Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 11:33   #1
BHPian

Fuel gauge & pump issues in Matiz

Hi,

I have a 2000 model Matiz. I am having issues with my Fuel gauge. Even with full tank of petrol, the gauge is always at the empty position. Checked with the service center and they told me that it's the problem with fuel pump.

Can someone tell, where to source the fuel pump?

Thanks,
Muralisk
Old 18th December 2007, 13:32   #2
BHPian

Why dont you ask the dealers themsleves? After all it is their duty to get the problem sorted out. Right? I don't understand onething. If the fuel pump is having a problem, how is that it is able to pump fuel to your engine from the tank? The problem may be with the fuel level sensor in your tank. The level sensing circuit is broken somewhere. That may be the reason why the level sensor is not able to send a signal to the Fuel gauge thus your fuel gauge is showing empty position always. This is my guess. Please take your car to some other workshop/dealer to find out the real cause.
Arun
Old 18th December 2007, 19:27   #3

Fuel Pump and Float sensor

In Matiz, the electric fuel pump and Fuel gauge(Float level sensor) comes as a single unit. As seen in many Matiz cars, It's a usual problem. You may have to replace the entire unit, anyone may be out of order. To replace also there is non availability of a Guenie Product from the manufacturer. Else manage with the same for sometime, there may be availability of spares of matiz as Spark is in Market.

With regards
Old 18th December 2007, 19:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Not sure if it is the fuel pump has gone bad. But, if you want to source it try talking to Bangalore Motor Works in Audogodi. He was able to quickly source a driveshaft for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
Why dont you ask the dealers themsleves?
Dealers?? What dealers? There are no Daewoo dealers around!

Last edited by Su-47 : 18th December 2007 at 20:02.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Hi,

I have a 2000 model Matiz. I am having issues with my Fuel gauge. Even with full tank of petrol, the gauge is always at the empty position. Checked with the service center and they told me that it's the problem with fuel pump.
Muralisk, you have been mis-led.
If your car is running, be ASSURED that the fuel pump is OK.
If the fuel gauge is not showing level, the problem is with the level sensor. That MIGHT involve having to open up the fuel tank (not familiar with Matiz), or it could be just a circuit problem.
And please change your service centre - they seem devoid of brains altogether.
Old 19th December 2007, 01:55   #6
BHPian

Does seem like a float problem. Its common with the matiz.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:14   #7
BHPian

I have experienced a similar problem in my previous Matiz SG. The fuel guage niddle used to jump to the full level (the extreme) even though the tank might have half.

I tried solving it, i got the same answer as I will have to replace the fuel pump as there is no separate electrical unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks