Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:56   #1
BANNED

Accent CRDi overhaul details please

i have heard from some friends and mechanics that accent crdi would give much problems like excessive smoke , change in NVH levels, and lots of maintenance on engine after around 85k on odo. Is it true?

I feel they are right, since i was offered 2003 and 2004 accents crdi , single owner car for around 3.3- 3.55 lakhs... which had 80k and 95k on odo..

but i was searching lancer, but even an 99-2000 model diesel costs around 3.2- 3.8 lakhs.. am sure that lancer diesel engine is sturdy...it wont rest until 3lakhs kms...but am not sure abt accent crdi...does the engine problem lead to low resale value of accent crdi's?

i prefer and searching for lancer bcoz of its sporty looks and reliability with a class more than accent. but i can say accent crdi is better tech than outdated mistu engine..comments plz
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:21   #2
BANNED

btw am not against accent crdi. jus curious to know whether the allegation abt the engine is true ?
rajivanoj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd February 2008, 12:09   #3
BHPian

My cousin's and uncle's CRDIs which are 2004 & 2005 models crossed 90K and 80K still going good. They are also driven by multiple drivers.

Where as one of my friend's CRDI had turbo failure at 90K. This is also driven by multiple drivers
Old 3rd February 2008, 16:31   #4

May be it is the way the Engine is taken care of. The Engine has to idle for a Minute when started and before it is stopped. Reving the Engine immediately when it is started starves the Turbo bearings of Lubrication leading to cascading effects.
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

The engine on mine was all good at 85000kms.

Drifter
Old 3rd February 2008, 21:02   #6
BANNED

has more to do with how well the engine is taken care of. i have heard this crdi issue from others too.
Old 4th February 2008, 00:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
has more to do with how well the engine is taken care of. i have heard this crdi issue from others too.
sir even i have heard crdi issues but main problem is that people really don't care about things like water level in radiator etc and most treat crdi like regular petrol cars. people tend to start and drive and stop thats why turbo failure are common at 80k.
Old 4th February 2008, 01:45   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
sir even i have heard crdi issues but main problem is that people really don't care about things like water level in radiator etc and most treat crdi like regular petrol cars. people tend to start and drive and stop thats why turbo failure are common at 80k.
Agree, my cousins skoda broke down at 42K, had to go in for a complete engine work as he never check the engine oil level, its a shame.

irrespective of diesel or petrol, you need to care for your car.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:33   #9
BANNED

@ all

Thanks for your comments. its impractical to make engine idle for a minute before off and after starting...in case of self driving , we can take care of. but we cant expect same from drivers or other friends (in case they need our car for a drive).
Old 4th February 2008, 16:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv
Thanks for your comments. its impractical to make engine idle for a minute before off and after starting...in case of self driving , we can take care of. but we cant expect same from drivers or other friends (in case they need our car for a drive).
30 seconds is adequate.
Old 6th February 2008, 11:14   #11
BANNED

Accent CRDi was always known as a problematic & non-long lasting diesel when compared to diesels from Skoda/Toyota.

This is being confirmed by a Hyundai engineer.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:29   #12
BANNED

Just today i got to know that accent Crdi has been discontinued. only GLE is available for now. I fear this will lead to very low resale value as like ikon 1.8D after ford discontinued it.

if accent crdi is available at showrooms now, i would have thought about getting an used crdi version at around 3 lakhs. But since its been discontinued, i shall stick in my search of used lancer diesel, since its been tried and tested. i agree its outdated when compared to skodas , optra's but at 3 lakhs for a used one , its only best diesel available for now.
Old 15th May 2009, 06:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

your accent crdi over haul details please.

i am creating this thread so that, this confusion on the accent crdi engine's life is created is made a bit lesser.

i request the details of the engine manufactured year, the cost incurred in the rebuild, the reason stated by the service center for the rebuild and cost break up of the BILL for parts.

i have heard quiet a few people say that the engines manufactured PRE-2005 have faced these problems, and POST-2005 engines they say this issue is not faced is high number of vehicles as pre-2005.

so this is a survey to see if the above statements made by few is true or not, and this thread will serve as a log for all the Crdi Accent owners to check out the details.

Last edited by rider60 : 15th May 2009 at 06:54.
Old 15th May 2009, 08:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Add a poll my friend. It will help to get clear numbers.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

i have heard quiet a few people say that the engines manufactured PRE-2005 have faced these problems, and POST-2005 engines they say this issue is not faced is high number of vehicles as pre-2005.
Would this be because Pre 2005 engines are older as compared to post 2005 & naturally would have covered more mileage & undergone more wear & tear, causing more such cases?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks