Team-BHP - Removing Paint Scratches ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Removing Paint Scratches ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/3274-removing-paint-scratches.html)

hey pl.. 2day while goin back home... i scratched my car on the left side of the fender.. my silver accent .. a little paint is out.. and theres a small scratch too...
wad do i do
well it hapnd such that a rick in front of me on a speed breaker took a sudden left and there was a cyclist on the left he crashed in to him and then it came back frm the speed breaker and i was there though the speed was minimum ... it came back and i braked a second late so got that scratch .. my fault too coz i was lookin at the cyclists leg for a second...ppl plz temme wadto do .. do i need to do some paint job.. like a minor one..plz temme as soon as possible wanna fix it by tomo..

well try some rubbing compound to remove the scratches !! take a dry cloth and rub the rubbing compound over the scratches ..wait for a little while and then with a fresh cloth rub on the scratch again !! as for the paint - if its not noticeable good ..else take the car to a guy who knows what he is doing with minor touch up- coz if the paint doesnt match the original color it mite look uglier..

all d best pal

cheers

thnx man .. but rubbin compound as in wad do i use ...cud u suggest plzzz

cheatingdeath:
goto any Automobile store and ask for Rubbing Compound.. also buy a Wax Polish along-with it to use after you've used the Rubbing Compound.. yours is a Silver colour so it'll be difficult to get the exact finish else I would have suggested to buy a small spray paint bottle but with the Silver colour it will stand out..
alternatively contact moderator Aditya - he got some effective minor Scratch Remover from a certain website.. that should help..

ad

ok cool thnx aah78 ... tats a really explains it all

cheatingdeath

You could use GS27 scratch remover ..its pretty good Aditya has the same one and so do I

Dippy

If the scratch does not go with rubing compound, match some nail paint(available at cosmetic store) and fill it up in the scratched area.

Can any body tell me where i can get this GS27 in bangalore ?

Thanks
Tabrez

GS 27 ok sounds get and i guess avaliabilityis pretty good.. hmm.. igot a touch up done by a local guy ... he used a good rubbing compuond... he painted it with a brush to fill up and charged me nothin but then i gave him a couple fer his work .. and the rubbing compound worked...now fer the minor scratches remainin i will try
GS27..cool
thnx guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Use good old brasso over the scratch, a little less abrasive than normal rubbing compound and then polish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
cheatingdeath

You could use GS27 scratch remover ..its pretty good Aditya has the same one and so do I

Dippy

Does GS27 really Work.?I remember seeing it a while ago for Rs. 600/- But wasnt too sure if it would work or not. does it really work?

Hey guys some kids(mongrels I should call them) wrote explitives on the car. I got the rubbing compound and rubbed and rubbed but I think they used a blade or something(we have kids in the apartment complex who deserve capitol punishment). So now I am stuck. I took it to the roadside paintwallah as well as tatas, both say get the entire bonnet painted, something I want to avoid unless absolutely necessary.
So I was wondering wether we have touchup pens available here in India. Mine is a black indica so color matching should not be much of a problem. Anything more I can try? Nail polish idea looks good but after couple of washes it will go away.

Its really hard to get these things off... as they are not really on paint's surface... but through it.
I have the word "s_x" engraved on my Wagon R's bonnet.... and nothing helps. Even any touch-up becomes very visible.... on these dark colours.

My Santro is Black in color & inspite of being careful there these thin micro scratches (?) evident on the body of the car. I've tried wax polishing but apparently it doesn't seem to help a lot... Will this rubbing compound remove those scratches?

Hey guys!!

I'm literally on the verge of dying here!

Some 'abomination/s on the name of humans' scratched my brand new i20!!!:Frustrati

I literally had tears in my eyes when i saw the scratches!!

Please tell me how can I make them disappear/repair completely without expensive touch ups or whole panel re-painting(the car is 2 weeks old!)

1st pic shows a scratch on the bonnet

2nd pic shows a scratch on the rear left fender

Please help!!please: