Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 20:52   #1
Thomas T

whistling sound

Hi guys...

i own a indica v2 and i have a small trouble with it.after i give it a thorough wash including the under body, the car makes a whistling noise when it is started. but after a few seconds its gone. so last time i gave the car for a check up i told them about this complaint. they looked into it and said that the ball joint was faulty and they changed it. but even after that the car gives the same kind of noise when it is started after a thorough wash.
this sound lasts for a longer time when the car is taken out on a rainy day.

please help. its very irritating to hear that noise.

Old 12th December 2007, 22:30   #2
BHPian

Is it a whistling sound or a squealing sound. Many indicas have some problem with the belt and they make a very loud squealing noise.
Old 13th December 2007, 02:18   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if its always after a wash or during rains,it could be that there is water on the belt which causes it to create a noise.As soon as it gets warmed up,the noise disappears.
Old 14th December 2007, 10:15   #4
BHPian

Yes, looks like it is a belt problem. My Wagon R had it a couple of months back and it was annoying to say the least. After bearing with the torture for a month I decided to take it to the service station. The technician took only a couple of minutes to fix it (I think he tightened the belt) and they didn't charge me anything. The problem hasn't reappeared since.

Now that it is fixed, funnily I am missing all those attention I used to get whenever I started off in my car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks