Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 14:04   #31
BHPian

i dont buy this fact that use of CNG damages the engine. We must not forget that CNG is a higher octane fuel than petrol and it will always be beneficial for bigger engines. The only risk involved here is the installation done by the CNG dealer because it could lead to power loss, low/fluctuating rpms at idle and vibrations/jerks if not done properly. However if properly installed with either sequential injectors or closed loop(depending on your budget) it will result in a stable and almost petrol driven performance car.
The other important fact is that you will require constant maintenance of your car to keep it running smoothly on CNG i.e change of air filters, cleaning up of throttle body, injectors and spark plugs etc. at regular basis.

Two of my cars, Santro and OHC 1.5 are already running on CNG and with my honda i have had absolutely no problems till date and its been more than a year now when my honda was converted to CNG and since than i haven't even visited my installer again. Its not even closed loop and still i get almost same performance on CNG.
With Santro i faced some problems which were related to spark plugs and throttle intake, but all those problems occured because the installation was not done properly by the dealer and thats why in case of my honda i changed the dealer which was recommended by a friend of mine.

So i would say go ahead with the conversion but get it done by an experienced installer. It depends almost entirely on the competency and the ability of the installer.

Cheers mate!
Old 29th August 2009, 14:13   #32

Hey guyz, i need help from you people.

I am planning to buy a second hand car for myself. Just yesterday i was offered a 2003 december model honda accord 2.4 AT, but as everybody knows automatics dont provide that good mileage. So i though of getting a cng kit fitted in this car, but somewhere down the line i heard that cng kits are not successfull in automatics, is it true??? If yes then please suggest me what should i do as my daily running is around 100kms and i cant afford to go that distance everyday in a car which gives only 8 to 9 km/litre.

Please help me out here people as i need to get a car within 3 days, time is less and lots of work to do? Thanks in advance.

P.S. mods, i tried to open a new thread for this but it just dint work. so i've posted it here.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2009 at 16:06. Reason: Readability, take time to type in full english using proper punctuation. Thanks
san316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 19:12   #33

Re: Honda Accord on CNG!!!!!!

Hi
Am thinking about converting a 2005 Cr-V AT to CNG.
This is for city driving, in Bombay, so supply will not be an issue.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Amitabh
Old 28th April 2013, 16:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
i dont buy this fact that use of CNG damages the engine. We must not forget that CNG is a higher octane fuel than petrol and it will always be beneficial for bigger engines. The only risk involved here is the installation done by the CNG dealer because it could lead to power loss, low/fluctuating rpms at idle and vibrations/jerks if not done properly. However if properly installed with either sequential injectors or closed loop(depending on your budget) it will result in a stable and almost petrol driven performance car.
The other important fact is that you will require constant maintenance of your car to keep it running smoothly on CNG i.e change of air filters, cleaning up of throttle body, injectors and spark plugs etc. at regular basis.

Two of my cars, Santro and OHC 1.5 are already running on CNG and with my honda i have had absolutely no problems till date and its been more than a year now when my honda was converted to CNG and since than i haven't even visited my installer again. Its not even closed loop and still i get almost same performance on CNG.
With Santro i faced some problems which were related to spark plugs and throttle intake, but all those problems occured because the installation was not done properly by the dealer and thats why in case of my honda i changed the dealer which was recommended by a friend of mine.

So i would say go ahead with the conversion but get it done by an experienced installer. It depends almost entirely on the competency and the ability of the installer.

Cheers mate!
Its not very common to install CNG in a V-Tech engine car,but people here are still doing.I have very limited idea about cng cars and I need help from members here to help me decide whether or not to buy a cng running honda accord.

To be honest I don't like small cars,and I am seeing two cng converted automatic Honda Accord post 2004 models 2.4l.Now what kind of mileage and maintenance am I looking at.

And is it wise at all to buy a cng converted accord.I am getting both the cars at around 2.5lakhs which is a great deal any day,cars are in excellent condition and test drive proved to be good as well.Only downs were lag in pick up,ac took a bit longer to chill and the engine became quite hot quite quick.

Guys help me decide.

Cheers.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:21   #35
BHPian

Mine was a non vtec version, the earliest batch of 1.5 Honda City back in '98. She ran like a dream on CNG!!!

My suggestion to you would be to search for a well maintained Honda Accord 2.4 which has not been converted into CNG yet. CNG cars generally require regular maintenance as well as care. Owners generally have tendency to over use the cars post CNG conversion and chances are that which ever car you might consider would shows signs of over use and abuse!

Try to pick up a clean and well maintained non CNG Honda Accord and get it fitted with the latest CNG technology i.e. sequential fitment. Be assured that the car will run as good as on petrol. The power loss will be minimal and you wont feel any lag or vibrations whatsoever.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Mine was a non vtec version, the earliest batch of 1.5 Honda City back in '98. She ran like a dream on CNG!!!

My suggestion to you would be to search for a well maintained Honda Accord 2.4 which has not been converted into CNG yet. CNG cars generally require regular maintenance as well as care. Owners generally have tendency to over use the cars post CNG conversion and chances are that which ever car you might consider would shows signs of over use and abuse!

Try to pick up a clean and well maintained non CNG Honda Accord and get it fitted with the latest CNG technology i.e. sequential fitment. Be assured that the car will run as good as on petrol. The power loss will be minimal and you wont feel any lag or vibrations whatsoever.

Thanks for the information bro,any suggested place to get sequential CNG?And any idea how much the kit costs including installation?

And what kind of mileage can I expect when running on CNG.Other than spark plugs,engine oil,what maintenance is required?Please elaborate
Old 5th January 2016, 15:26   #37
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th January 2016 at 11:24.
MrIncredible is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks