Team-BHP - Ford Ikon Flair Back Door Problem.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Ford Ikon Flair Back Door Problem. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/34065-ford-ikon-flair-back-door-problem.html)

My ford Inon Flair is giving the problems in Back doors (both RH & LH). It is not latching properly. When the door is pushed, it is not locking. Last week, I had been to Cauvery Ford and met with Srinivas and inturn he took the vehicle to Wasim. he checked and put some Grease on the door latch. But the problem still persists.

Do any T-Bhpians know somebody in Bangalore (outside Ford authorised dealers) who can set right this?

Can you be lil more specific, is it that when you close the door it doesnt close completely OR is it the door locks dont lock?

If the lock system is fine then you need to set the door hinges, ford generally charges 150 bucks for this but any good body shop can fix it in 10 mts.

iKON has typical european build and requires lil more effort to close compared to jap cars, so if thats the case dont fiddle too much coz it can lead to door squeaks and rattles. Ensure that door settings are done when car is parked on level ground and NOT on an incline (most common mistake i have seen) to avoid any chasis flex error.

I didnt understand the problem exactly, but i am assuming that when you open the door from the outside, and then shut it with a push, it doesnt shut properly. I would say thats not how the door should be closed. You would need to provide it with force till the door actually closes.

At Cauvery Ford speak with Biju or else Maran both of whom are toad test advisors. If you get to speak with Biju, tell him you are Benson's friend.

I am sure he would be able to help you out.

@ Jaggu & Benbsb: You are exactly right. When I shut the door, it does not close properly. I need to push it hard and I get a loud thud sound.

Will try and speak to Biju. But anybody near Vijayanagar / Rajajinagar / Malleshwaram area where I can go in easily as Cauvery ford is quite a distance from my house.

@snaronikar: Cauvery is located far away from any area, the way i see it.
To me, an entire day is lost if i have to give the car in for a service. i usually hang around till the evening to collect the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 682765)
At Cauvery Ford speak with Biju or else Maran both of whom are toad test advisors.

Exactly what sort of toad testing do they do? You know, there are laws about abusing toads. This is one of the funnier typos I have seen. Sorry, did not mean to pick on you.

Ford guy, you should be able to take your Ford to a nearby mechanic who will hit each door latch pin a couple times with a hammer to realign and all will be well. This is an easy fix. Ask a taxi driver where they go to get their doors fixed. Their Tata sumos and whatever always come out of alignment especially rear doors and there are a lot of guys who are adept at tapping the latches with a hammer. Ask around, this is a common problem. This is a 20 rupee fix.

Take it to the dealer and you will waste time and he will just hit it with a hammer also and charge you 300 rupees.

Hi,ever since I got my Ikon back in '05 the back doors are in this state,requiring constant pressure on the door until it shuts in properly. But over time,another problem arised on both back doors in the handle. They require us to lift the handle a lot,until we think the handle would break off,then only it clicks open. Ford doesn't know what to do here. Says its normal. But it's not! The front 2 doors are perfect. Another reliability issue in the Ikon.

cya
A

Yeah..The FR RH/LH doors are alright. But the problem is only with the BK Doors. I feel all the Ford's have the same problem.

Hitting with a hammer will fix the problem and can I do it myself then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 683264)
Yeah..The FR RH/LH doors are alright. But the problem is only with the BK Doors. I feel all the Ford's have the same problem.

Hitting with a hammer will fix the problem and can I do it myself then?

No. Better not try it. The mechanics seem to know just where to tap along the sills and the metal work around the latches. They will have it done in under 15 minutes. You might make it worse by tapping in the wrong place the wrong way.

Hi Guys,

Ford often says that Ikon doors are comparitively bit more hard than other cars even after greasing or rust off spary which ford folks usually do.

Infact they claim and show that Fiesta has even more hard doors.

I suggest you do not tweak any part rather have it greasing top your stisfactions and try openinga nd closing few times and leave it so....

I do understand thing will be back of ur head, but .... better to have it that way rather tweak and get into other scenario..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 682952)
Exactly what sort of toad testing do they do? You know, there are laws about abusing toads. This is one of the funnier typos I have seen. Sorry, did not mean to pick on you.

Nice find, Dan. I admit its a typo, and a rather funny one at that.
bound to happen when you have 'r' and 't' placed next to each other on the keyboard, and also when you browse TBHP from your office, during office time. :D

Hi, I have a Ford Ikon - Flair (early 2004 Model) and have been facing a strange problem with my rear right door lock from last 3 months. The car has central locking and it locks & and unlocks when the ignition is switched ON/OFF respectively.

The problem starts if the car is parked in direct sunlight during afternoon for long time. As soon as I start the car and central locking takes charge and locks the door. Well, all doors but one. The rear right door lock goes bonkers and keeps on locking and unlocking.

This goes on for long time even while the car is running or parked. It stops only when then car is parked in shade for sometime and when it its cooler inside cabin.

This only happens in the above mentioned scenario and the lock works just fine during night or if the car was parked in shade to start with.

I took the car to my local mechanic and he doesn’t know what could be the cause. Then I took it to Wasan Ford (Thane) and they said the lock or the motor could be the problem and it will have to be replaced. I highly doubt this as I feel it could be some problem with wiring.

Anyone here faced similar problem or has any idea on what could be the possible solution? Help!!!

Check if the lock cables are fine, maybe the heat is casing it to act up and the door lock go into loop. Also check if the lock mechanism is otherwise set right.

Restarting an old thread for a 10 year oold car...

My Ikon is equipped with Xenos security system on top of central locking.
1. since last one year to about last month the LH door lock was not actuating by itself everytime. Adding to confusion, @ service station this worked flawlessly.
2. I relied on the master lock in RH to lock & unlock
3. Lately the RH side unlock started misbehaving initiating a loop behavior of trying to lock & unlock while engaging remote lock.

4. I thought it was the transmitter and a little DIY servicing helped then
5. Now the RH door is refusing to unlock, leaving the remote useless.
6. Current situation is that I use the LH to manually unlock (which initiates loop of lock-unlock) and internally unlock the master in RH for lock release. To lock I use the master in RH manually. I have disconneted Xenos temporarily to avoid further issues.

Showed to a local electrician, who opened up LH and claimed the lock elec/mech is faulty. Also after his service, the power windows started screeching :eek:

What are my options? please:

1. Service center is 35 km far and not within reach. Also cost of servicing means replacement of 2 master locks - bang 7k
2. Can installation of another security system help? As that person with his know-how perhaps can fix the lock issue?
3. Any recommendations to get this done outside FSS near to Mahindra world city

The car is 2006 Ford Ikon Flair