Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 20:42   #16
BHPian

hey thanks for all your help guys just to add to this that i have taken help of another machanic and got my tappit fixed as it was loose which has solved the problem of the tappit noise and with regard to the noise of the squeaking sound i'm gona try dd's idea about the soap as i'm a techinical person who knows how to deal with cars and bikes and i'm not a layman to automobiles so will do things and reply.
.thanks once again.
Old 12th December 2007, 21:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

okie but if its a loose belt, wont a simple tensioner adjustment fix it?
Old 13th December 2007, 05:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
yeah thats what even i thought but his mechanic has done everything else!!!
Old 13th December 2007, 05:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes, maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Jaggu, tensioners themselves go bad with surprisng frequency. Also, the pulleys can get out of allignment with each other on some vehicles causing the belt to rub on the rims of the pulleys hence squeeking and wearing. And, of course, the belt can just wear, causing the problem.
In the west mech shops have a special spray chemical aerosol can that they spray onto the belt to see if they can stop the squeek that way; this is a little safer.
Old 13th December 2007, 06:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Almost forgot

I almost forgot, the other ominous thing that can cause a belt to squeek or squeel is if one of the pulleys is beginning to seize up. E.G. if the alternator, A/C or water pump is losing its bearings or beginning to seize up the effected pulley will not turn so easily and the belt will slip across it causing a squeel. But this is not so common and often the operator will know from other symtoms that something is not working right.
Old 14th December 2007, 18:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

agree to most of the above, regarding the tensioner if its gone bad then the belt will get loose right?

alignment in an esteem engine if "off" then belt slippage (coming of the pulley) is almost sure.

any competent mechanic who visually check the belt can identify the above.

and the pulleys going bad already i have posted, i had a bad exp with AC comp clutch going kaput causing a partial cease of the comp and resulting in belt screeching, but that screech is way too loud to miss.

from what i understand, the current issue is more of a minor squeak, this can be a bad pulley or even a water pump about to give away, again it should be evident at idle. esteem and zen water pump inherently have a "humm" which is very evident at idle.

anyways i think enough of me speculating and i shall wait for hell boy to update.
Old 14th December 2007, 18:49   #22
BHPian

hey guys all things have been done and thing are fine now as i went and changer the water pump and the pulley for that so cheers guys she's back
and running as new.
THANKS

Most Viewed