Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 07:28   #16
BHPian

Is it ok to use different fuel in your car? So far have been using SPEED and did not think of a change in type of fuel filled in my Santro. However after raeding all above comments, I am now thinking to change to some other fuel for better performance & pick.

Although I am pretty satisfied with current perforrmance & pick up, but still want to try out some other recommonded fuel, may be shell or IOC.

But hopefully there should not be any sort of damage to either engine or parts upon using different fuel. I am under impression that frequent change of fuel type will lead to damage to your engine. Is it true?

Can someone please guide on this?
Old 18th December 2007, 09:43   #17
BHPian

Well. I don't think changing fuel brands should be an issue as long as the fuel stations are not selling you adulterated fuel. But it is always better to stick to one brand for a longer duration to see a good performance. And also try to fill it in the same fuel station.
Arun
Old 18th December 2007, 11:30   #18
BHPian

I am reminded of the Ramar Pillai Petrol. Does anyone in this forum remember that saga of Ramar Pillai extracting fuel from herbs? Later it was termed as cheating. But that guy was very famous at that time. Dont know what he is upto nowadays....
Old 18th December 2007, 11:45   #19
BHPian

HI
MY vote too goes for IOC 91 octane as I have used all the other brands for my santro xing & OHC 1.5 EXI & IOC 91 octane has been so far the best for my car
Old 18th December 2007, 13:02   #20
BHPian

I think we should take a voting to decide which one is the best. Going by the responses so far, majority feels that IOC Extra Premium is good. I am also using the same. It sure feels good to be part of the majority.
Old 18th December 2007, 14:37   #21
BHPian

Both my cars (Matiz and NHC) run on unleaded normal petrol from Shell. Pretty good quality and service.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:44   #22
BHPian

Is it worth paying the extra bucks for the so called 'Better Fuels'? Do these fuels actually act on your car's engine or more on your psyche? The increase in FE, how many of us have actually noticed a mark difference. The difference should at least be enough to justify the extra Re that U are paying for it.
My experience with IOC has been horrible. After filling my Zen with the same, the engine actually started knocking. May be the problem could be with the fuel station, but overall I dont find that much of a difference.
I was however recommended by some 1 from one of the oil, majors to follow a pattern of filling 1st time Speed and unleaded for other 3 times. This of course was his opinion.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:44   #23
BHPian

Do we have any kind of research reports carried out by reliable agencies on the best fuel for the cars ?
Old 19th December 2007, 17:10   #24

BP extra premium is what i use on my Vtec have been using it for more than 3 yrs and so far have been really satisified.
Old 19th December 2007, 17:31   #25
BHPian

Normal fuel is best fuel

I use normal petrol, and I think that is the only fuel for Indian cars. Isn't that? Somewhere in this forum it was explained (I think by turbo_sam) that how high octane doesn't help Indian version of engines performance.

So I stick to normal fuel only.
Old 19th December 2007, 17:48   #26
BHPian

I use Shell unleaded when in Bangalore and while I am in Mysore ad Coorg i prefer IOC Extra premium.
Old 19th December 2007, 21:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

I use only Speed from BP for my car & bike in Chennai. After moving to Bangalore, I use only Shell normal. I have never fueled it in other pumps so far.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
Do we have any kind of research reports carried out by reliable agencies on the best fuel for the cars ?
Dont know of any research reports but something on the lines of premium vs Normal fuel was posted by GTO

How Speed93 actually works out cheaper

Its an Year old Article though.
Old 28th July 2014, 18:36   #29
BHPian

Re: Which is the Best Brand of Petrol for your car?

I am using normal unleaded Petrol from BP outlet for the past 5 years.
Now, I plan to move over to Shell Unleaded soon.
Can I fill up the tank with Shell while some 5 ltr of BP petrol still in tank? Is it ok if the different brands mix?
Old 28th July 2014, 21:04   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which is the Best Brand of Petrol for your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Is it ok if the different brands mix?
Absolutely no issues. Go ahead, only thing to be careful while filling fuel is to find a good bunk. Nothing else.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks