Team-BHP - Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/34204-maintain-car-yourself-service-checklist-20.html)

Hi Guys,

Anyone knows reliable private service center for Maruti in Thane?
The main thing I am looking for private service center due to high costs and taxes charged at MASS (Navneet / Thanawala).

Now my Swift DZire VXI is due for 60K service. In addition to standard 60K service I am thinking to replace full synthetic engine oil (already using) and air filter to K&N if it is really worth. I will be doing standard tyre rotation / balancing / alignment separately from Stylo car care which I found comfortable.

Most of my drives are mostly on highways so please also suggest if anything specific to be checked / replaced during 60K service other than mentioned in service manual.

Regards,
Sameer.

Hi Guys,

Also suggest how much it will be cost effective if I purchase front bumper from market instead of MGA.

Regards,
Sameer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameervg (Post 3447796)
Hi Guys,

Also suggest how much it will be cost effective if I purchase front bumper from market instead of MGA.

AFAIK, the labour charges + painting could be higher at MASS so I suggest you to buy the bumper at MGA and get it painted + fit at an FNG.

Anurag.

As mentioned earlier, now I am in search for reliable private service center for Maruti in Thane. So that I can save some money which can be used for more fuel!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameervg (Post 3448006)
As mentioned earlier, now I am in search for reliable private service center for Maruti in Thane. So that I can save some money which can be used for more fuel!

Sorry but why don't you search the T-BHP Directory (Mumbai) for reliable service centres?!

Anurag.

My Wagon R has just gone for the 60K service.

Some service options suggested:
1) Throttle Body Cleaning @ Rs. 1350++--- DECLINED.
2) Engine Oil Change---- OK
3) Air and Oil Filter Change--- OK
4) Complete Air condition service--- OK(Though was a bit reluctant. Rs. 3000/-. Could have got a better deal outside MASS but then wont be significantly cheaper).
5) Suspension Bush replacement-- All four front suspensions~ Rs. 1200/-. They will check and revert if necessary.

Expected Damages:

Paid Service --- 1250
Fluids ---- 1800
Filters ----- 300
Coolant ----- 300
Brake Oil-------- Top Up
Spark Plugs------Check and Clean(For Replacement, NGK @ 800/4 nos)
AC Service ----- 3000
Seals for door rattles---200

Taxes Extra:

Approx. ~ Rs. 6500++ without spark plugs

Will load the bill amount once I get the same.

My query:

The car is at 60 K. Is the AC servicing actually required. My run has a decent running and is about 2.5 years old. I could see that the cooling coil was pretty dirty from outside.

What happens in case of a clogged cooling coil?
The AC servicing includes:

1) Gas Top up
2) Cooling coil cleaning
3) Evaporator Pipe cleaning.

My Swift hatch door gas struts (the gas tubes which extend and keeps the hatch from falling down) has gone kaput. Any idea on the approximate cost for the pair? And also any FNG near OMR Sholliganalur? I dont want MASS to milk me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 3492338)
My Swift hatch door gas struts (the gas tubes which extend and keeps the hatch from falling down) has gone kaput. Any idea on the approximate cost for the pair? And also any FNG near OMR Sholliganalur? I dont want MASS to milk me.

:uncontrol

Buy the parts from an MGP dealer and get them installed at an FNG. Simple. Why give them a chance to milk you!

Part number (this is taken from the parts catalogue of my 2013 Swift ZDi). I guess the struts should be the same be it any version.
  1. Balancer, Back Door RH - 81850M74L00

2. Balancer, Back Door LH - 81860M74L00

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3492402)
Buy the parts from an MGP dealer and get them installed at an FNG. Simple. Why give them a chance to milk you!

Thanks. Any idea on approximate cost for the pair? Yet to notice a dependable MGP store in ECR/OMR

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 3492415)
Thanks. Any idea on approximate cost for the pair? Yet to notice a dependable MGP store in ECR/OMR

Expect the costs to be between 500-800 per pair (for both the struts LH + RH).

Order it online buddy and they'll contact you the next day with the area from where you can collect the parts.

http://www.mgp.co.in/

In the above link, go to "place an order" and complete the form with the required details. You'll get them.

Looking at your "Location" from your profile, here are the locations for the MGP dealer in Chennai.

Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist-untitled.jpg

Anurag.

Hi All,
We have a 2006 Innova V which is nearing 150K KM. Clutch was replaced once (around 100K) and we are following Toyota ASS recommended service so far. It is self driven 95% of the time except when borrowed by someone.
I love the car and I couldn't find any better alternative to replace this car except another Innova as we use 3 rows a good amount of the time. New Innova is ruled out as there is talk of all new Innova (hopefully with 6'th gear) in near future and the current price for V. Decided to keep the car for few more years as there is nothing seriously wrong with this car now.

There are the few questions I have
1) Is there any Proactive/Preventive maintenance that I can do?
2) What are the routine things that need to be looked at, replaced or repaired in Innova at this age and usage?
3) Has anyone installed a reverse camera with screen that fits the double din slot with luck? What is the recommended model for the screen and camera? (I've seen a pioneer screen with camera fitted on bumper in friend's innova but it doesn't show anything < 4 feet from bumper which is very critical while backing up)

Thank you

Why so much worry when it is self driven and seems to go strong at this age of 150k. Does it show any unsual symptoms? Be cool.

Don't try to fix beforehand what is not broken. These cars go stock for much longer miles with just regular maintenance adherence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by live360 (Post 3512392)
1) Is there any Proactive/Preventive maintenance that I can do?
2) What are the routine things that need to be looked at, replaced or repaired in Innova at this age and usage?

Just keep getting regular services carried on, keep checking on components time to time, propeller shaft, timing belt etc. The technicians/SA themselves would surely raise alarm if anything concerning is found and would advice accordingly. If you need to get confidence, for once ask them to do thorough checkup and give detailed report and stand there on shopfloor while it is done so you get your worries settled.

Although do keep a lookout on the panel rusts. They creep in anyway and in any manner. Try to do remedy or preventive maintenance there. Ask the dealer to get Toyota anti-rust treatment done. If big holes or cracks appeared (usually at lower edge of doors due to water seepage etc over the years), get what best treatment can be done from them, welding, spraying etc.

Quote:

3) Has anyone installed a reverse camera with screen that fits the double din slot with luck? What is the recommended model for the screen and camera? (I've seen a pioneer screen with camera fitted on bumper in friend's innova but it doesn't show anything < 4 feet from bumper which is very critical while backing up)
You are better off with the slant camera that comes in new gen Innova fitted in line of number plate lights that is angled downwards to give that much needed vision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3512475)
Why so much worry when it is self driven and seems to go strong at this age of 150k. Does it show any unsual symptoms? Be cool.

Don't try to fix beforehand what is not broken. These cars go stock for much longer miles with just regular maintenance adherence.

Parsh, thank you for your reply. I'm not so much worried, but little concerned about the integrity of the components due to the age of the car, like struts, ball joints and such (not mechanically inclined) but whatever keeps the car safe since I take the car on highways with family frequently. Have seen a wheel come off at highway speeds in US from an old Camry which spun off and hit the meridian, I've narrowly missed it by braking hard and switching few lanes at the same time, ABS and empty roads saved me. With the age and bad roads we have, I' wanted to know if I'm better off changing the parts that take abuse before hand :)
Will have the panels checked out when I visit the service next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3512475)
You are better off with the slant camera that comes in new gen Innova fitted in line of number plate lights that is angled downwards to give that much needed vision.

Does Toyota sell this camera so that I can have it installed outside or can we get slant cameras outside ?

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by live360 (Post 3512594)
Have seen a wheel come off at highway speeds in US from an old Camry which spun off and hit the meridian, I've narrowly missed it by braking hard and switching few lanes at the same time, ABS and empty roads saved me. With the age and bad roads we have, I' wanted to know if I'm better off changing the parts that take abuse before hand :)

Could have been a case of ignorance or untimely maintenance. So don't worry. But yes, get that thorough checkup done at Toyota dealership and they should help you genuinely and replacement if at all required as seen fit.

Quote:

Does Toyota sell this camera so that I can have it installed outside or can we get slant cameras outside ?

Thank you.
Toyota does not sell that camera as an accessory. But it is pretty easy to get in after market if you know what you are looking for and ask for it.

We have used the similar one on our Etios if you check out the below post. Should give you some idea. I had similar thoughts to yours about the rear visibility and this serves the purpose rightly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2766134

Quote:

Originally Posted by parsh (Post 3512720)
We have used the similar one on our Etios if you check out the below post. Should give you some idea. I had similar thoughts to yours about the rear visibility and this serves the purpose rightly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2766134

Parsh, just been through your thread. One quick question, since camera is not in tack middle of the car, does it effect the field of vision?
Thanks