Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 13:54   #1
BANNED

Rear bumper Cracked – plastic welding

Team,

Sometime back I was waiting on the highway to get the Signal green, a guy came on bike and ramped into by rear bumper I noticed it has developed small crack, now that crack is getting more developed, ( say abt 8 inches, but it looks bad ) can i get it plastic welded ? ( not worth to change entire bumper )if yes plz guide me ?

TIA

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 15th January 2008, 14:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

The bumper only costs 700 odd rupees and 900 with taxes. Around 1500 for painting..
I don't think 8" plastic tear would be easily corrected by plastic welding.
Old 16th January 2008, 07:43   #3
BANNED

The same thing happened to me one year ago...

Go the bumper crack welded by a local workshop. He heated the bumper before working. And, the work was very nice it looked like a new bumper !
Old 16th January 2008, 13:05   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Team,

Sometime back I was waiting on the highway to get the Signal green, a guy came on bike and ramped into by rear bumper I noticed it has developed small crack, now that crack is getting more developed, ( say abt 8 inches, but it looks bad ) can i get it plastic welded ? ( not worth to change entire bumper )if yes plz guide me ?

TIA

Regards,
Jitendra
bumper can be welded but there may be problem that it can crack again during winters as the plastic becomes hard and contracts . another problem is that you may have to repaint the bumper over that area . so go for a new one or get a second hand and get it painted.

Most Viewed