Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 12:22   #1
BHPian

Disarming autocop and setting it up - Help pls

Friends,

When I gave my Fiat Siena (equipped with Autocop XS) for service at Manipal Motors, I forgot to give the remote fob and just left the key with the vehicle. I got my vehicle back y'day and tried locking the vehicle using Autocop after reaching home. That triggered the alarm. I subsequently tried to lock the vehicle using the key and even then it started the alarm. After some more lock/unlock combinations with key/remote to get the autocop right, the alarm started blowing continuously. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the alarm.

Looks like the autocop got reset during service and needs some setting for getting it to the original condition. I do not have the autocop manual as I bought this car as second hand. Request your help to sort out this issue and get the autocop working properly.

Thanks,
Karthik.
Old 30th December 2007, 17:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Friends,

When I gave my Fiat Siena (equipped with Autocop XS) for service at Manipal Motors, I forgot to give the remote fob and just left the key with the vehicle. I got my vehicle back y'day and tried locking the vehicle using Autocop after reaching home. That triggered the alarm. I subsequently tried to lock the vehicle using the key and even then it started the alarm. After some more lock/unlock combinations with key/remote to get the autocop right, the alarm started blowing continuously. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the alarm.

Looks like the autocop got reset during service and needs some setting for getting it to the original condition. I do not have the autocop manual as I bought this car as second hand. Request your help to sort out this issue and get the autocop working properly.

Thanks,
Karthik.
Karthik,

Please disconnect the battery(negative) for say 30 seconds and connect back.That should solve the problem.

When you connect the battery back,

1just check if all the indicators come on ,
2.then press unlock and make sure the indicators stop blinking and the unlock alarm beeps twice(unlock chime !!!)
3.then lock and check that the doors lock and the alarm beeps once.
4If the alarm is continuous(for a few seconds) when you lock,it could also be that one door switch is not OK.

Please check and give us a feedback
Old 5th January 2008, 22:27   #3
BHPian

Hi Vigsom,

Unfortunately, I could not set the autocop right after following the steps. So, finally decided to disable autocop for now and disconnected the autocop power cable from the positive terminal of the battery. I hope to fix this some time later, probably during my next visit to manipal motors ...

thanks

- Karthik.
Old 5th January 2008, 23:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

why don't you just visit one of the autocop service centers and get it fixed?
Old 6th January 2008, 00:38   #5
BHPian

I am planning to fix it at a service center happywheels. Just postponing my trip to the service center as far as possible

Regards,
Karthik.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> I am planning to fix it at a service center happywheels. Just postponing my
> trip to the service center as far as possible

The following is their regional office at Bangalore.

No. 19/3, Jayaranga, Ground & First Floor,
Railway Parallel Road, Kumara Park (West),
Nehru Nagar, Bangalore - 560020
Tel.: 9916135966

The service is supposed to be at your door step.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:00   #7
Team-BHP Support

ok if you have a switch for your hood, while you reconnect the batt ensure that the switch is pressed (deactivated), then unlock (the system will lock the car) using remote and leave the switch free
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:31   #8
BHPian

Hey folks,

This might sound like a rather weired question, but how do u disable the alarm without the remote?

My remote fell down yesterday and i realized today that it is broke. Today when I opened the door with the key, the alarm went off. Thankfully, I had the duplicate remote at my place or else it would have driven the entire occupants of my apartment crazy!

Is there anyway to turn this thing off in such situations? Plus, is it possible to get the remote fixed?

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2008, 13:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi, synaps3

> Plus, is it possible to get the remote fixed?

Another remote could be sourced and programmed for your installation.
Old 2nd February 2008, 21:25   #10
BHPian

how much would that cost? and whats the procedure for turning the alarm off without the remote? <-- I know this question sounds wicked
Old 3rd February 2008, 01:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3 View Post
Hey folks,

This might sound like a rather weired question, but how do u disable the alarm without the remote?

My remote fell down yesterday and i realized today that it is broke. Today when I opened the door with the key, the alarm went off. Thankfully, I had the duplicate remote at my place or else it would have driven the entire occupants of my apartment crazy!

Is there anyway to turn this thing off in such situations? Plus, is it possible to get the remote fixed?

Thanks
Not to disturb the neighbours you could disconnect the siren temporarily( theres a coupler leading to it) untl you fix the problem.
Old 3rd February 2008, 21:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3 View Post
how much would that cost? and whats the procedure for turning the alarm off without the remote? <-- I know this question sounds wicked
I was quoted 140/- for a new remote in delhi last month.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:35   #13
BHPian

Ok , another problem but not Autocop this time ,infact it is for my guardian central locking system in my Indica. Very curiously the alarm starts to sound itself even though there has been no break in entry . I have to manually lock/unlock the car with my remote for the alarm to stop. This has led to high amount of irritation for the durwans and the drivers. The central locking is nearly 4.5 years old. We plan to keep the car for another year so no sense of going for a new central lock. Is it possible to cut out the wires to the hooter connected with the central lock and use the central locking only for locking/unlocking the doors ?
Old 4th February 2008, 17:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi nikunj_cal,

> central lock. Is it possible to cut out the wires to the hooter connected with
> the central lock and use the central locking only for locking/unlocking the
> doors

The intermittent siren may be due to one of the sensors being loose.

Do you have impact sensors fixed? You can reduce the sensitivity of the impact sensing part if that is triggering the alarm.

Finally, if you do not have any immobiliser once your alarm goes off, you can safely cut off the hooter wires and continue using the remote lock / unlock function.
Old 14th March 2009, 02:59   #15
BHPian

i need urgent help here.
I got autocop installed in my Fiat Palio last month, and it has been working fine since this evening. for last few days my car was in garage, for some works an I didn't bring it home due to Holi.
today evening at 8 o'clock, I parked my car in my building and locked it with remote.
after about 2 hrs, say 10 pm, the alarm started blowing with typical panic alarm tone.
I quickly went downstairs and unloked, locked, unlocked ...opened the door, switched on the the car, switched it off, locked the car with remote etc. and came back to my house. but again after appox 2 hrs the alarm started blowing again. same thing happened. I jus removed the fuse and disabled the system.
But why is this happaning?

The garage mechanics are quite good and they know their stuff. only thing is that they used to remove the battery for the work.

Also since I have removed the fuse, will the autocop get RESETed by the morning?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks