Problem I faced.
On one rainy day suddenly a 'THUD' sound from the front and my driver side wiper stopped working. Went to TVS which was 5 Kms away to found that the wiper arm was broken and spare is not available, even in all local shops in Trivandrum and Quilon.
TVS had to order the wiper assembly from factory and which may cost 8-9 K.

Solution
Took the wiper arm and welded the broken part with an additional reinforcement Iron rod within the wiper arm. Cost for this: Rs 100 to the welder.

AC went selection knob is broken at some point inside the dash board. Haven't done anything to this as they need to remove the entire dash board for repair of this. Due to this the only problem is quick windshield defogging is not possible.

Problems I face - Inherent to the car
1. Lack of thigh support in the driver seat for a six footer.
2. Steering is too low for my comfort and there is no steering adjustment.
3. Clutch is too hard compared to other cars.
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 20:31   #49
BHPian

The spare parts situation is so exasperating that when my HT coil conked off at hardly 12000km or so, i searched all of opera house , sion koliwada for the part. when i failed to get it i actually started thinking along the lines of substituting with a 1.5 lit. engine , HT coil from say OHC or accent. The plug wires are also not available.
now digest this...
I then tried various mahindra dealers. of all the 6 /7 authorized service stations i tried , a thane dealer had the part ( 2009 manufactured ). Others simply offered to order it in a weeks time after keeping me holding the phone for eternity. even big spare part dealers didnt have the resources to procure the part.
also whatever parts they do keep, they sell them like after charging a hefty premium.
By the way to change a 475 rs worth accessory belt , mahindra a.s.s. quote me rs.3800/- and rs.4800/- for timing belt change. the spark plug HT leads quote is Rs. 3800/- plus taxes.
i mean what is wrong with mahindra.
and i shudder to think that if that conks off i shall have no option but to buy from the A.S.S.
The petrol filter i managed to get at shetty motors , charged me 110 over mrp which was 490/-, the damn thing is sourced from BOSCH , made in spain. A stupid plastic filter , nothing fancy trust me.....
HIGHNOON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 08:15   #50
BHPian

Ok here is one of my problem,

Everybody has problem with hard clutch, well mine not so hard, but after initial drive my cars clutch would be hard.
Went to *** and asked them to change the clutch assembly.
Acc. Cable is sticky, asked them to do something about it or change the cable.
Alignment issue.

I will be getting my car today, home delivered, will let you all know about price and what it cost me. This is first major service I have done. Ya forgot one thing, also asked them to change my brake pads.
Will post my experience.
Old 12th February 2012, 21:21   #51
BHPian

I bought the clutch kit - clutch ,, pressure plate and bearing make 'LUk' ( made in Germany ) for 4000/- .pleasantly surprised at the price. finally found a very nice dealer in Navi Mumbai , stocking original logan parts ).
shall get it changed tomorrow.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:25   #52
BHPian

Got my car after 3 days, clutch assembly changed, brake pads and brake disk changed, and also gear oil change.
I am poorer by 20 k. Result is that, car is smooth, clutch is very soft, so far so good.
Now after driving for one week my clutch sometimes becomes hard not an issue but manageable. Now new problem has crop up, my rear driver side door is not opening, well this ti e iwill try local garage.

Anyway, can someone tell me were I can buy my Logan spares cheap in borivali area?
Old 21st February 2012, 13:09   #53
BHPian

This may sound silly, but I have a problem with seat cover of my Logan. Guys need help in getting my back seat cover removed. In my logan I use turkish cloth type seat cover. I could remove the front seat clover , but could not remove the back seat clover, can anybody guide me in removing the seat cover. This involves removing the back seat which I do not know. Or should I take the car to any service centre for this.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:06   #54
BHPian

Hello All,

I just bought a used 8 months, 10k kms done Vertio last week. Very happy with the car so far except:

1) Power steering i hard....almost feels like manual. Is it how it is? or should I get it checked?

2) There is squeky, creaky noise when I move in my driver seat. How to get rid of it?

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers
Anand
Old 16th July 2012, 20:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Hello All,

I just bought a used 8 months, 10k kms done Vertio last week. Very happy with the car so far except:

1) Power steering i hard....almost feels like manual. Is it how it is? or should I get it checked?

2) There is squeky, creaky noise when I move in my driver seat. How to get rid of it?

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers
Anand
Well can you tell me if it's petrol or diesel, all Logan have hard steering. Only top end model have power steering. Learn to drive with it or change tyres to michelin which will help to some extent.
For squeaky noise, spray WD40.

Hope I have resolved your query.
udaydesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 21:12   #56
BHPian

Thanks for replying!!

It is diesel, D-4 variant. Are you saying that this variant does not have power steering.

What is wd40..where can I get it and how much would it cost?

Thanks again!
Old 16th July 2012, 22:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry, the Logan/Verito has a slightly heavy steering & that is similar to Ford Figo. The lightest steerings in my opinion are from Maruti or Hyundai. And the D4 has power steering, even D2 has it.

And about WD40, it is a Water displacement & lubrication solution. It comes in spray cans & helps protect components against rust while providing a little lubrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Thanks for replying!!

It is diesel, D-4 variant. Are you saying that this variant does not have power steering.

What is wd40..where can I get it and how much would it cost?

Thanks again!
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 11:11   #58
BHPian

hi anand , my replies are highlighted....

power steering feels more weighted than the eps in maruti / over assisted tata steerings . but cant possibly be as heavy as manual . get it checked.

get the seat removed and have the bracket / pin which connects the rachet the the adjusting lever , checked and welded ( electric ).
its so flimsy , its unreal.... guage is appalling low
i have had this thing broken twice. now secure with excellent weld. that 'll solve ur problem.

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers
Anand[/quote]
HIGHNOON is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 15:15   #59
BHPian

@ Udaydeasai, Highnoon, blackfire 9 - Thanks all for your inputs!

One more question - I feel the AC is little weak...@ speed 1 - it hardly cools; @ speed 2 - not cool enough, nosiey blower. # speed 3 - cooling adequte, but I cannot hear anything apart from the blower.

Is this inherent Verito/Logan thing or the problem is with my 8 monhts old, 10k kms car?

Cheers
Anand
Attached Images

Last edited by anandkumargb : 17th July 2012 at 15:22. Reason: forgot the photo
Old 25th July 2012, 22:09   #60
BHPian

Got the 2nd service done at Sireesh Auto on Marthhalli at 10, 000 kms.

Problems reported:

AC ineffective -- solved
Hard steering --- Unsolved
Squeky noise in the driver seat - unsolved
Tyre rotation - Not done
Brakes weak - solved
Car was given unwashed, apparently the washing motor had broken down.

Total bill Rs 5, 500

Brake pads - 2000
Diesel filter - 2000
AC filter - 300
Engine oil - 800
Air filter - 300
Power steering oil - 100
Cheers

Last edited by anandkumargb : 25th July 2012 at 22:10. Reason: na

Most Viewed