Team-BHP - Putting a Free Flow Exhaust in Esteem 2001
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Putting a Free Flow Exhaust in Esteem 2001 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/34583-putting-free-flow-exhaust-esteem-2001-a.html)

Hi Friends.... ( rather guru's ),

I have an Esteem 2001 model and wanted to put a FFE in it , i wanted to ask

- Mileage after FFE ( my car gives 13~15~17 city / highways in bangalore )
- Cost of FFE
- any recommendations from whom to get it done

Thanks

Mileage - depends - most likely to go down because you will be revving more to enjoy the sporty exhaust note - may slightly increase if you drive sedately.

Cost - depends on whether you are opting for Mild Steel or Stainless Steel / Fabricator. usually ranges between 6K-15K

Recommendations - Viper / Automech / Raj Hingorani / Psycho / Electra / your friendly neighbourhood tuner.

Since you are in Bangalore you can get it done from Raj Hingorani and also FRK Racing Bangalore and i suppose a person called Fazal does it if i aint wrong.
FYI FOLLOW THIS THREAD

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html

Mileage depends on the way you drive. Usually the FE goes down as you will be tempted to floor the pedal. Believe me the sound is very addictive. Even after almost 2 years i am still enjoying the sound of my FFE.

But if you drive sedately the FE will not be hampered, but might actually improve by a kmpl or two.

Cost varies on several factors like - design (4x1 ; 4x2x1), finish (SS or MS-GI alloy ; ceramic coating), tuner, etc.

Do let us know your driving stlye so we can help.

If you mostly drive in the city and rarely on highways i recommend a street spec (4x2x1 design). This design ensures high amount of low end torque which is needed the most in city traffic. Driving with street spec headers will ensure longer life of your clutch as you wont be compromising on low end torque and hence riding the clutch will be totally uncalled for. Expect wheelspins in 1st and 2nd gears as acceleration is very high. The power peaks in lower rpm's and leans out as the rpm's climb.

On the other hand if u drive frequently on the highways, consider investing in a race spec header - 4x1 design. Here the low end torque is less, riding the clutch is imminent to move the car from standstill/very low speeds. But the mid range and top end performance of the car increases to a large extent. With this you can cruise at high speeds with almost no effort. But do note that esteems have shabby brakes and suspensions which are vital to control the car safely.

You can also retain the center muffler for a muted sound or get rid of it and have a straight pipe from the headers till the end can. A straight pipe will make your car sound very loud and in blore this is not advisable.

An SS muffler will give a deep bassy note to the car while other mufflers made from MS will give a metallic rally note to the car. Decide on what kind of muffler you want. Note that there will be some flutter present in case of 4x1 headers no matter which muffler you use.

With regard to coating, SS headers look nice but are prone to corrosion. Ceramic coating provides some heat insulation though.

Consider getting a K&N filter or any other aftermarket high flow air filter too.

Approx cost of an OE K&N for esteem is around 4.5k to 5k while the full FFE can cost upwards of 10k.

Reputed tuners in blore for FFE and not limited to are - Psycho, raj hingorani, FRK racing etc and Electra in Chennai.

All the best.

Thank you guru's

the whole trouble is that price of petrol is +50 / lt in bglr......I dont wana screw up my mileage as I am getting about 13~17 km/ lt range , i just want a good sounding car . I have already fitted in a K&N filter ( performance ) anyways thanks once again I will make up my mind ....... but 1 thing for sure I want it.......

@ n_aditya

Buddy can you enlighten poorer souls like me thirsty for knowledge by posting some pics or a schematic diagram sequence showing how an FFE really works and what are the different types per se'.

I am sure others would be equally benefitted.
please: