Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 16:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues in Mahindra Logan

Thanks for posting the details on the servicing costs. Most of the things look alright, however, I am a little surprised to see the diesel filter costing more than that of Ford Figo, Maruti DDiS twins & the Liva D.

I guess there is some truth in what I have always heard about this car, which is the high cost of spare parts (relatively).

Good luck with the car, drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Got the 2nd service done at Sireesh Auto on Marthhalli at 10, 000 kms.

Problems reported:

AC ineffective -- solved
Hard steering --- Unsolved
Squeky noise in the driver seat - unsolved
Tyre rotation - Not done
Brakes weak - solved
Car was given unwashed, apparently the washing motor had broken down.

Total bill Rs 5, 500

Brake pads - 2000
Diesel filter - 2000
AC filter - 300
Engine oil - 800
Air filter - 300
Power steering oil - 100
Cheers

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 26th July 2012 at 16:16.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Total bill Rs 5, 500

Brake pads - 2000
Diesel filter - 2000
Cheers
The brake pads (unknown make) and diesel filter (delphi) are available outside for Rs 1000 and Rs 1100 respectively.
Old 13th October 2012, 17:36   #63
BHPian

Hello All,

Need help - When I tried to install Autocop in my Verito Diesel. The guy said he cannot install in Verito. Apparently I need to get a part (condenser or something) installed from Mahindra and then he can install the autocop/remote locking. The guy says that if he installs also, the alarm wont go off if I opened the door using the key when it is locked via Autocop. Some such issue, he mentioned..I dont clearly recollect now.

Has anyone faced this issue? Need advice from peopl who have installed the Autocop/remote locking.

Also, want know what should be the tyre pressue for Diesel Verito. The meter on the Air station suggests 32 Psi on all wheels...the reading on my driver door suggests 29 psi.

Thanks
Anand
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:06   #64
BHPian

Guys,

Could anyone please reply to my above post? Want to install the autocop badly..
Old 4th November 2012, 19:15   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb
Hello All,

Need help - When I tried to install Autocop in my Verito Diesel. The guy said he cannot install in Verito. Apparently I need to get a part (condenser or something) installed from Mahindra and then he can install the autocop/remote locking. The guy says that if he installs also, the alarm wont go off if I opened the door using the key when it is locked via Autocop. Some such issue, he mentioned..I dont clearly recollect now.

Has anyone faced this issue? Need advice from peopl who have installed the Autocop/remote locking.

Also, want know what should be the tyre pressue for Diesel Verito. The meter on the Air station suggests 32 Psi on all wheels...the reading on my driver door suggests 29 psi.

Thanks
Anand
Verito has a digital engine Immobilizer and does not require a autocop
Old 5th November 2012, 16:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Could anyone please reply to my above post? Want to install the autocop badly..
I think usually the co. fitted central lock is used by the autocop and they fit only the alarm console , the rest is factory fit. i am not aware of any part needed to fit autocop in logan which already has coded keys on the immobilizer. i shall nevertheless check it up.
Old 5th November 2012, 18:07   #67
BHPian

Put the futura P+ ( 5W-30 = API SN rated) oil in my 1.6 lit engine. earlier had 10w-30 Bosch. Immediate difference noted ( not placebo... ) low speed driveability improved, more smoother ,quieter even in CNG )
Shall start extending my oil change interval to 1 yr. with only filter change and topup. the oil is hybrid synthetic and specified interval of 25000 km is claimed.
first impression is good. lets see at the first filter change.
I used to change oil @ 5000km which i was doing in 2.5 months.
enough pampering i say.
I shall shift to better oil and full specified interval. The manufacturer on the TOTAL made oil has a 10000km/ 1yr interval.
I am going to push that with much better oil and 2 filter changes and topup only.
lets see.
Old 6th January 2014, 19:50   #68
BHPian

Digging this old thread, recently facing lots of problem in my logan. My speedometer is not working properly, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, what would be the problem.
Second issue, my wiper linkages i.e the arm inside the bonet is broken, is it possible to weld it as new weeper assembly will cost me around 8K.

Uday
Old 7th January 2014, 19:22   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Digging this old thread, recently facing lots of problem in my logan. My speedometer is not working properly, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, what would be the problem.
Second issue, my wiper linkages i.e the arm inside the bonet is broken, is it possible to weld it as new weeper assembly will cost me around 8K.

Uday
Speedometer cable may be faulty and the wiper assembly can be welded I think, within this thread someone has welded it if my memory serves me right.
musicmanaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 12:42   #70
BHPian

In my case the arm was broken at the middle, where its hollow. If we simply weld there, the area for welding will be less and will break again. The method we used was like this
1. Drill through holes above and below the broken area.
2. Inserted an iron rod in the open area in the broken arm.
3. Welded the broken arms to the inserted iron rod through the holes made.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
my wiper linkages i.e the arm inside the bonet is broken, is it possible to weld it as new weeper assembly will cost me around 8K.

Uday
Old 8th January 2014, 19:32   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
In my case the arm was broken at the middle, where its hollow. If we simply weld there, the area for welding will be less and will break again. The method we used was like this
1. Drill through holes above and below the broken area.
2. Inserted an iron rod in the open area in the broken arm.
3. Welded the broken arms to the inserted iron rod through the holes made.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos then.
Vinod,
Thx, but can you please explain the first point, I did not understood that point.

Uday
Old 9th January 2014, 12:27   #72
BHPian

Uday

Attaching a picture for more clarity.
Please make sure that welding is done after proper alignment of both the pieces, the excess welding material is removed by grinding and then paint the area with primer.
Attached Thumbnails
Issues in Mahindra Logan-logan-wiper.jpg  

vinodv001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 21:59   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
Uday

Attaching a picture for more clarity.
Please make sure that welding is done after proper alignment of both the pieces, the excess welding material is removed by grinding and then paint the area with primer.
Great, thank you very much, you just saved my 8k.
Old 24th January 2014, 19:20   #74
BHPian

Hi uday,
After having spent a considerable amount on the upkeep of my logan, I sold my logan to a contractor of mine who even after being warned in detail, wouldn't take no for an answer.
In the past 4 months since he has it, it has had a number of breakdowns and currently the vehicle is in Rajasthan in dire need of some unavailable part.....:
Thank god I am out of it.....
One has to do jugaad pe jugaad if u happen to be owners of Palio, logan, Opel And some such ....
When I had it I have on three occasions ordered parts from abroad. I have since then shifted back to good old tata (vista), maruti (wagon r)and mahindra (xylo) . No more European or Korean cars for me from here on.
Be indian buy indian and live with the shortcomings if any. Rather than pouring ur hard earned money down a deep hole
Old 28th August 2015, 13:25   #75
BHPian

Hi friends,

I have a 2011 mahindra verito aka logan. I was 'feeling' that the steering is hard and brakes are not up to the mark. so,

For brakes - got the replacement done and now running on bosch pads. these costed me about 800-900rs and 200rs labor on FNG. but, after the change, i strted feeling that these were not as good as earlier. so, got them checked, cleaned at another FNG and then also at Sterling motors - all of them said that brakes were fine (pads, disks, oil, pressure etc etc).

For steering, FNG guys were hesitant to do anything. I had to visit Sterling motors and they checked using diagnostic tools that the steering pump was ok - RPMs were fine. There was no reason to be concerned. They checked mechanical parts and these were fine as well. So, they lubricated the front shock absorber mounts. and wow - the steering feels much better. Not that its as light as other cars, but still much smoother than before.

Regards,
Abhishek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks