Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2008, 18:37   #1
BANNED

Indica - radiator water problem

in my indica, Radiator water decreases by around 100-150 ml during 150kms travel...therez no hose leak , engine is good condition (it starts in a single heater time even in cold morning)...no oil trace in radiator can, so i hope there wont be any gasket leak..

what must be the prob? but there is no coolant when i bought second hand..its water..

temp gauge also shows almost half the gauge, so ..the fan is running..Will the prob be solved with coolant? or any other???
Old 15th January 2008, 00:58   #2
BHPian

If its water then it will evaporate....check condition of the coolant mix, if its totally watery replace it.

Drain the entire coolant resorvoir, Add 6 Ltrs of OEM Thanda Raja ( HP ) or Golden Cruiser, should solve the issue and reduce worries for a year or two, unless on some other case like Leakages or Radiator Damages.

I replaced the Coolant to Thanda Raja Pre-Mixed @ Rs 115 per Ltr when the coolant level in my XETA had dropped low over a year.
Old 15th January 2008, 02:35   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

It can be blown off gasket that must be mixing coolant with oil,or a hose leak,whatever but never take chances with cooling system its time for you to go to a service center and get it checked A.S.A.P

Most Viewed