Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 16:03   #46
BHPian

Are you sure monty? thats big difference between the old and new mrp. Thank god for the new mrp
Old 15th July 2008, 16:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Very useful info my friends,since i have just bought my a new Cedia
Old 15th July 2008, 16:40   #48
BHPian

This is not new. Happened 4-5 months back.
Old 15th July 2008, 18:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
This is not new. Happened 4-5 months back.
Yes, and the reason I think is that parts are made locally by HM now, right?
Old 16th July 2008, 11:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Some of them are... but the reason given was a massive reduction in duties on imported parts.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Some of them are... but the reason given was a massive reduction in duties on imported parts.
When did that happen?

Most manufacturers have not reduced spare prices.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:47   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Correction, almost all parts are now localised for Cedia and Lancer. The only way to make out is compare the 2. Also I have the Mitsubishi parts catalog so I can compare the part numbers. Both are different.

It's a pity actually as the localisation has resulted in a price drop and a huge drop in quality. So much so that the HM service advisor is against changing my 75K Kms shocks as the old ones are better than the new ones. The old ones are known to last 80K kms but the new ones have a life of 40K kms.

I tried changing the accelerator cable and they had the local HM cable and not the Mitsubishi one. Looked up the part number in my parts catalog and realised that the japanese part numbers are different from the local HM ones.

I had no choice but to change one engine mount and when I compared the 2 mounts, one could visually see the poorer construction and the different rubber in the mount.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th July 2008 at 11:50.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It's a pity actually as the localisation has resulted in a price drop and a huge drop in quality. So much so that the HM service advisor is against changing my 75K Kms shocks as the old ones are better than the new ones. The old ones are known to last 80K kms but the new ones have a life of 40K kms.
I had no choice but to change one engine mount and when I compared the 2 mounts, one could visually see the poorer construction and the different rubber in the mount.
Incredible!! The HM dealers here are telling all and sundry that the reduction in part prices is because reduction in duties. Anyway, I caught their bull and challenged them to show me evidence of such cuts and their impact. One HM dealer told me that the price of parts have come down because they were placing 'bulk' import orders on parts from Japan. I nearly fell off my chair in astonishment. He was quite sheepish when I asked him whether this meant
a) Sales of cedia/lancer have gone up dramatically? There are no numbers backing this up
b) That Cedia/Lancer have started failing more regularly?
But then, it was the same HM dealer who told me that I see no Cedias on road because the Cedias are all brought by big executives who keep their cars parked in their offices most of the time.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:43   #54
Team-BHP Support

Sridhar which dealer in bangalore is this? Is it Southern Motors or was it Lathangi.

By the way even the body panels are cheaper as they are not as solid as before again something I compared with at the service centre.

Another incident was with the brake rotors. I had to get them changed and the new ones were completely uneven. The car used to shudder so badly when I apply teh brakes. Next day had the new rotors measured and sure enough they were uneven. This was indian replacement part.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Sridhar which dealer in bangalore is this? Is it Southern Motors or was it Lathangi.
Vid, both Southern & Lathangi were guilty on the story about 'the cheap imported' spare parts. Another variation of the story I have heard from them is that the redution in prices of spare parts is also because the company, in a bid to increase sales, has decided to forego margins on the spare parts.
But the real gem - to quote verbatim ,as much I remember from memory, -"hot-seling cedias are parked in office basements and hence not to be seen on the roads" goes to southern motors.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction, almost all parts are now localised for Cedia and Lancer. The only way to make out is compare the 2. Also I have the Mitsubishi parts catalog so I can compare the part numbers. Both are different.

It's a pity actually as the localisation has resulted in a price drop and a huge drop in quality.
Vid,
I recently learnt that there are also imported Lancer parts from Taiwan available in India. Sai Colorium told me that the prices are much lower than original Jap parts (i am guessing quality is lower as well but probably better than HM's handiwork) - Sai claimed to have the Jap OEM parts - headlamps, tail lamps, front and rear bumpers cost lower if Taiwan parts are used (lower than the reduced HM spare parts prices significantly) - Taiwan has significant Mitsu presence including manufacturing plant (noticed your are KaoHsiung)
So it seems like for mechanical parts atleast, its better to go with these Taiwanese stuff than HM localised ones ?
Probably, other TBHPians have some personal experiencehere ?
Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 16th July 2008 at 15:59.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea on how much would a front and a rear bumper would cost now?
Old 24th December 2014, 09:53   #58
BHPian

Re: Huge price drop on Mitsubishi Spare Parts

Hello all.
Last month our Cedia Sports ended up with a broken Sub-mirror (i.e. the casing of the ORVM is intact, only the mirror is gone). I was told by the Mitsubishi dealer that the sub-mirror is available separately which was ordered by the dealer next day. It has been almost a month and the sub-mirror has not arrived.
I would like to know that is the sub-mirror actually available as an OEM accessory, asking because I have not come across any spare parts list which states that it is available.
Also, is there any other source of getting the genuine Mitsubishi mirror other than the Mitsubishi dealer?
I am desparate to get the mirror ASAP as the car is lying unused just because of unavailability of the Mirror
Old 24th December 2014, 10:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Hello all.
Last month our Cedia Sports ended up with a broken Sub-mirror (i.e. the casing of the ORVM is intact, only the mirror is gone). I was told by the Mitsubishi dealer that the sub-mirror is available separately which was ordered by the dealer next day. It has been almost a month and the sub-mirror has not arrived.
I would like to know that is the sub-mirror actually available as an OEM accessory, asking because I have not come across any spare parts list which states that it is available.
Also, is there any other source of getting the genuine Mitsubishi mirror other than the Mitsubishi dealer?
I am desparate to get the mirror ASAP as the car is lying unused just because of unavailability of the Mirror

The story is same across. We customers feel cheated now, simple stuff like lower arms, shocks are not present at the A S S. Someone should intervene.

Pramod
Old 24th December 2014, 10:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Hello all.
Is it only the glass which has shattered? If yes then go to your nearest glass guy and ask him to cut a mirror in the shape of the old glass. Stick it with some double sided tape onto the mirror assy until you get the original part.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks