Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 10:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Problem with indicators/blinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
When I was trying to figure out what the issue is, I noticed whenever the brake light does turn on, the engine rpm drops quite a bit.(Standing)
This part of your problem may not be an issue at all. The booster assisted brakes work on the vacuum generated by the engine which is actually used when you apply the brakes. So, it is normal to have a slight change in engine RPM when you press the brake pedal. However, if the drop is too much, then you may have a vacuum leak somewhere or your IAC valve may need cleaning.

Regarding brake lights not working, this could be a simple electrical problem like bad brake switch, lose wires or a bad connection.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 10:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Car: Maruti Suzuki Estilo Lxi

Issue: Indicator bulbs light up but do not flash either on using the indicator switch or upon pressing the hazard switch.

However, when I lock and unlock the car using the (aftermarket installation of 9 years) remote, the indicators flash twice - like they have all along been doing.

Any specific leads for troubleshooting will be appreciated.
Old 11th November 2021, 18:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Car: Maruti Suzuki Estilo Lxi

Issue: Indicator bulbs light up but do not flash either on using the indicator switch or upon pressing the hazard switch.
The issue was identified as a faulty relay.

A replacement solved the problem.

Original Part No: 38610M76G10

Replaced Part No: 38610M78320

Hope the solution will last.
Old 11th May 2023, 17:17   #19
BHPian

Hello Fellow Members,

I'm stuck with a problem with my AltoK10 since few days . The rear right indicator doesn't turn on intermittently and now it is completely down.

As usual in these cases, the front right indicator flashes at double the frequency.

As is the case in simple troubleshooting, I opened the rear right tail lamp assembly and looked at the Orange bulb. To my surprise the filament was intact. I checked the voltage with a Multimeter and it was fluctuation between 10.58 to 0 volts based on the blink.

Then I went to the Maruti Authorized spare parts guy and he didn't have the bulbs in stock. Next to him was a Sikh gentleman running a bigger spare parts shop for automobiles. I borrowed a new bulb from there and to my surprise, even that didn't light up. Then I tested the old bulb and as expected it was working fine on the test bed of the Shop. When the old/new bulb is placed in the socket, they won't light up. I scratched the +ve terminal of the socket with a pin but that didn't give any +ve result.

I find DIY repairs challenging and I don't want to get it repaired outside (Authorized Service centers or FNGs). Now I can only think of scratching the socket terminals with sandpaper.

Would anybody pitch in some ideas or a solution?
Old 11th May 2023, 19:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Hello Fellow Members,

I'm stuck with a problem with my AltoK10 since few days . The rear right indicator doesn't turn on intermittently and now it is completely down.

As usual in these cases, the front right indicator flashes at double the frequency.

As is the case in simple troubleshooting, I opened the rear right tail lamp assembly and looked at the Orange bulb. To my surprise the filament was intact. I checked the voltage with a Multimeter and it was fluctuation between 10.58 to 0 volts based on the blink.

Then I went to the Maruti Authorized spare parts guy and he didn't have the bulbs in stock. Next to him was a Sikh gentleman running a bigger spare parts shop for automobiles. I borrowed a new bulb from there and to my surprise, even that didn't light up. Then I tested the old bulb and as expected it was working fine on the test bed of the Shop. When the old/new bulb is placed in the socket, they won't light up. I scratched the +ve terminal of the socket with a pin but that didn't give any +ve result.

I find DIY repairs challenging and I don't want to get it repaired outside (Authorized Service centers or FNGs). Now I can only think of scratching the socket terminals with sandpaper.

Would anybody pitch in some ideas or a solution?
Hi,

I think the wire might not be able to supply the required current for a 21W halogen bulb for the rear indicator socket. May be some rat might have chewed the wire & only few strands are left connected.

You can do the following:
1. See if the 21W bulb glows very dim in the rear indicator socket.
2. Try using a LED bulb in the rear indicator socket. LED bulbs consumes less current but the front indicator will blink at 2x rate.
bobbyblr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 23:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Hi,

I think the wire might not be able to supply the required current for a 21W halogen bulb for the rear indicator socket. May be some rat might have chewed the wire & only few strands are left connected.

You can do the following:
1. See if the 21W bulb glows very dim in the rear indicator socket.
2. Try using a LED bulb in the rear indicator socket. LED bulbs consumes less current but the front indicator will blink at 2x rate.
Thanks Bobby, I checked the wires inside the tail lamp & they were intact & no teeth marks present anywhere. Of course the bulb doesn't even light up. Let me try the LED thing and sanding the socket on weekend. Will post the result here. It has become really tricky now.

Last edited by G V Krishna : 11th May 2023 at 23:08.
Old 21st March 2024, 15:16   #22
BHPian

It turned out to be a loose contact in the plug. During one of the periodic service, the Maruti service center folks tried all gimmicks and then realize it was the pins were loose in the socket that couples the taillight assembly.

On another note, my other ride 2017 Dzire started showing the same symptoms and after changing the bulbs and wondering about the issue, it too turned out to be the loose pins of the coupler/socket.

Really Maruti is optimizing cost of parts, just to last 4-5 years. That is very bad for the environment and brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks