Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 17:32   #16
BHPian

Encountered the same problem recently, luckily it wasn't my car.

We had hired a taxi (Indica) from Chennai to Tirupati. The driver (cum owner) was trying to pass on all his meal bills into our account and during the return journey we told him clearly that was not done.

It seems that pissed him off and he started driving like crazy after that. On a particulat stretch he was talking on mobile and driving and drove over a 1 foot long and deep hole at around 80 Kmph. There was a huge thud sound. Followed by a regular fouling sound. On inspection, front rim has a 6 inch wide bend. On replacement with spare tyre, sound went away. The rim was bent from the inside as well. The guy mentioned that Indica rims are not that good in this respect.

Ofcourse after that he drove well.
Old 9th January 2008, 17:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
The Person who was drving Honda City i would call him Idiot because of him entire story took place...

By the way Bend is not visible but i can clearely hera sound of metal rubbing when i installes this Rim
Why is it that whenever we post stories of mishaps, always someone else is an idiot and we are never at fault????
Old 9th January 2008, 18:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I don't intend to rub salt into your wound, but yes you should have maintained a safe distance.
Actually he should be happy that the damage is limited to a bent rim.. I had seen a Baleno sitting at my local A.S.S. It seems the the fellow followed a bus, bus nicely cleared a big stone in the middle of the road and the Baleno chap went straight and cracked his crankcase..
Old 10th January 2008, 09:25   #19
BANNED

Guys,

Here is the good news : Yesterday evening I started early from office 5.30 pm and directly went to my Mechanic (Borivali), he chked the Damaged RIM, he has taken out the Air from Tire and showed me Rim was bent from inside, then we directly headed to Wheel balancing Shop, Guy at shop was cool, He inspected the Rim and used Hammer to make it straight after that put the wheel in balancing Machine an Showed me Error on inner side it was showing 30, then he added weight to the wheel and removed the error.

Now drive is smooth as it was earlier

Regards,
Jitendra Satwik
Old 10th January 2008, 10:30   #20
BANNED

Forgot to add > Wheel balancing guy has charged me only 50 bucks

Last edited by nicejits : 10th January 2008 at 10:46.
Old 10th January 2008, 10:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

@nicejits:Cool man. Nice to hear that the vehicle is back in its shape.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:09   #22
BHPian

Nicejits,

I didnt quite understand who is the "Idiot driver".

Cheers!!
Old 10th January 2008, 15:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover98 View Post
Nicejits,

I didnt quite understand who is the "Idiot driver".

Cheers!!
Oh no not again . I have asked the same question y'day and lot of people havde replied. Pls go through the thread.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:57   #24
BHPian

snaronikar, vbmenu_register("postmenu_682859", true);

Sorry. I missed out your question in the thread. After posting, I read that. Sorry about that. Anyway my question was answered.

Even though like you told it is one's own fault for tailing another vehicle, we always tend to do that after you are stuck in traffic jam.

Cheers!!
Old 10th January 2008, 17:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
We had hired a taxi from Chennai to Tirupati. The driver was trying to pass on all his meal bills into our account and during the return journey we told him clearly that it was not done.
Is it considered normal to exclude meals? I've always paid the driver's meal and tea bills (it doesn't come to much; less than Rs 100 for the whole day). This is apart from the Rs 150-200 given to the driver as per-day "allowance".
Old 10th January 2008, 22:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yeah..It is normal to exclude meals. As we will be paying bata to drivers if they drive more than 12 hrs.

Some drivers refuse to come with us even though we call them for breakfast/lunch/dinner during our travel. But some drivers will be waiting for us to call. It depends on the people with whom the driver is travelling with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks