Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 19:14   #16
BHPian

Thanks alot guys...
@Jaggu the air filter, oil filter is changed, yes dint change the fuel filter would do the same, as u said planning to get the carb completely serviced i guess weekend is best day for it, I'm not into FFE guys Because i love the car when is silent like feather as the Esteem is the best one to enjoy that way.

And one more thing my front bumper bracket which is on the left hand side (a small one from body to bumper)is broken and I am not able to get the same even at showroom so that means checked every place, I really need help on that as well.

Thanks again.
Old 12th February 2010, 11:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

You can get an alternate clamp made using aluminum or steel plate piece for that clamp.
Old 17th February 2010, 01:06   #18
BHPian

Hi friends..it was just that the Main jet and pilot jet was clogged, thanks to RM even got the bumper clamp, just that need to check with tuning again as the RPM touch 1.5k whn the A/c is switched on
Old 18th February 2010, 20:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
Hi friends..it was just that the Main jet and pilot jet was clogged,
see,I told you it was a problem with the jets changeover

Quote:
just that need to check with tuning again as the RPM touch 1.5k whn the A/c is switched on
if rpm jumps momentarily to 1500 and then stabilises at approx 900-950,it is ok.There is a mechanism at the carb that increases the throttle opening when the ac is switched on.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

hi everyone,
i drive a zen 2002 with a pipercross air filter, ngk iridium spark plugs, a ffe with a stock end can and an enlarged throttle body. im facing a problem similar to monster2. When i start the car it idles at 1800-2000rpm at times and within a minute the rpm falls below 750 and the accelerator pedal feels lifeless as though it is not pressed at all irrespective of 1st or 2nd gear( even if completely pressed) and the after a few wild and kind of noisy jerks the car gains momentum and then i enjoy a butter smooth ride. My question is that what could possibly be the problem as i have bought a filter as well as changed the plugs?? Mind you i have these mods since a year and a half and used to face this situation now and then randomly but lately experience it almost every time i start the car. What should i do??? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 28th February 2010, 00:55   #21
BHPian

HI S2....Mine was a carb, car however i did face the same in my Corsa the way u describing it, 02 zen should be mpfi, get the injectors cleaned and also the pipercross filter, even if this doesnt help try to use the car with the std Bosch sparkplug that might be the probs as to my knowledge u are using the ngk on the stock Plug wire right?
Old 28th February 2010, 23:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI S2....Mine was a carb, car however i did face the same in my Corsa the way u describing it, 02 zen should be mpfi, get the injectors cleaned and also the pipercross filter, even if this doesnt help try to use the car with the std Bosch sparkplug that might be the probs as to my knowledge u are using the ngk on the stock Plug wire right?
yes it is an mpfi zen and yes the plugs are being used with stock wires. But how does that make a difference or does it?? Will be takin the car to the garage on tues and will surely get the injectors as well as the filter cleaned. Thanks for the reply
Old 2nd March 2010, 05:21   #23
BHPian

yes the plugs are being used with stock wires. But how does that make a difference or does it??

Hi S2..

It does make a difference some times in case the NGk was not the right number, moreover is never more spark which you get with the After market Plug wire. Best of luck I hope it helps
Old 10th April 2010, 14:13   #24
BHPian

Esteem starting problem when parked in sun !

Not sure whether this requires a new thread so bumped up this one.

I have a 2005 Esteem with 49 K on the odo. Car performs beautifully with good average. Now to my wierd problem.

Last Saturday, while starting, car started, and then died. I was in a hurry so pressed the acclerator and started the car. Same thing hapeened twice on the same run. As the car was due for a service, took the car to the friendly neighbourhood MASS the same afternoon where the lady behaved with perfect manners. I asked them to leave it standing in the sun, but no problems. Any way, got the car serviced and was happy thinking that could be due to the low level in the petrol tank. All filters were cleaned.
Same thing happened yesterday. I had just switched off the engine and while restarting the same thing happened.

Sequence of events ; Press clutch, start the car, car cranks and starts, rpm shoots to around 1500 then falls to 600, 300 and 0. If the car is started again, it justs cranks till I press the accelarator slightly. To prevent it from dying down again, I keep the pedal pressed till the engine stabilises.
This problem happens only when the engine is HOT.
MASS is also scratching their head about this.

Solutions anyone ?

PS I think the IAC could be the issue here but MASS says it is OK. Any pointers on how to check it?
Old 17th April 2010, 12:47   #25
BHPian

Responses requested guys!

I am afraid the car might get stalled somewhere.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:21   #26

Carb'd Esteem starting problems

Mods: I was unable to find any other thread which dealt with the exact same or largely similar problem that I am facing, hence I am creating this thread. If a thread already exists, Kindly merge. Thanks!

The following problem is being faced in a '98 carbureted Esteem:

When I start the car in the morning, I need to keep the accelerator pressed and keep the revs at about 1500 rpm or else the engine shuts off. Even with the accelerator pressed, the idling varies (its not constantly at 1500 rpm) It shifts a little below, once or twice while idling at 1500 rpm the engine just shut off.

If i get the rpm anything below 1500, the engine shuts off, and i need to re-follow the entire procedure described above.

I have been to a nearby mechanic who serviced the carburetor, put in a new carburetor kit, leaned out the air-fuel mix and cleaned (and decreased the gap) the sparkplugs.

My building compound is speed breaker central and i have to cross about 6 (each one bigger than the previous one) of them to get my car out of the main gate, if I don't idle the engine for about 2 mins, the car stalls at each and every one of them.

The car had an issue earlier wherein it would stall while running, this was fixed with the carburetor servicing, however the start-up issue still persists.

Some other details about the car:
I have recently bought it second hand.
It has an LPG kit installed. I run the car on LPG, but ensure that I switch to petrol atleast 2-3kms before stopping the car (hence I start on petrol and switch to LPG after driving for about 2-3kms).
The car runs perfectly well now, albeit once warmed up.

Would appreciate any advice, pointers from the Gurus.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 18th November 2010, 12:37   #27
Team-BHP Support

Your car needs a proper tune up, it seems the carb low speed circuit is blocked.

For any second hand purchase a complete tune up and service is a good idea, to sort out such small issues. By this time you would have noted the issues that needs to be attended to, right time to take it to a good authorized garage and get it serviced fully. Once you do that find a reliable gas installer and get him to tune the LPG mode also.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:50   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Your car needs a proper tune up, it seems the carb low speed circuit is blocked.
Thanks Jaggu, Ill get it checked at MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
find a reliable gas installer and get him to tune the LPG mode also.
Does anyone know any LPG tuner I can turn to in the Mumbai suburbs?

Cheers,
Dave

Most Viewed