Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 19:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car pulling to the right (Fiat Palio)

well this is more like a problem report log, will keep updating it.

Recently I had given my car for its second service. after receiving the car i saw that it was pulling to the right.Driving in a straight line the car would slowly and surely drift to the right. Figuring that the car was out of allignment I decided to get the allignment done.

Concorde motors being too far from my place i decide to give it at MRF tyredrome for allignment and balancing. (Btw This was not done at the service)

So its done along with tyre rotation (4 wheel rotation) and when i left the place, guess what ? Its pulling to the left

Took the car back and they said its most likely a tyre or rim fault and swapped back the rear left and front right tyres (ealier i guess they did FR - RL) and then the initial problem of it pulling to right appeared

Will take the car to Concorde themselves tomorrow and see what they say.

My only gripe with all this is that the car didnt have any such issue before service and I feel that all this is a real unnecessary nuisance. Great job Concorde/Tata

Last edited by bottle : 7th January 2008 at 19:48.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:51   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

You want to get it aligned in Bangalore ? I can arrange that for you. We have a 3D wheel aligner and if it is a wheel alignment problem, we'll solve it.

But oh, I forgot, for that, you'll need to get up early and drive out of madras a bit early.

but personally, I think it's a tyre/rim problem.

Which tyres ? And stock rims ? Steel or Alloys ?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 7th January 2008 at 19:52.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

goodyear gps2 and the oem alloys
Old 7th January 2008, 19:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

which tyres? if they are non directional then some swapping around should fix this issue, if alignment is aok.

since they are non directional swap the LT and RT side tyres on the front axle, should fix the issue

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th January 2008 at 19:56.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:35   #5
BANNED

if ur wheels are aligned and still its pulling to one side than u must go for wheel balancing. there may be case that the that your tyres have unevenly worn out or you have directional tyres.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if the alignment was done correctly. Most of the times the technician will take a print out without tightening all the nuts. So ensure the all the nuts are tightened before taking a print out of the result.
Old 7th January 2008, 21:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Another thing, try not to rotate the tyres from right side to left side.

chaos and me had a long discussion abt that recently.

Whatever your tyre configuration was before you got it balanced, from that, just rotate the tyres from front to back and back to front. Then get the wheel alignment done.
Old 7th January 2008, 21:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

am taking to another tyre shop tomorrow , will check things out there again if not will change the faulty tyres or something
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:00   #9
BHPian

My Petra pulling to the left

Bottle,
I am facing the reverse case of your problem.
While coming from Coimbatore to Chennai,I noticed that my Petra started vibrating around 120KMPH and also was pulling to the left.Decided to get wheel alignment and balacing done as it was roughly around 4k km's since I did them.
Took an appointment with MRF Tyredrome and got tyre rotation/wheel alignment/balancing done today morning.
Now guess what,my car is pulling to the right.More than pulling,I feel like I am wrestling with it to go straight and not to Right.
I have attached a word doce with picture of the alignment report.JPEG was 1.61MB and I didnt know how to downsize it :-( .
This report is Greek and Latin to me.Can any guru's help.
Also,while I was there at Tyredrome,we spotted a side wall puncture on one of my tyres(the nail was still there).Replaced it with a new 175\65\R14 Goodyear GPS2.I dont know if this has anything to do.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Wheel alignmnt.doc (1.65 MB, 526 views)
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

is the problem still there after you replaced the tyre ? I got the wheels alligned about 6-7 times but the pulling issues never really went away. I suspect one of the tyres had some bad wear on it since which ever side that tyre went caused the pulling in that direction.

After a while I upgraded the tyres and with the new tyres there are no issues
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
is the problem still there after you replaced the tyre ? I got the wheels alligned about 6-7 times but the pulling issues never really went away. I suspect one of the tyres had some bad wear on it since which ever side that tyre went caused the pulling in that direction.After a while I upgraded the tyres and with the new tyres there are no issues
Yes.I replaced only 1 tyre.Other 3 are roughly around 4k old.Now its pulling to right.Earlier it was left

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks